You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Disappearing Trolleybus

Real Ghost Stories

Disappearing Trolleybus

 

This is an odd account I lived once when I used to go to school. I was 14 or 15, I do not clearly remember. Nothing like that happened before or afterwards.

I lived in Riga in that time and commuted to school every day. My commute included taking a tram and then a trolleybus. To those who hear about it for the first time it is like a baby from a union of a tram and a wayward bus. It has a trolley pole and gets electricity from the cables above like a tram, but has wheels like a bus and does not use rails. For short distances it can move without electricity supply because it is awesome like that (has a rechargeable battery in its rear).

Back to the story. In order to get to the trolleybus stop, I had to cross a wide square. The stop was situated on one of the streets adjoining the square. I had this one advantage that I could see a trolleybus coming from afar across the square and could hurry up to catch it if necessary.

That morning I was walking as usual and I saw just that - a trolleybus coming from afar, so I sprinted to the trolleybus stop. One last glimpse, I looked over the shoulder to see if it indeed was coming and it was, in fact about to round the corner but was waiting for the light to change. Victoriously, I trotted to the stop to join the crowd of people who were already there and eagerly waited for the thing to round the corner, except that it did not. That seemed odd and I waited a bit more. The cars that had been waiting at the lights passed but there was no sign of the trolleybus. Curiously I walked back to the corner from which the trolleybus should have come, thinking that perhaps it had some technical issue, however, there was no sign of trolleybus there. I looked around thinking that maybe it had passed the stop for some reason, but there was no sign of the trolleybus being in the area at all. Mind you they are not small or even car-sized; those are quite big low-floor high-comfort things that cruise around with a chain rattling at the front wheel (for the visually impaired people to hear their approach since they are not loud per se). So I went back to the stop and waited with the rest of people. I had half the mind to ask if anyone else had seen that, but in the end I did not have the heart to do it.

Other hauntings by HoppingCorpse

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HoppingCorpse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Wow... There's a moderator out there somewhere having a wonderful time over the comments. A whole ghost trolly. You might have a premonition going on there. Either way, it would be so worth checking out some news history to see what's up. Or reading physics, one or the other! 😊
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Dear Aussiedaz,
Thank you for the insight! It would have been a funny thing to see if someone somewhere else saw a disappearing girl run across the street.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Just to add a little more on to my previous comment, these theoretical physicist believe that the big bang theory or the singularity event, was a massive collision of parallel universes that collided against each other to form our own universe that basically is separated by time only?... I feel on a very lower frequency of collision, it's possible two identical universes separated by time only could conjoin to interact long enough without spectators knowing it at all? It's only when they readjust to their own space and time do people on each side notice anything... Perhaps someone saw you run across the road and then disappear? And perhaps UFO's are colliding universes with civilizations many years ahead of us? It's all intriguing and debatable and they do occur? Anyway thank you for sharing it.

Daz
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Your account and others like it make me believe in some of the new theoretical theory's on parallel universes and the principle laws and behavior of string theory relating to consciousness and atoms at the quantum level... Your left gobsmacked when you witness something like this, it happened to me some years ago, interesting point for my own conclusions on these accounts, again you was another one who stopped observing it just before it vanished? Here's a link that may interest you in regards to parallel universes... Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JdNshCKGMg
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Lady-glow. Hmm, I would have thought it too, but our trolleys have a distinct colour scheme and size that is very difficult to mistake for anything else. Here is a picture of it with the trolley-pole down. Http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/lv/b/b7/9._trolejbuss.JPG
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
Interesting story, I think that if any of the other people waiting on the stop had seen the trolleybus they too, would have wonder what happened to it.
I do not know if this was a paranormal experience, perhaps you mistook some other vehicle for the trolley?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: