You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Think Things Are Getting Worse

Real Ghost Stories

I Think Things Are Getting Worse

 

If you have seen my other stories then you know some of what goes on in my house. The house was built about 150 years ago, and is an old family home. Usually nothing really goes on, every now and then you will hear something abnormal, but it's so irregular that we don't really pay attention to it. But it seems to be getting worse.

About a week ago, me and my parents were sitting and watching a movie in the living room. From where I was sitting (on the couch that was in the middle of the room) there is a closed door that leads to the hallway which leads to the stairs. In the hallway is sort of our storage area/once a upon a time library. It's pretty full of stuff, like almost to the ceiling of old boxes and books.

Anyway, we were watching some movie when I heard things falling over, or moving, in the hallway. I told my parents but they didn't hear anything, so I shrugged and ignored it. I went to bed after the movie, and my parents stayed downstairs. I had turned on my TV (I can only sleep with it on) and my lights were out and I was waiting for sleep to come when I heard the movement again. This time, being in my room, I was right over top of the hallway and also from my room, I can usually hear if someone is coming upstairs. So I was hoping it was only my mom or dad, who had stopped to look at something in the hallway and was now coming upstairs. I was even more convinced it was them when I heard a few footsteps walking down the hall. But then they stopped, and I heard nothing on the stairs, and everything was quite again. The next morning I asked them if either of them had come into the hallway just after I had gone to bed, but they said no and I left it like that.

Last Saturday my cat Puddin' Head (yes I know it's a weird name, but she's also kind of dumb so it fits) got into the house, and was even able to go upstairs (all of our cats are outdoor cats, and we usually don't let them in unless we just don't care, which Saturday was one of those days). I knew that she was going to be in my room when I went up there in a few hours to go to bed, so I just figured she can stay the night. So when I went upstairs, I was surprised to see her sitting outside of my open bedroom door. The last time she was upstairs when I was going to be bed, she was on my bed and I almost sat on her. But this time she was in the upstairs hallways where the light was on, facing away from my dark bedroom. At first I didn't really care, I mean, cats are weird anyway, so I brought her into my room, and I thought she wasn't feeling that great since she wasn't all in my face the whole time and purring her little heart out. After a bit I figured she just needed to go outside. So I picked her up, and went back down the hallway, and she started to growl. I didn't see anything that she should growl at and I wasn't hurting her. In fact, I've never heard her growl until then. Needless to say, I ran into the living room, and made my dad go back into the hallway with me so I could go back to bed.

Yesterday my mother and I where watching the last episode of a TV show we were watching. At one point we pause the show to talk about something that had just happened when we both heard a weird scream/wail outside the window. I asked my mom if she heard that and she said she did, but it could have been anything. I agreed, but the window that we heard the sound from was right beside the door to the hallway, so it could have come from there instead.

I keep joking with my mom that maybe the ghosts aren't happy with us for some reason. I have even thought about something that could have changed recently, but I can't figure anything out. Another cat of mine got trapped under the house, twice, in a 12 hour period, for no reason. The crawl space was closed both times. But my dad thinks she fell through some loose boards on one of the side porches, but she was fine both time, wouldn't she have scratches from the wood if that was the case. Plus nothing like that has ever happened with any other cats we've had. It's been very strange around here lately. I'll try to put more info if something else happens.

GIRLIE

Other hauntings by girlie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, girlie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
Animals are really good at detecting whether someone is trustworthy or not. Obviously I wouldn't trust the judgment of a very skittish cat. But a rather neutral cat having a negative reaction toward an individual usually means that individual is not one to be trusted. My mother always said you can tell if a guy is someone you should date based upon how animals act around him. If they hate his guts, then he's probably abusive. If they absolutely adore him, he's probably loving. I bet that also fits when it comes to ghosts and other hauntings. If your cats don't trust it, you shouldn't either. Please take care!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
triskaideka: we do have a stray cat in our barn, but he never leaves there, unless you come in the middle of the day, then he runs in the opposite direction from our house. I never heard him wail or any of our cats wail either, so I don't think it is that. But I don't know if it is completely evil. No one mean has ever lived in the house, well maybe my brother (lol just kidding).
GIRLIE
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-18)
After looking over your other stories, I remember reading a couple in the past. This is not a positive presence in your home. Tell it to LEAVE.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-18)
Ok, hold it, whoa. It sounds to me like your cat doesn't like the ghost, and quite potentially a ghost doesn't like another one of your cats. That does not indicate to me that this is a friendly presence in the slightest. Now a wail outside the window could also be a cat. And the growl from your cat may have been in response to a scent leaking in from outside. Have you noticed any other strange cats roaming your area? There may not be a ghost at all. But if there is, I don't trust it.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
Well its has pretty much stopped now. I have tried to get up the courage to talk to them, but I can't ever do it. It's sort of like the mental thing where if you say something then it seems more real. I do the same thing if I am feeling ill, until (you know it's too late XD) but yeah, my dad can be pretty mean about it to me. I know it he is just playing, but it always is like, "say hi to them" when it is the last thing I want to do. I can be a scaredy cat when it comes to ghost in my house. But thank you all for your comments, I didn't think about my spirit guide. I haven't met mine yet, but I have tried. I'll try again though, so thanks Tresna:)
GIRLIE
shibangi143 (1 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
dis is interesting... I have never heard such a weird and strange story of urs
HeidiBoo7562 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-14)
OMG! I love the name of the cat 😆 it's a amazing name! Just do not speak to the spirits because that gets the angry just warn them not to mess with you your family or the cats ❤ xxx
Tresna (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-13)
This is interesting!:)
I haven't read your other stories, but from what you wrote here, it doesn't sound all that threatening, so I wouldn't be too worried. It does sound like they want your attention, though.

If you're looking for advice, I would try acknowledging that you know they're there. If you feel that they are unhappy about something going on in the house, you might try saying you'll do your best to correct whatever is wrong- after you say this, your attention should be drawn to some issue in the house.

Or, if you are too scared of them to do any good, tell them that you are not prepared to communicate with them at this time, and that you don't want to hear from them.

Oh, hey, you know what? It could also very well be a spirit guide! When my guide first tried to contact me I got pretty freaked out- I kept seeing all these odd lights and hearing strange sounds... But then later I started talking to him on the ouija board and now we're pretty close. He's helped me through a lot of difficult stuff. If you do choose to communicate with any spirits, it'd really be in your best interest to choose your guide first (in my personal opinion) Cause they're on your side and they're there to help you:)

But do whatever you want, really. Whatever makes you most comfortable is probably the right thing:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: