You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man Who Was Not There

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Who Was Not There

 

I was at work at an RAF camp during the summer, my office door was left open to allow the air to circulate due to it being stuffy because it was a hot day. I glanced up just in time to see a very smart Naval officer pass my door and go towards the office across the corridor... It could only have been this office because after that there was a brick wall and a dead end. He gave me the most dazzling smile which made my heart quicken up. He was about 25yrs old and very handsome. I didn't see him leave, so after about 15 minutes I went in to the other office and asked the clerk working there who this man was. She said there had not been anyone but her in the office all morning!

I cannot explain this, he looked as solid as anyone else, no different from anyone else, yet the clerk said she had seen no-one enter or leave the office. I knew that the HQ building was supposed to be haunted, but not by a Naval officer, by an RAF officer, and I had not believed it until that day.

I do believe that there is something after death, but what I am not sure. I firmly believe that we all have a spirit and that if we deliberately set out to harm someone then we will harm our own spirit. I think that given the right circumstances things happen that cannot be explained, so many people have seen things that this cannot be dismissed as bunk. When there is tragedy people seem to be able to project themselves, this was demonstrated in WWII when mothers saw their sons and yet they were thousands of miles apart.

I wish I knew the answers.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Annie (202 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
A handsome spirit! How lucky for you, Marie. Great story. Thanks for sharing.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
what a wonderful story. I agree, there are times and circumstances that allow people to project them selves and for reasons we do not know.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: