You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost House

 

My name is Naveen Pradeep and I would like to share my personal paranormal experience in the apartment where I stayed with my wife and 2 years old son (Sharjah, UAE). Friends, this is not just a story but a real experience.

It was in 2011 that we moved in to the apartment and on the very first day my wife woke up screaming from sleep at around 2.00 am saying she saw someone standing near the bedroom door. I just rubbished her, saying this might happen in any new place. After this incident one or two such incidents kept happening and whenever my wife said something about this, I used to either make fun of her or tried to convince her saying these are all mere misconceptions.

She often told me incidents like lights getting switched off (the switch itself), TV channels automatically getting changed, kind of. Though I believe in paranormal presence, I did not want show that, as she might get more panicked.

It was during that time my kid started walking and it was during the same period, where I myself got shiat scared and understood what really was going on in the house. Since he is our only son, he used to play alone with his toys but only then we slowly realized and noticed that he is not playing all alone. We could see him playing and showing his toys as if there was another person with him.

Also we noticed that our son often played at one particular place, where my wife claimed she saw someone standing on the very first day of us moving in to this apartment. I felt a shiver run down my spine. On the same day evening at around 5.00 pm, my son was there in the bathroom playing in the tub. We remember that the lights were kept on but after some time when my wife went to have a check, she was stunned to see the lights were off.

My son, who seemed like playing with someone until that time suddenly stopped and gave a wry smile looking at my wife. On hearing my wife's scream, I immediately rushed to the place and took my son out of the bathroom.

We immediately came out of the apartment and went to a nearby mosque to seek some help from the priest (Imam). He told us that there is a ghostly presence in the apartment and that we should not stay there any longer. He also said that sometimes the ghostly figure looks like me and sometimes like my wife and that's the reason my son was not scared at all. He said most of the incidents that we had actually experienced, though we didn't tell him anything in detail.

For the next 10 days we didn't get in to the apartment and managed to stay in one of my friends house and we finally vacated the flat three months before our tenancy contract got expired. Now we moved in to a new apartment and by God's grace didn't experience any such incidents, though the past spooky moments haunt us at times.

Other hauntings by naveennasa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, naveennasa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

strangelife (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-14)
Fariya...a wry smile would be a smile with somewhat sarcastic or cunning expressions... Not a genuine smile which would give you a good feeling
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-14)
What is a "wry smile" please explain, I didn't understand it. Thank you for your story, it was amazing:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
devibommisetty and naveennasa - due to privacy, we strongly discourage giving out the exact address of any experience on our site. And if an exact address is given, it will be deleted. I'm sure you, devibommisetty, would not want a stranger coming to your home just because they heard it was haunted.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Don't ask for specific locations. It's unsafe and disrespectfull to the privacy of anyone currently living there. The internet is full wackos.
devibommisetty (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Hello Naveen,
I, myself live in Al Nahda, Sharjah. Can you please tell me the name of the tower you were staying in and also the flat number please.
naveennasa (2 stories) (2 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-09)
qidz, the apartment is located in Al Nahda, Sharjah, UAE. I recently had a check and yes it's occupied.

Dos and Niks, by God's grace we are safe now.
qidz (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-02)
Hi Naveen, Can I know the location of the house if its occupied ir vacant...
DOS (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
Man, that is really scary! Something about toddlers being able to see spirits, and playing with them, it has always scared me. I'm glad you and your family were able to leave.
Niksterrific (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Great story! Thank You for sharing your experience. It sounds horrifying, and a little intriguing as well. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: