You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Gloustershire Cathedral

Real Ghost Stories

Gloustershire Cathedral

 

We as a family decided, as many other families tend to do, to go on a family outing. Three generations decided on Gloustershire cathedral. Almost straight away wandering about the cloisters, three of us heard singing. Monk singing. At first we threw it off as practice but while in the cafe we were assured that no such practice was taking place that day.

We were joined later by our daughter and her baby son who was in a bit of a panic. She had seen blood. Again in the cloisters on one of the stone benches. So we went with her to put her mind at ease and see if anyone had had an accident. Well of course we arrived at the said bench, no blood. So we wandered up the cloisters again. Again we all heard the singing and then we saw the blood appear from on a stone bench, a pool as fresh as you like. What was bizarre was that it was dripping from an over head gargoyle. Scary stuff. Bewildered we carried on our visit with no acceptable conclusion.

Same day we visited Littledene hall in Gloustershire, well reputed for its ghosts, we were unprepared for what we were about to experience. First the babies all of a year old became very upset in the room that is said to be poltergeist. A light appeared from behind the wooden wall paneling that was very disturbing. The grandmother could not take the eerie air and went outside to the fishponds with the two small children.

The father and the daughter investigated the bedroom which I think was the red bedroom. Nothing untoward to start, until the father decided to poke his nose in a cupboard built into the wood wall paneling, after finding several books, footsteps could be heard behind both of them. And then a feeling of being on board a rocking boat. Both lost their balance and left the room sick.

A few weeks later the house changed hands. And the family could not go back and relive the experience. We as a family would be ever so grateful if anyone else had similar experiences in these two locations?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tanya Patrick, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Hi Tanya
I'm very sorry that I read this story after a very long time but I was busy. By the way, your story is so coool and those places so scary. Tell me one thing... Are you an Indian?
Because your name Tanya is commonly used in our country.It's wonderful.
-Siddharth ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am in the United States and find all the rich history in the UK absolutely fascinating. I love to hear these accounts. Someday hope to visit some of these places myself.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: