You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Down Under

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Down Under

 

This happened at my partner's house on the 8/12/2013. I went to bed just after 12:30 am and I'm not sure what time it was when I woke up. But I just remember it being freezing cold on my legs, like the worst I have ever experienced coldness. I couldn't sit up but I could move my arms and I was reaching for the blankets and it was pitch black.

My body was sort of twisted. I was lying on my back and the position of my torso and head was almost as if I was being dragged off the bed and my legs were in a sitting up kind of position with my legs DANGLING off the side of the bed.

When I realised my legs weren't on the bed, I started to think where the hell am I and started to become more stressed out. I felt around for the blankets and they were folded over from my pelvis down, but my torso was covered up to my head and my arms were out of the blankets.

I'm not entirely sure if this happened a second time or if it was still happening, but I just remember my legs hanging off the bed a short while later and me in the same position but my head was off the pillow again and I was reaching for my partner and I managed to stay on the bed for the rest of the night, I think. I hope.

So 2 days later, now at my house in my bed. It's now 10/12/2013. I went to bed at 1 am and I did not sleep all night. I kept dreaming of these 3 people in black cloaks with the hood on, holding some kind of brown sign from a far distance. I couldn't see their faces.

Only a short while later when I woke up from that dream. I went back to sleep and the next dream, which seemed so real, was a man standing next to my bed and all I could see was a close up shot of his face. I couldn't see his eyes but I could see he was wearing a black cloak and he had extremely yellow human teeth. They were sort of longish and it was early morning, with light in my room. When I woke up it was 3:45 am.

I had a sleepless night, they are the only 2 dreams I remember last night and on the 8th I dreamt nothing bad.

Has anyone else had this experience, like had sleep paralysis and then afterwards be bombarded with scary nightmares of things in black cloaks?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, home_skillet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LochKalten (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-21)
Hello Home Skillet
Good story, I just have a couple of statements/questions (All respectfully and not to offend). As Lady-Glow asked with the scary movies, I want to say it does not take a scary movie for your mind to make it scary, "I couldn't see his eyes but I could see he was wearing a black cloak and he had extremely yellow human teeth" This to me sounds a lot like 'The Mouth of Sauron' from Lord Of the Rings. Have you watched the extended versions recently? I ask this respectfully as I have had intense nightmares about simple things such as The Wolverine chasing me through a forest and Flubber bouncing around destroying everything in my house scattering glass everywhere (I am not even joking). I do not scare easily at all but these dreams terrified me (even though it sounds silly). The other question is have you had a history of sleep walking? Strange things happen. Once my cousin (At the time age 10) Unlocked his house picked up some spare change walked down the street and tried to buy a bottle of coke from a 24/7 Convenience store. Asleep the entire time and has never sleep walked before or ever again. Not try to discredit your account, just to inquire. I did enjoy this though. Please keep us posted.
Cheers

Loch
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
Well then we need more details! We can't help you if we don't have the facts. 😊
home_skillet (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
Oops, I stuffed that up a little bit...sorry.

I was sleeping on and off and during that I had those weird dreams, that I've noticed most people have when they have sleep paralysis.

To be completely honest, I haven't seen any scary movies lately or really watched tv during the time it happened.
[at] lady-glow ^^^ I do however value your feedback:)

[at] Triskaideka
I don't wear pants to bed, this hasn't happened before ever in my entire life, not being able to move my upper torso but only my arms to feel for where I am...

I wish I could explain more.
The only reason I could say it could be something negative is from what has happened to me a few times in my life but i'll save that for another time.

Thank you for your feedback! ❤
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
To be honest, I frequently wake up with my entire lower body uncovered and the blankets covering my head. It's because in the middle of the night my legs tend to get overheated. I have tendency of uncovering myself in my sleep. Do you go to bed wearing pants? I decided to stop wearing pants to bed and that made all the difference. I've had my legs go numb from sleeping in strange positions as well. I honestly think the bad dreams coincided with this event because you thought of bad things when you had no explanation for why you woke up in this position. I agree with Lady Glow. Sleep deprivation can indeed cause hallucinations. I'm sorry you had nightmares and creepy images in your head. Please let us know if this happens again!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
home skillet: In my opinion the cold sensation you felt on your legs while at your partner's house could be due to poor blood circulation, you do not know for how long you held this yoga-like position with your legs hanging off the bed. 😐

I got a little confused on this part of your story:
"I went to bed at 1 am and I did not sleep all night. I kept dreaming of these 3 people in black cloaks with the hood on..."
Do you mean you kept dozing in and off of sleep or you didn't sleep at all during the night? In any case sleep deprivation would result on weird dreams.
Lastly, do you remember if you read or watched any spooky material or had talks about ghosts or gory stuff? Nowadays even watching the news can be disturbing.

It is normal to have hallucinations during SP, not necessarily of things in black cloaks, but of some other scary nature. 😲

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: