You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Am I Seeing Actual Spirits?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Seeing Actual Spirits?

 

I'm 16 year old male, and I'm catholic. I promise this is serious, and honest.

Just some background info. I live on an old farm. The farmhouse is nearly 200 years old. This is where most of my "encounters" have happened.

Ever since I was young, probably around 6, I have been able to see spirits. At least I think I have been. I remember the first encounter I ever had was very clear. I got out of bed, walked down the hall and above the staircase stood a middle aged woman in a very large poofy dress. I was so scared I didn't move, but all the lady did was look at me and curtsy towards me and walk down the stairs.

Ever since that day I have been kind of frightened, but as I have gotten older I have realized if they're nice spirits then they can't do any harm, and I think it would be neat.

Another encounter I remember very clear is there was a man sitting at the end of my kitchen table in a black and white suit reading the paper. He had the glasses down to the tip of his nose and when I walked down, he looked at me, then continued reading. This man was my dad's uncle. He had passed away many years ago. He used to live in the house and sit in that seat.

Since then I have had only 1-2 encounters that have really scared me. One was this lady walked into my room that looked like my mom, but her hair was soaked and all down her face and she was kind of limping, and I yelled and my mom came and it disappeared. The other time was I looked out my door and there was a person in a black robe, kind of like a monk suit... Just sitting there and I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep but this "person" never came near me.

When I was in denial that I was in fact seeing spirits I used to try to convince myself I was dreaming and one night, when there was a lady standing there, I walked right through her to prove to myself I was imagining it. I got so cold and got huge goosebumps down my back.

Since then I have seen MANY spirits. Some are a man hammering the wall with a hat on, a little boy with his legs crossed in my hallway, a girl dancing (with a mask), a police woman blowing a whistle, a man in a wheelchair coming up the lane way, cats, a dress on my wall or door, just a man sitting there. And this is just some of them, and I have never tried to talk to them or touch them. I am still a little frightened. My mom believes me but my dad thinks I'm just silly. Am I crazy? What do you guys think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Murph64, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AshCat (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
You are absolutely not crazy. I have known some actually crazy people, and there is a huge difference. I believe you do have a gift as a medium! Luckily, these days there is a lot of information out there on the spirit world. I would suggest doing some research on how to control your mediumistic abilities so they are not always such an unpleasant surprise to you. Good luck!
grapelovers2014 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
your not crazy my mum has had many encountors after the babysitter died 😐
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-21)
You are not crazy, you are seeing both residual and intelligent hauntings. I agree with spiritwaiting your house may be a portal for spirits to come and go through. After 200 years many people have gone through this house so there has to be a lot of residual energy left over. You saw your own fathers uncle whom lived in that house.
As for the spirits that fightened you if you see them again say your favorite prayer and tell the spirits they must leave as it is not their house and you don't want them there. As for the spirits that don't scare or bother you leave them alone and don't go running through any more.
Regards
RedWolf
Silverthorne (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
A 200 year old house? That's pretty cool. So many people would have come and gone through there over the years it isn't surprising that you've experienced things there.
Have you only seen these figures in the house, or have you seen them other places as well?
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
I don't think you're crazy at all. While I am still personally on the fence about whether or not ghosts exist (since I've never personally seen one), what I can tell you as a PK (pastor's kid) is that the Holy Bible actually supports the existence of the spirit world. Also, while it forbids the practice of witchcraft, it does not forbid using one's natural talents. After all, there were prophets who saw the future and people who spoke with angels and God. So if you can see ghosts and spirits, I'd consider that to be a gift of God. So the next question is, how are you going to use it? 😊
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
Hi, I think because you have experienced so many things and at one point you were in denial, I would suggest you get some help to try and control your gift. You seem to have a gift, don't forget the spirits could be there because of the memories in your home. Your spirits sound friendly, you do not have to communicate with them if you do not wish to. I hope there is somewhere in your area that you can get real face to face assistance with this. It must be frightening for you, be strong, you can ask spirits to leave you alone if you are worried. Let us know if you have help from someone, I wouldn't leave this unchallenged, getting help will help you understand what is going on and hopefully control it. All the best
ParanormalGhostThingy2000 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
I also have seen 2 spirits one in my house and 1 in a friends house. Once the submit story page is back up and running I will make a story about my experience.
ParanormalGhostThingy2000 (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
You are indeed seeing spirits. But what I can't believe is that you walked right though one. I have never heard about anyone doing that.
Realityisnttrue (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
Are these spirts easy to see? I think I have seen one before.

My Mamaw's house is about over 100 years old I think. It's older than her and she's 84. I, being interested in finding paranormal in our town, asker who owned the house first. She said it was an old farmer. I spent the night at her house that night and I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a 'farmer' looking figure looking at me. It was EXTREMLY blury, possibly because I didn't have on my glasses at the time. Though at her house I always feel a presence when I'm spending the night there.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
Wow. Just... Wow. You have a gift, you know? If you can see spirits you can also see and understand anything els on a spiritual level. Do you ever feel like you know people well that are strangers to you? Or like you know what's going to hapen next? It's not unchristian, Jesus did all that all the time. Very awesome story, thankyou.
texangirl94 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
that is so cool that you are seeing all those spirits, I have only seen one and heard voices from a few. I def think you are not crazy 😁
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
All these encounters, have they happened in the same home, or just in your everyday life? I'm asking, because you could very well be a type of medium. I understand your religion and you being catholic, but maybe you seeing spirits could open up a whole new world for you. Try not be afraid of them, try talking to them. Some could be residual,hauntings. It also sounds as though you have some sort of portal there. Which allows spirits to just pass through on there own accord. I like your story, its very intriguing
Afraidnolonger (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
Thank you for sharing! The things that have happened to you seem real to me... It happens to often to be a dream or just in your mind in my opinion. Have they ever spoken to you or have you sort of felt their thoughts? I probably sound strange haha I am definitely intrigued by your encounters.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: