You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was It Really Him?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It Really Him?

 

Hey guys I've got a sad one now! Get your tissues ready!

Well, my mom purchased a flower shop about a year ago. It's a pretty big building. It has a basement, main floor, a loft, and an attic. This particular story takes place in the attic. The building we are in is over 209 years old. Around 60 years ago, the attic was an old apartment building. Nobody has been up there since we bought it. We use it for storage.

About 4 years ago, my grandma's dad died. He was awesome, but I didn't know him very well. My grandma was bored one day, so she decided to go up in the attic and do some cleaning. It's really dirty up there. Wallpaper is falling off the walls, and that kind of stuff. It's really creepy in there and there's no light up there whatsoever.

Anyway, she was up there sweeping, and she saw a box of Lucky Strike cigarettes. She knew that her dad ALWAYS smoked Lucky Strike cigarettes, so she thought she'd better pick it up. She turned around to empty her dust pan into a bucket that she had, and when she went back to pick up the box, it was gone. She searched the whole attic to see if she somehow accidentally kicked them or something, but they were nowhere to be found. She thought it was her dad coming to wish my mom good luck with the flower shop!

She came downstairs in tears and all she could say was, "He's here!" We already knew what she was talking about. I'll never forget that. Was it really him?

I really enjoy feedback and I'm sorry if you're bawling your eyes out! I know its a sad story. Thanks a lot for reading! I will definitely be posting more stories soon! Keep an eye out for more!

Thanks!

Hmb2002

Other hauntings by hmb2002

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hmb2002, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tedbear (3 stories) (11 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
It is amazing how closely we work with spirit, and what is possible. When my father died my wife found her rosary in his top drawer curled around neatly with the cross sitting on top! My wife had lost it a year before and did not have it with her the last time we visited my dad, so how was it there? My father would never keep such a thing if he found it. More amazingly, I received a text after my dad passed saying 'talked to your mom last night'. My mom lived next door to him having divorced; but remaining friends he would check on her because of her illness. When dad phoned me he would always say 'talked to your mom yesterday' The text showed it was from my wife's phone but did not show on her call log and she did not send it to me. Tell your mom it could very well be her father, but I think she already knows that!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Hi hmb2002, it is not uncommon that the loved ones come back even after their passing on to greet, wish, say hello or good bye to their near and dear.

Nice experience of your mom and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
simon155 (18 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
More than possible. Just wish I'd got over the panic / shock reaction faster when it that scenario last happened to me. Wasted opportunity: (

I woke up to a white figure stood in the room watching my wife I think. Made me jump and I woke my wife. It turned, stepped forward and faded from sight before she saw it.

Found out the next day her uncle had died. It's the only time I've ever woken her like that, and neither of us knew of his ill health. I'd never met him I think.

Does seem one hell of a coincidence at best.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
hmb2002, That really is heart touching. My eyes began to tear up then the story was over! Yes, I believe he was there, just to do that. How sweet. I love this one its in my favs now 😊 ❤
Arwen1957 (7 stories) (47 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
What a sweet story My dear Grandpa also smoked Lucky Strikes. I believe that those we love and lose often leave us clear signs that all is well and that they are in a good place

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: