You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa's Way Of Comfort

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa's Way Of Comfort

 

A few years after my grandfather passed, I was in mourning. He and I had a very special relationship. We were very much the father and daughter type.

His passing, as I've posted in another story "Grandpa Saying Goodbye" under Taurus83, was sudden. He died from bacteria throughout his body. Although I prayed for God to take him home, I still missed his advice, unconditional love, and most of all his bear hugs.

This particular night I was sitting in the living room listening to Delilah on the radio station, trying to write a poem in his memory but I just couldn't find the right words. The kids were asleep, no activity, I was alone relaxing. The reason I say no activity, is because at this time we were still living in the tiny haunted apartment.

All was quiet, and suddenly a song started playing, one I always associate memories about my grandfather, "In the Arms of an Angel". A sudden surge of warmth and tightness came over me. The feeling of a strong hug. I picked up my pen and paper (I never write with pencil. I feel what words I write in poetry are meant to be) and started writing sentence after sentence. Tears began to fall and were hitting the paper I was writing on. As I wiped them away, I noticed I had written four full pages. When the song came to an end, the radio turned off and I started to read the poem. I didn't remember writing these exact words, they were full of love, and understanding.

Before this happened, I would always ask him if he was proud of me, for the choices I've made in life, etc. The poem seemed to come from his point of view. It was amazing, and I still have the poem to this day, it brings me comfort.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
Spiritwaiting, lol, better late than never is my motto!

Thank you for your sweet words and the prayer ❤.

I would like that information, thank you. I have the fear that someday I shall 'loose' all my writing from my PC. If you don't want to put the site on here, you may mail me direct. (I'm sure you know where to look for that info. 😉)

Thank you for your response and offer, spirit, it is appreciated. 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-04)
Fergie, sorry I took so long to respond. I love your comments. Memoirs area. Great way of expressing anything. The arms of an angel, puts tears in my eyes as well. You and your angel will be in my prayers tonight. And there is a great app where you can put your memoirs into a book. I post my poetry on it, into a book. If you like I can give you the information.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
Spiritwaiting, what an amazing experience! 😁 I'm sure you got confirmation to your question - he is very proud of you!

"In the Arms of an Angel" has a very special meaning for me too. Our daughter Angel asked that it be played at her memorial service, and it was. So every time I hear that song, of course my eyes overflow.

How wonderful to be able to write poetry. I sometimes wish I could, but I am not the poetic type - too down to earth. Recently I have taken to writing down stories, well actually memoirs - trying to look at the funny side of life.

Thank you for sharing this poignant experience, it left a bitter-sweet taste.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-11)
Thanks everyone for reading and commenting. This one has been on my mind for a long time. When he did this for me, it came at a good time. Lots of love 😊 ❤
Jenny_Penny_Lol (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-11)
❤ ❤ That is such warm and touching story spirit love. I'm hoping to read more about your grandpa's presence. He reminds me of my uncle that died just recently. Loving and caring, even playful. ❤
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-06)
Spiritwaiting - another beautiful one! Now that's what we call "words of love" ❤
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-06)
Spirit, I love any of your stories about your grandfather. I've recently had a great grandmother visit and I unerstand a lot you write about much better since then. Thanks so much for another Grandpa encounter.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-05)
spiritwaiting: A very touching story indeed you must have had a very loving relationship with your Grandfather, I like the mention of automatic writing I also feel you do have a very empathetic personality, your grandfather was with you at the time and his feelings and thoughts were definitely picked up by yourself. Lovely story and I'm sure the poem brings you a lot of comfort, thanks for sharing with us. 😊

Dan
frangelica1 (40 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-05)
I agree with Lilady4 - it does seem like automatic writing occurred! It appears your beloved Grandfather was there giving you a lovely message. That was really a great story and I do believe your Grandfather came back to visit you via the writing!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-04)
Wow, what a beautiful story. So, sad, in a way. But, it sounds like Automatic writing. Sort of what I do sometimes.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: