You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Outlines

Real Ghost Stories

White Outlines

 

Sorry if the story is too long, this has been happening my whole life.

Ever since I can remember I have seen what I can only describe as ghosts following me but lately I have felt it could have been something more (that's another story). I used to dream of scary things coming to get me or taking me somewhere and it has always scared me and messed with me. My mum has always thought of me as having some sort of ability that makes me tap into these things and she believes I should let them in and help them, but I am too terrified.

My mum told me I have always been able to see things but the first experience I can personally remember was living on my grandfather's farm when I was maybe 7 or 8 and we were looking after his home. I shared a room with my sister and the bed was parallel to the sliding doors leading outside, and every night I would wake up in the middle of the night to see 3 figures standing at the door walking towards me, but as they got closer they would disappear from the feet up until it was just their heads floating not far from my own.

These figures were almost invisible except that I could just see a white outline around their entire body and I could see outlines of eyes, mouth and nose but I could see completely through them. They had no clothes and and no body features apart from their faces, so I couldn't have known if they were male or female except for that their faces all looked male with the same blank look on their face. Not smiling, frowning or looks of emotion, just blank faces staring at me so they weren't relatively scary.

They would come every single night until we moved onto our own farm, I would've been around 8 or 9. I then shared a room with both of my sisters and the bed was still parallel to the sliding doors leading to a veranda that was off the ground. They stopped coming for a while after we moved but then I started seeing just one again. It was the same thing, with the same blank look, coming towards me disappearing from the feet up until its head was at mine.

Again, this happened every single night but some nights were more terrifying than others. On one occasion, I had woken to feel that my leg was dangling off the side of the bed. Not thinking anything of it, I left it there, only to feel something cold grab my leg.

On other nights, I would see these things but they would look different, like someone I knew but that didn't happen very often. I was eventually so scared I resorted to sleeping with my head covered every night until we moved.

We moved across state and it all stopped. I thought it was over, I was finally able to sleep normally without waking to see these things. Up until we moved into a new house, which I thought was fine (would of been 12-13 years old) until one night I was just sitting in my room with the light on when I felt something crawling up my bed. When I looked, what I remember was seeing that same figure except, this one was crawling on my bed and not walking towards me. I felt that it had followed me across the country...

I'm 17 now and I still feel as if something has been with me this entire time. Maybe it has been with me since being born. If, according to my mum, I've been talking about these things since I could talk... It scares me to even think about it.

There's a lot of other stories to post. But they will have to wait until the next time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, uh-oh-spaghettio, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

uh-oh-spaghettio (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Hi so sorry I didn't see these as I forgot my account details!
It's gotten a lot worse! I just posted another story today but it's on a different account!
If you happen to come across a story by
Curious-and-afraid
it's me and can you please help!
Thank you so much for actually responding, I'm so much more afraid than I was and I've tried certain things to cleanse but it either got worse or stayed exactly the same...
I should point out that I stopped seeing those men... I never got a bad vibe from them it was always neutral, I'm more scared because of whatever else is following me now... I haven't so much seen anything else but enough has happened to terrify me...
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-21)
Vonboeckman, I absolutely understand. These things are vital to know, as the physical is suported by the spiritual. Thankyou for the information.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-21)
Hi swimsinfire, please don't be offended by my response re our native Australians. Your suggestion was fine but this is Australia she is a vast beautiful country with ancient aboriginal people. That have their culture.J
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-21)
Hi uh oh spagettio.
I think spiritwaiting has a good idea about cleansing. I know you said you feel afraid but do you think you could tell them to leave? Even if you close your eyes and shout. Have there been different types of ghosts other than the shadow people?
As for our indigenous spiritual traditions, they are sacred no white person is permitted especially female. My advice is don't go there as the consequences can be a bad experience. Especially in the far North west of western Australia. Our indigenous do not answer to whiteman law they have their own.
Thankyou for sharing and I hope you are comfortable with your gift and find the answers you are looking for... This is a good site with many experienced people. ❤ J
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
In agreement withSpiritwaiting, it's good to breath a bit and then figure out is it a negative vibe or normal reaction to paranormal. So doesn't Austrailia have a lot of spiritual traditions like this? Are there native Austrailians you know who you could talk to?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
uh-oh-spagettio, Love the name. If you have been seeing these shadow figures and your mom has told you that you've been seeing things, then just maybe you should try to figure out what it wants. But these sound to me like Shadow beings, and some are harmful, some are not. Besides you being scared because its paranormal, do you get any sort of malevolent feelings, or feelings of dread when they come to you? I really recommend a cleansing and blessing for you personally and the home.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: