You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Or Something Visiting Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or Something Visiting Me?

 

Hey guys,

This is my first post and I am wondering if any of you will be able to help me understand what happened last night. It was a really stressful experience once I realized what had happened.

I awoke last night (not sure what time and I'm definitely sure I was awake) and felt really heavy on my chest and frozen. I tried to get out of bed but I just couldn't move. I was stuck and I tried to say something but I just couldn't. It was as if... I actually have no idea! All I did was think, "Okay, let this pass... Give it a second" and I called out to God and mentally said, "Jesus, just help me please!" I don't know how much seconds had passed from this point onwards but...I'm guessing 5...and everything was gone.

I felt light again and it was extra quiet (like I didn't notice the quiet of the night until after it was all over with). I had a sense of being cleared. I'm a grown woman but last night I slept with my mother.

I'm sorry this is such an awful explanation but it was a really frightening experience. This is the first time I've ever experienced something like this. I feel very drained this morning (maybe from lack of sleep last night after the incident) but I would really appreciate some insight on what might have happened last night.

I've had experiences with spirits previously. I have never been able to see them but I definitely can feel them and sense them. The house that I currently live in has given me no problems and I never experienced anything paranormal. But last night was different. It may not have been anything paranormal... Maybe sleep paralysis? But it would be wonderful if any of you guys can please give me your opinions, advice or thoughts regarding this.

Thank you in advance and thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TNZ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-29)
This is definitely sleep paralysis coupled with a bad dream. You can see the room with peripheral vision but cannot speak or move. This has happened to me several times. It is a scary experience. The way I get out of it is to calm myself and say a prayer, usually the "Our Father". This always works for me now that I know what to do. There seems to be someone in the room or a dark figure that you can sense, especially when it seems they are sitting on the bed. I wrote about my experience with this on this forum.
nikitaa (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-21)
Hi love, did you have a buzzing sound you could hear surrounding you? Sleep paralysis is such an unsolved mystery, I have been suffering it for almost 20 years... Try read up here, this website is pretty okay:) Hope everything is going okay for you! Http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/sleep-paralysis
Nathaniel (37 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
TNZ, it sounds like Sleep Paralysis to me as well. If it happens again, just tell yourself its just SP and anything I see or hear is just a hallucination. I usually have an SP episode whenever I don't get enough sleep or am stressed out over something. Its a little scary, but I've learned to either fight myself awake, or calm myself down by telling myself it's just SP, and then going back to sleep.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
TNZ, welcome my Kiwi mate 😁. This sounds like a sleep paralysis event. It could be stress related, and at least you didn't have a hallucination or a vistation. Maybe, you could try a protection spell/prayer.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
Tnz, I agree with Lady-glow. This sounds like sleep paralysis. Are you currently having any sudden stress' in your life? It could have possibly been the cause of this, or maybe a bad dream you had and you woke up suddenly, but your body wasn't quite up to speed with the rest. It doesn't seem paranormal, and as Lady-glow said, at least you didn't have any hallucinations with it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
TNZ: welcome to YGS. 😊
This definitely sounds like sleep paralysis, though frightening there is nothing to worry about, at least you didn't have any hallucinations during this episode of SP and you handled it very well.

Perhaps it's hard to believe, but I would like to experience SP just to see if my late cat comes to visit again like he did the last time I had it. 😁 I talk about it in my story "My visitor from Rainbow Bridge"

Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: