You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Meow

Real Ghost Stories

The Meow

 

This happened when I was 9. My cat, Tinks had recently died of kidney failure. A few months before that, my yat died. I was heart broken to lose both animals. Tinks was about 2 years old. A few months after Tinks died, I experienced something that I will never be able explain. This is why I'm here...

When I went to bed, I made sure that I turned my lava light on. (I was afraid of the dark.) I went to sleep, and fell into a deep sleep at about 10:00. I woke up at 12:30ish and I was shivering uncontrollably. Why? Why was I scared? I thought it was silly, but I regret thinking that.

A few minutes later, I heard footsteps. I heard pitter patter, pitter patter. I froze, hardly daring to breathe. Then, I felt pressure on the right side of my bed. I knew it wasn't my brother, because I didn't hear the door open. I peeked out of my blanket, and the pressure suddenly went. As soon as it went, I sat straight up. A soft thump was heard like something had fallen. But it came from the right side of my bed. On the floor... After the thump came a load meow came from under the bed. I gasped. It was Tinks' meow! I know Tinks' meow anywhere! I suddenly looked under the bed. Nothing was there. I was still sweating. It came and went like that.

If anyone knows what this might be, please tell me in the comments. I'm thinking of staying up until 12:00 and chanting Tinks, Tinks, Tinks. Also, this pitter patting and weird noises has been continuing. I have never heard that meow ever again.

Because my bedroom was next to the bathroom, I keep hearing the toilet door creak, opening and shutting. I was also walking past the door to the bathroom. It was wide open. In the corner of my eyes, I swear I saw a white ghost. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pipkin209, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pipkin209 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-18)
I'm so sorry a yat was supposed to be Rat. Oops my bad. Lol! I'm really sorry for any inconvenience.
Pipkin209 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-18)
Thankyou so much for your help. I really appreciate it!
I'm over the moon that it's published.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one to trip over what a yat was... *giggles*

Pipkin, this site is full of stories about pets returning to their loved ones. I feel that this is what Tinks has done.
Hakoro (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-14)
At my house, we have "ghost cats". Two of them. One is black and one is white. We've seen both. I've seen both. I was asleep and I was really messed up mentally, I had a bad break down for a reason I wish not to say as to avoid persecution, and I felt two small, warm things crawl up to me. I heard a familiar meow, the one of our previously deceased cat Moemoe. His same scratchy, old, comforting meow. One of them nuzzles my stomach and it tickled so I giggled. The other one, the brighter one, nuzzled my legs and licked the backs of my knees. I'm guessing the bright one was Little Miss. She hardly ever spoke, but she was passionate. The other I believe was Moemoe, by mom's and my favorite cat. He was sweet and vocal. If you know the Kagerou Project, he was like Seto, Haruka, and Konoha mixed together. I believe these are similar.
vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-13)
❤ most likely because of your love for Tinks she came back to you to maybe help you deal with her loss. I can't say for sure but this is what I am feeling because animals have a deep bond to the humans that love them just as we humans have for them and because of your bond she came back to give you the one last hug and kiss as they say! Chanting her name may not help you but simply tell her when she climbs back in your bed to meow again for you because a cat's meow is different for each kitty as a voice is to us... ❤
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
Oh my goodness! We all wondered about the yat. I was thinking something something exotic also.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
lady-glow - unfortunately the reality is merely human error (aka dumb blonde moment) and rather disappointing LOL. Although I have nothing against rats... Of the tame variety that is 😉
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
Miracles: LOL, I was thinking it could be an exotic and quasi extinct Australian marsupial! 😆 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
lady-glow - I think I can clear that up 😆 A "yat" is a term used when the mod (in this case me) makes a mistake when changing an upper case "R" to a lower case "r" and somehow ends up with a "y"? WTH?! Not even on the same hand when typing and I've been typing for over 30 years LOL

OMG, talk about proofing a story 😳. I was so tired last night, I really shouldn't have done any stories. I guess my fingers were dyslexic LOL.

In all seriousness, though, this is what the sentence should have said, "A few months before that, my rat died."

My sincere apologies Pipkin209 and everyone else 😊
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
Lady-Glow: I think it's a Irish name *I am not sure*

I love ghost stories about cats.

Other way of Yat as chinse or boat. I know I just check on Explore on here.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-11)
If your cat died when you were 9 yo and now you are a young adult, does it mean that this "pitter patter" sound has been going on for several years and you have heard Tinks' meow only once? 😕
Has any other member of your family heard the noises?

My guess is that Tinks came to visit letting you know that he is OK, and you do not need to chant in order to attract him again, he will come on his own terms... Like cats always do.

What is a yat? 😐 I Googled it but couldn't find any animal under this name.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-11)
We love ghost cat stories on this site. I don't know if you need the chanting, you know how cats are. They always show up. I think you're really lucky to have such a loving cat. Thanks for the story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: