You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: It Did It By Itself

Real Ghost Stories

It Did It By Itself

 

Hey guys I have a short one for you. Well, the other day, my family was leaving the house for the day to go shopping. I was the last one out of the house, and I went to turn the TV off. Before my hand hit the button, the TV turned off by itself! I swear I did not have my hand on the button yet, there was nobody in the house, and we had lost the remote a few days before, so there was no way that the remote could have had anything to do with it. This really freaked me out!

Another thing that happened that same week is one day I was sitting on the couch watching TV when I saw a foldout chair that was in the room fall over all by itself. Nobody else was in the room so there was no way that anybody could have pushed down. I went over to pick it up. I sat back down on the couch, in about a half an hour after that it fell over again! I went to pick it up again and nothing happened after that.

This never happened to me again. There were no air vents anywhere near the chair and each time it fell, it fell a different way. The first time it just fell over top first, and the second time the legs of the chair slid out from under it. I told my little brother and he thought I was just making things that I swore I wasn't. Then he believed me.

Well I hope you like my story this time. Please leave me some comments and I will definitely answer them back!

Thanks a lot, Hmb 2002

PS I will be posting a lot more stories because I've had a lot of things happened to me so keep an eye open for them!

Other hauntings by hmb2002

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hmb2002, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hmb2002 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
I have asked everyone in the house if they have seen anything like what I did, and for both incidents everyone said yes! There was no way that the chair could have just tipped over by itself and there was no power outage because if there was the loving room light would have turned off, and it didn't. I believe I have multiple spirits in my house, good and bad. Keep leaving comments and I will get back to you as soon as I can
hmb2002 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Spiritwaiting: yes I feel like I'm being watched all the time. Thanks for the awesome compliment! ❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Hi hmb2002, I go with RedWolf on this, it could be poltergeist or the ghost is playing. But still, we should know if you have some problems with your Television, which might have caused the TV to switch off by itself. Again, did it happen again? Not to you but ask others in the house, if they had anything to do with the TV.

As far as the other incident is concerned, this also you please investigate. Try to discuss with others in the house. Find out if they have any such or other experiences like what you had. Try to maintain a journal. It will definitely help.

Keep us posted of the developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
simon155 (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
No idea what caused it.

I had an odd one on weds morning. Was laid in bed having woken up, and the bedroom light turned itself on.

Little odd. Turned it off. A short time later it turned itself on again. Not sure what might cause this. Perhaps a power surge or short somewhere or something.

Nothing else in the house affected. Some may treat this as supernatural or something. I think in cases like this you should consider the rational before assuming the far fetched;)
freakout (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Maybe there was a brown out or black out in your area that very same time that's why the TV turned off by itself...
liza02 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Usually when things like that happen, we're always first looking for a logical reason for what has happened. Then we wonder if we haven't imagined it and then we think that we might be going crazy! But things like that really do happen and I've often wondered if there's really always a reason. I mean, is the spirit (or whatever it may be) trying to tell us something? Or is it only playing games or trying to scare us.
DOS (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Creepy TV!

My dad had a TV that used to turn itself on in the mornings, and adjust the volume at random. It would even switch channels sometimes! We had no explanation as to why it did that, so we put it down to being a ghost. We said the TV itself was haunted, although I don't think objects themselves can be haunted, so I guess the ghost just liked the TV a lot.

😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
hmb2002

This may be startling but you either have a ghost that likes playing games, ask it to return your remote, or you have a poltergeist. We really need more information to determine which it is.

Regards
RedWolf
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
hmb2002, That is freaky. I think my heart would have started pounding, if I saw that not once but twice! In this home do you ever get any feelings of being watched? Or any other odd feelings? I can hardly wait for some more of your stories!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: