You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mystery Hints

Real Ghost Stories

Mystery Hints

 

I don't see ghosts, and I haven't been followed my whole life by one. But ever since I moved in with my dad and his wife things have gotten pretty weird.

I moved from Florida to South Carolina about 3 years ago when I was a junior in high school. I remember one evening walking home from the school bus, I came home like any other normal day and went straight to my room and started petting my cat. No one ever got home until 2 hours after I did so, minding my own business pettin my cat, I hear a man's voice completing a sentence. Random I know! As soon as I heard it I turned my head, and my cat did the same. So I figured it was my dad or uncle came home. Odd because my dad was out of state and my uncle is usually at his business around that time.

Thinking nothing of it I walked in the living room, calling out for my dad and uncle, looked out the windows as well to see if their vehicles were in the driveway. No one was to be found, so I figured ok the TV was on in my dad's room. I checked his room, no TV was on. Swearing I heard this, even my cat heard it, so I knew I wasn't going crazy.

I live on a lake so it can seem very creepy at times, especially at night. I know I'm being watched, I can feel it and not by something living.

Even earlier today I heard dishes moving around in the kitchen. Remembering no one was home, I went in the kitchen and was very freaked out! The bowl on the counter had fallen off another plate. You're probably thinking, "Okay, your point?" When I heard the noise in my room, it was like the dishes were being moved around, not like something just got off balanced and fell.

I have a friend that died down my street last year. We weren't close and I'm not trying to sound like the person who acts like they were close to someone just because they died. But out of respect, I attended his funeral. He wasn't the coolest kid in school but he was the nicest, always trying to fit in. He played football and I had a class with him and another football player. Not one of the football players, including the coach, attended his funeral. This was just months after he graduated. It's like, because he wasn't popular he got no respect. In a way I can relate. I don't feel like I treated him as great as I should have so I do carry guilt. I wasn't the nicest in high school but I was never in full understanding of who I was.

I feel like sometimes he is around. It's hard not to think about him when I have to drive on the road that he got killed on every single day. I used to wonder if maybe it's him around. But then again I don't think I'm someone he would care about visiting as weird as that sounds. I can't explain what I feel in this house but I know it's definitely a ghost or spirit. Not a bad one, maybe just a lost one.

I have very strong faith in God, so I know I'm okay. I just want to know what it is this is that's following me. It doesn't scare me, it just makes me more curious. Every person I feel I can talk to about this with, thinks I'm crazy or being over dramatic, so I am very thankful for this website!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mellsanford, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mellsanford (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-29)
Thank you everyone for all of the advice. Now that I've moved I haven't noticed anything, even though I just moved down the street. I never brought it to anyone's attention of everything that had been going on so I decided to just handle it in my own way. I have yet to visit my friends grave but still think about doing it everyday. I keep in touch with his brother because he's going through a lot. I appreciate everyone's help!
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
I do apologise I have just posted my message for the wrong story 😭
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
Hi, I think because you have experienced so many things and at one point you were in denial, I would suggest you get some help to try and control your gift. You seem to have a gift, don't forget the spirits could be there because of the memories in your home. Your spirits sound friendly, you do not have to communicate with them if you do not wish to. I hope there is somewhere in your area that you can get real face to face assistance with this. It must be frightening for you, be strong, you can ask spirits to leave you alone if you are worried. Let us know if you have help from someone, I wouldn't leave this unchallenged, getting help will help you understand what is going on and hopefully control it. All the best
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
[at] Redwolf, sorry for Whitewolfs grief with the loss of his friend. I truly hope he is ok, and making it through. As a mother the pain our children feel, we feel ten times worse. So I'm sorry for your pain as well. I hope both of you as well as the family of the child are able to smile, and feel happiness in the darkness. You all will be in my prayers.

Sincerely Spiritwaiting ❤
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-18)
I agree with the others here. You did something kind. Also, it's possible the funeral was too painful for some of the others to attend. My uncle couldn't bring himself to attend my granny's funeral last year, as he and my aunt lost a very dear friend of theirs just a few months prior, in their very own home. 😢

And RedWolf, I send virtual hugs WhiteWolf, even if I know neither of you. I lost a wonderful friend of mine when I was 17. Also murdered by a mutual "friend". A decade later and I still tear up when I think about it. Half with sadness, and half with anger. So lots and lots of hugs.
vitavitong (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
[at] nectarvore, the water is a liquid that will fit in every place. It even called a neutral things in the universe.
It could be a gate to another dimension, it could be a place to gather an energy (if you a water person), it could absorb any energy, bad or good one.
That's why water could deliver a pray, it feels like a "bridge", even both of you so far away, when you both drink a water (at the same time!) without stop before you finish your pray, (not too much water, at least the water "flow" in your mouth to your throat to your stomach when you pray).
The stomach is the center of your energy. Concentration to above the navel (diafragma) for a girl, and below the navel for a boy.
If you in a dangerous place, you could use water as your shield. The water could "contain" the prayer, good, or bad one. Hold the water (its okay in the bottle or glass) and after you pray (a good one) to the water, it would absorb the positive pray, and after that, just drink a little amount of the water (not just a sip... Maybe a gulp), and start splatter it near you with your hand, or maybe just pour it and make a circle with you in the center of the circle.
Just watch out! If you really want it to be a strong shield pray with full of your heart, not just remembering the words. Pray is not a charm or a spell...

And to mellsanford, its okay if you live near a lake... It so cool... Maybe you could meet some cute fairy there...:3
Yeah I'm not denying fact that could be a bad creature there, but some witch is friendly... 😉
I assume that "person" who moving the things is the old occupant who ever live in your place... The "person" just gathering his memory... If the "person" is not harm or hurt you, its still has a 8 rating of 10... 😆
Don't forget to pray... 😊
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
Spirit activity happens a lot around water. I'm not sure why.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
I agree with Red Wolf, its good that you went to his funeral. Highschool is the most fear based place that most peiple ever experience, so be kind tp yiourself. Perhaps write a letter to the guy who passed over. Burn it with sime amber or white sage and send him your intention. Ask that he be guided and protected on his journey. After thar, give yourself permission to put it behind you. They really do feel our care from the other side. Sometimes I reckon loves the only thing that they get to take with. Maybe your haunting has nothing to do with him, but it could bring you some closure.
Querent (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
Another possibility could be evanescent imprints from before, I see it as harmless but I can understand the annoyance.
lilbit072501 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
this was a very good story... I like how you made sure you told us that you where sure no one was home at the time...
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
mellsanford,
I am reading this at the wrong time. You see my son WhiteWolf is just getting over the shock of his life. When he was in High School he had some friends that were a year behind him. Last year one of his friends was murdered. He took this very hard and I couldn't even get him to go to the funeral. He thought it was very odd that he could not get in touch with a mutual friend. He tried to get in touch for a few months but it was as if his friend fell off the radar. My son is studying Criminal Justice in College so between work and school he didn't really have time to worry about it. It turns out that this friend was avoiding him because he confessed to the police that he killed their mutual friend just a few weeks ago. The weird part of all of this is when my son found out his friend was murdered I told my son he knew the murdererand even named the other friend. He had to have an accomplice and I'm positive I know who it is. He was once a suspect but had an 'alibi' that he was at a party.
mellsanford don't live your life with guilt that you weren't a better friend. Just feel good that you had the respect that you went to his funeral. Maybe he is the spirit that is around you. After all he did live down the block from you. Maybe he needs your help crossing over. He might want you to visit his parents. When you feel him around you ask him questions and look for clues for his answer. People who die suddenly or violently usually have unfinished business. Even if all it is is to tell their family they love them one last time.
Regards
RedWolf
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
Nicely put Spiritwaiting, I thought that as well. You burn some sage and invite whoever it is to continue on to the light. You seem a lot nicer than you think you are. You have a conscience. Keep a good relationship with your conscience and the rest will be fine.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
mellsanford, As far as the activity in the home it could be residual. Maybe even an old tenant or owner still going about business. Now, when you feel as though there is a presense around you, it could very well be a passed loved one just watching over you. Or it could be your friend whom passed just coming by to say Thank you, for being at the funeral and paying your respects. Also trying to tell you hes ok now and don't hold onto the guilt. I hope this helps you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: