You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sounds in the Attic

Real Ghost Stories

Sounds in the Attic

 

A few years ago a friend of mine rented an apartment in an old house. A year after he moved in, he started to hear footsteps from the attic above. He told us about it, and we just laughed an told him he was paranoid and that he just hallucinated it. So one friday night while we were watching movies over at his place we heard the noises too. It was definitely footstep we heard, like someone was walking slowly back and forth. We could even hear the "footsteps" moving around the attic. So we paused the movie and listened closely. The noises stopped, and we saw the rest of the movie.

Afterwards we sat and discussed what the noises could have been, and just as we were talking about it the "footsteps" reappeared. We freaked out, but decided the we should check it out. Armed with frying pans and knives from the kitchen walked towards the attic. The stairs up to the attic was in the hallway, because all of the tenants in the building had access to it. The door to the stairs had a heavy padlock plus a regular lock in the door. We unlocked the door and sneaked upstairs. We turned on the light and there was no one there. The attic was empty except for an old sofa and some mattresses, so there was really no place to hide. Scared as hell we turned off the light and locked the place.

On later occasions we heard the noises, but we never really did anything about it, we just accepted it for what it was and though it was cool to have our own "ghost pal".

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Silmarwen (6 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Maybe it was just a cat, I often heard footsteps from the attic of my previous apartment as well and I went to check several times and I saw the footprints of cats in the dust. It could also be pigeons or mice/rats, they do no harm.
ghostsarereal2 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
That's kind of creepy. Although at least whatever it is, is staying in the attic and not actually in the apartment. But anyway I think that you should find out the history of the house.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
I can honestly picture a group of young people armed with frying pans and small kitchen appliances to ward off a ghost. I wonder if it was one of those attics that have very small rooms off to the side that blend in with the rest of the structure. Very interesting, thank you for this story.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
look at the history that what I would do. I enjoyed reading your story thanks for sharing it with us.
Jeli (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
Your house could have been a safe house for jews during ww2
alot of jews escaped and hid in norway
meowmix (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-02-22)
ditto but get silk. it supposed to get rid of ghosts! ok alright . idon't know why though
pinkrazrlove13 (guest)
+2
18 years ago (2006-10-20)
umm nice story. i think you should investigate about the history of your home.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: