You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bizarre Drink Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Bizarre Drink Experience

 

I will have to start by saying that this is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me, or my girlfriend. I wouldn't say I'm a sceptic as such, but after watching Derek Acorah's joke TV shows, one tends not to believe the tripe churned out on the box. Anyhow, I digress.

The instance I am referring to happened on the 1st of December, 2013 at Dumbleton Hall, near Evesham. My fiancé and I were spending one night at the hotel, courtesy of an offer via Travelzoo. We arrived, checked in, unpacked and got ready for evening dinner, table being booked for 19:00.

Having finished our 3 course meal, we took our wine glasses from the restaurant and intended on sitting in the bar area. Unfortunately, the prime seats in front of the log-burner were taken, so we decided to sit in two arm-chairs in front of the open fire in the large reception area.

Both wine glasses were put on the small round table to the opposite of the fire and our chairs, some 8 inches approx from the edge of the table. We chatted, watched the logs burning and then the next thing I know, my fiancé jumps into a standing position with wine dripping from the right-hand-side of her dress, and the chair was soaked too. The glass in question was on its side on the table, having made no sound on 'hitting' the table. There was no wine on the table, nor on the carpet next to the chair my fiancé had been sat in.

At the time, neither of us were any closer than 2 foot from the glasses. The only thing I could liken this to, would be if someone had picked the glass up and thrown the contents at my fiancé and placed the glass on the table. Bizarre. As we discussed the strange event, I went for my glass. This had moved some 8 inches, and as we watched, it reached the edge of the table, and began to overhang it. I then picked it up and drank the contents. The table was totally dry, and the bottom of the glass too. I asked at reception if anyone had reported similar events, none had.

On our return home, my girlfriend found a Tripadvisor report from Nov 2012, citing similar glass-related strangeness. A great stay, made interesting...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, davemobes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LochKalten (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-21)
Hello Davemobes
Brilliant story. I would like to ask if Dumbleton Hall had a Dumble-door? Sorry for the Pun.
But seriously this is very interesting to the way the glasses were manipulated. I have experienced almost identical things in multiple locations when I used to host paranormal investigations. To me it could possibly have been residual energy playing out. (A woman scorned in life throwing a glass on the 'Other' Woman?) It may be one of the residual hauntings that require very specific circumstances to play out thus the lack of similar reports. If you find out any more information regarding the location I would be keen to hear about it.
Cheers Muchly
Loch
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
Here is the review "We believe the hotel is haunted as we had some strange experiences there that just couldn't be explained. Glass of vodka fell over on the table - we put it back and within 5 minutes it just fell over again. Once again we put it back and the 3rd time we all watched it slide across the table onto the floor. One of our party saw a cup and saucer slide across their dressing table in the morning and onto the floor! Spooky but also peaked our interest to go back."
Skeptic_not_Sceptic (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-27)
"I wouldn't say I'm a sceptic as such..."

See my username.

As for the glasses, was there a tablecloth on the table that might have been tugged or stepped on?
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-27)
I found the Trip Advisor review referred to, and it sounds exactly the same! Either the hotel has a lot of vibrations from somewhere (maybe a generator?) or something really odd is going on! Can't imagine how vibration would cause a glass to fall over on a level surface though!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-09)
davemobes,
I hope that your fiancee wasn't too upset by this ghostly encounter. Although I'm sure she would have been happier if it happenend to
you. 😆
Regards
Red
glesgaboy (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-09)
davemobes, cracking story!
If you've ever been to Glasgow you will notice alcohol disappear also at an alarming rate!
Just kidding!
Honestly though, that would seriously freak me out!
GB.
Ell_Annabelle (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-08)
Wow, that's really interesting. I love hearing/reading little stories like this, and when they are personal to you they stick with you forever.

Nice experience to add to your memories of the place.

Ell Annabelle xxxxx

(I re-posted as I put person instead of personal in my first post:P)
Ell_Annabelle (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-08)
Wow, that's really interesting. I love hearing/reading little stories like this, and when they are person to you they stick with you forever.

Nice experience to add to your memories of the place.

Ell Annabelle xxxxx
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-08)
I totally believe this is paranormal since I've seen a spilt glass caught and set down nicely upright. But, living in Tennessee and subject to mild earth tremmers, that will also happen when there's a slight tremmer. You don't even feel anything, just this vibration, and things will slide along like that. Just sayin'.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-07)
Was the table level? If it was uneven maybe the glasses could have slidden? The other glass related strangeness, did it occur in the same area? Very interesting. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: