You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Night Before my Exam

Real Ghost Stories

The Night Before my Exam

 

I am a resident of a city called Kolkata in the state of West Bengal in India. This is the strangest fact I have ever come across about my house. A fairly new house built on a marshland, this house was about 7 years old. My dad and myself literally stood and watched the house being built. There were no strange things going on. I had spent numerous nights alone in that house watching TV or sometimes even drinking beer. I am a pretty normal guy with pretty normal habits.

The night I am speaking about is 8th June, 2004 - the night before my Programming Language (Visual C++) paper for my 2nd semester in college. I have always studied in a group after joining college and since my house was the largest, my friends used to come, stay and study at my house. That night there were 5 of us -- Saurav, Arnab Das, Arijit, Joydeep and myself. Starting at 12 am, we continued well until 2:30 am.

It was then when everything started going wrong. We heard a dog suddenly howl. It, being summer here at that time, was not normal for the dog to howl because of cold or hunger because it gets plenty around our areas. The eeriest thing about this howl was it started from one end of the street and went on to the other, and, let me remind you, this howl came from only one dog. We went outside to check and felt a cold wind blow just around us. Somehow, I was convinced that beyond us, the weather was fairly warm, only the immediate surrounding was unusually cold. We went inside and start studying again, the doors and windows kept open.

Suddenly, Arnab Das, in the middle of studying, looked up outside the window right behind me and kept staring outside blankly. It was as if someone was standing there and scaring the shiat out of Arnab (excuse my language). His eyes were turning pale and we could feel that something was going wrong. I repeatedly talked to him wanting to know what happened and all he did was stare.

A few seconds later he fell down as if someone pushed him and closed his eyes. When he opened them again, believe me, I would have been scared to death seeing those eyes. They did not have eyeballs, they were pale yellow with red nerves all over the pupil. His body was cold and he was shivering. We did not understand what to do and tried calling my mom and dad, but it was as if someone had cut us out from the entire world. We were screaming but in vain.

I was seated next to Arnab with my back to an iron almirah. Usually hot air comes out when you breathe, however, when arnab let out a nasty, long breath, it passed my left hand and my hand was freezing. When I looked to my right, between where I had hung 3 of my suits, I could see a figure of a middle aged lady with long hair. It was so pale that I could not make her face out. She circled around all of us but neither did she harm us nor did she communicate with us. Also, a very strange fact is, there was a mosquito coil which was burning, it went out as if someone threw water on it. None of us moved as you can understand, so it was strange.

Now, after some time, I do not know how much, this lady seemed to fade out of my room, out the window beside my bed. To my astonishment, now it seemed that something or being was encircling our entire house and that cold air was out of our room but we could feel that the air was surrounding our house. I tried to fight the feeling as we had to study for our exam. Pretending to be brave enough to get up, I did so and went to my computer.

A computer cannot go to the BIOS screen unless you press a button. My computer started up and went straight to the BIOS, showed me a demon as a background, the monitor flickered twice and it shut itself off. I am a tech myself so I knew this was not normal failures, tried the same thrice with the same result. The fourth time, it came back on normally with my normal desktop background. Well, we were terrified throughout the night and I personally shut all the doors and windows although all of us were certain that the thing was right there outside, maybe, waiting for us to open the windows again.

Gradually time passed on and it was 5:30 was the first ray of sunlight shone up in my room through the window. This gave us another strange shock. Remember I told you that the mosquito coil went out. The moment the sun rays reached the coil, it started burning again.

We have shifted from that house now and until date I have not come across anything strange or supernatural... Trust me guys... I was scared to almost death... I did not get an explanation of what happened neither did my friends... Can you tell me what went wrong?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jason143, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rocker303 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-18)
Oh shiatt! I mean its scary like hell! It was an unexpected encounter means suddenly you saw old leady! But after that whhat about arnab? How was he aftr that incident?
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
HI, very scary story... Thank god you changed your place. If I was at your and watched something like that probably I must have died. 😨
kushalkoparde (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
Hi Jason.

As per my experience, you made a mistake by keeping the door open in the middle of night, its like an invitation to paranormal entity.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Dear Jason,
Where in kolkata exactly is this house?

Thanks
Regards
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
Hi Jason, Thanks for this wonderful story & like to inform may be that lady is a wandering soul & may be she have some past history at that house which you use to live but thanks you shifted.

I like to know? Would you like to visit there one again but don't go alone & also get inquiry about that house from local peoples there.
God Bless you all
Unscaryever012 (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Hello everyone...
Well you should be knowing that if ever you face a situation like this then you should pray or take the god's name (if anyone you believe or worship the most) so as to get the blessings and for the safety... You shouldn't get to the close of the things like pc that may give electric shock in such a situation... So be aware and thank god.
God bless and thanks
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-13)
Blackmagic definately or maybe as you know CHUDAIL you should have not went out to see that from where that voice was coming its a trapmy dear friend do mind it never answer for your name calling from back just pray and move straight and say loudly COME AND SPEAK IN FRONT OF ME... Thats it... If it stops then it is bad thing if not then also don't bother just move... Its scary happened to one of my friend... Will tell you soon...

God bless you ❤.
Lex (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I have to agree with there was something wrong with the land... Pity the practice of house spirits has gone out of fashion, but considering you have to do the whole sacrifice of an animal I'm not surprised
thesacredmonk (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Hi,

I read your article, it was
Indeed deadly. It shall be nice to share some experiences. Lets stay in touch. You shall mail me on doshimaulik [at] gmail.com
BeLiVe3368 (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Well, I could give a possible explanation of what happened to you guys that night. There might have been a body or something cruel on that property. The construction might have disturbed it and it must have waited for the right moment to strike on its victims. (or it could have been a demon. Which would explain the devil picture on your p.c.) And about your friend who had his eyes change colors, it may have been because the spirit/demon might have tried to take over him. That could be the explanation of it, if not then, I don't know.
Zagrebacki_Lovac (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
I can't explain what hapened to you but I'm glad you moved on best of luck to you and your friends!😕
Jason143 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
It could be a dream for one, but do you consider it to be a dream for 5 college going guys? Well... It was definitely not a dream...!
Kim, thanks for your comment... I live pretty far away now... There have been strange happenings previously as well... But I will post them at a later time!
Good Luck Be with all!
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
Are you sure that this actully saw this, or was it just that you had exam dreams, as in it's the day before an exam and your under stress?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
i bet you are still haunted! How terrifying!
how is your friend? The one that passed out or fell down? Do you live any where near where this happened? Do any others reports strange happenings in that area?

God Bless!
Jason143 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
Thanks Shane for your comment... I am still haunted with those memories until date. Even when I am out of the state...! Hell... Its scary!
Good luck be with all.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-12)
I wish I could explain what happened to you Jason, but unfortunately I was not there to witness it. Glad you were able to move from the home and get away from any further possible trouble.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: