You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Mother, Her Siblings And The Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

My Mother, Her Siblings And The Shadow Man

 

These experiences are my mothers accounts from her childhood. They still have her asking questions.

During the year of 1973, my mother was around 7 years old. She lived with 3 other siblings and her father in a two story home. Times were hard then, after her mother left because of physical abuse by her father. He was strict, harsh and cruel, being that he worked hard and drank hard as well.

Often nights, after a hard days work, full of school work and daily chores, they were to get in bed and make no sounds. My mother shared a room with her older sister, and her two brothers shared a room across the hall. Her father's room was just at the end of the hall.

Every night my mother would lay awake, for fear of what she called "plastic people". She said every night they would surround her sister's bed, stand there and stare. Then if she moved even the slightest, they would make their way to her bed. She could feel them pulling on her blankets and scratching her mattress from underneath.

One night, in her brother's room, her oldest brother was awake and couldn't sleep. He heard footsteps coming toward his door. Fearing it would be his father, he lay stiff, all while staring at the door. The footsteps stopped in front of his door and the door opened. He was in shock because he saw nothing standing there in the opening. This is when things got real scary. He hears what sounds like loud like hard, loud footsteps, running across his bedroom floor straight towards his window and boom the window flies open! (These are the old windows that can be pushed open without a latch.)

He jumps out of bed, and runs out of the room to his sisters' room. He wakes both sisters up and tells them what happened. They slowly make their way back to the room. As they enter, they all see a shadow man, with a trench coat and hat standing in the middle of the room.

They all immediately run to get their father, and he's furious. He moans and complains all the way to the room. He turns on the light and finds nothing. That caused all of them to get a good beating.

Over the next several years many things would happen around the home causing severe beatings.

For example: The window unit would turn on by itself; the floor heater would as well; vacuum cleaner bag would explode by itself while in a closet; they would hear heavy footsteps while they were in bed.

They would see the same shadow figure walking around causing noise. My grandfather believed it was the children causing all of this, and they would always end up with bruises, etc from the beatings.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

grapelovers2014 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
thanks for all the stories. I can't believe any father would do that to his children 😲
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
Dontlookbehindyou, Well thank you for reading my experiences and for such sweet comments. Its greatly appreciated. My mom described these plastic people as "looking plastic" I have truly never heard anyone else describe somethimg like that before. Oh and don't worry I definitely don't think your a stalker lol just a fanof the paranormal, like many of us on here. 😊
[at] satanas666, It sounds as though you've had a very difficult life. I'm truly concerned for you, and thanks for the advice on reading the satanic bible, but I absolutely have no interest in the darker side of things. I'm perfectly happy with the loving light of everyday. And believing in the brighter side of things. I've had a rough life, but I don't dwell on it, I go to prayer and meditation. I hope you are doing well.
satanas666 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-04)
Hey, I could relate to this. Except the plastic people and footsteps. I mean the "shadow man".people all around the world have seen him, me being one of them. I stopped seeing all of this "shadow people" when I stopped having fear of them. Me being alive and them being dead. I knew they could not hurt me. So I didn't care when I saw them, I challenged them. Every time I encountered this beings I was home alone, I would say, touch me, hurt me and laughed because all they would do is stare. Long story short, only the weak are scared by shadows. But I chose a different path instead. I danced with the devil, I reached to the point of killing myself. I was dead, I had to be revived using the shock things. And then I was in a comma for 2 months. And now here I am, a satanist. Just thought I'd share that. Read the satanic bible. And you will see the light of day, and the truth of life.
DontLookBehindYou (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
Hi spiritwaiting,
This one was chilling!
And I am no expert on the paranormal but reading your stories and your comments as well (Dont worry, I'm no stalker) makes me feel soo well acquainted with it. And you've got a beautiful ability to narrate your experiences in a very realistic fashion. I can't wait to read more of your stories!

A huge fan,
DontLookBehindYou
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
bluemer04, thank you very much! I love telling everyone about them. 😊
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
I would love to wait for your future stories. I love reading your stories... Keep 'em coming...:)
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
BadJuuJuu, I agree with you on this. Thats exactly what I was thinking. And because of the negativity, it became stronger and was able to stick around. My mother has told me it started shortly after her mother left.
[at] Bluemer04, I agree as well. There are more experiences I will post, about my mothers experiences with an entity or spirit whom she calls "zeekfreak". Apparently its been following her since childhood.
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
I agree, its an awful experience. Being so young ang fragile means they are vulnerable. Since they said children can easily see entities that adults. Yes, maybe because of the negativity that is why there was this shadow and other things happening inside the house. 😨
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Omg what an awful experience for your mom and her siblings. I think that the amount of negativity in the home probably attracted negative spirits. I know, I know, obvious assumption. But still, like attracts like in the paranormal, and a situation like that is an all-you-can-eat buffet for certain types of entities. Sorry they went through all of that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: