You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Park Dweller

Real Ghost Stories

Park Dweller

 

My story begins in the summer of 2005 when I was about 13 years old. I was playing soccer by myself in this huge park across the street from my house. I had been in the park for over an hour or so, and the sun began to set.

As I looked to the west where the sun was setting, I saw a man standing on the fringes of where the open park becomes a heavenly wooded area. I stopped and stared at this man for a short time and then proceeded to kick the ball around. After a few more minutes I turned to see if the man was still standing there, and he was. I decided to wave my arm at him but he did not wave back.

A few short moments after that, a woman on a bicycle was coming around on the path. Some trees were blocking his position from the biker's view and as she passed him, he instantly disappeared. I thought to myself, "What is this creep doing?" still thinking it was just some person. Just minutes later I turned back to that direction and saw him standing there again. I decided to wave again and this time he did wave back.

As I still just thought this figure was a person, I began to leave the park and as I did, I noticed him coming further and further away from the trees and into the open park. I was probably 100 yards in front of him walking at a steady pace. I looked back and he was still moving in my direction but not necessarily coming after me. As I got closer to the road, I decided to stop behind these 3 tall bushes that completely blocked my view. I waited about 20 seconds and I decided I was going to pop out and see who this weirdo man was. I did so, but when I popped out I was about 15 yards away and realized this was no human, man or woman. It was a spirit or ghost with a human-like flesh color but completely transparent. It also had no facial features whatsoever.

So as I popped out, I stopped and stared very briefly as I was spooked out of my mind and all of a sudden it smoothly and quickly slid about 15 yards to its left and behind a tree. Its sliding motion was not like steps you and I would take, but more of like a floating smooth and fluent motion. I then ran out of the park completely spooked still looking back but he had disappeared.

My thoughts of this experience is that the ghost was not coming after me but that it had somewhere it wanted to go. Nevertheless it was very spooky.

Every summer I try to go back to the park around sunset to see if I can see the ghost again, but I never have...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ConnorG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ConnorG (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
Oh yeah it could definitely see me! From the moment it waved back and also when I came out of the bushes, it was definitely reacting to what I was doing. I also got the feeling that it was surprised that I could see it and that it didn't really want to interact with me.
Frances23 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-22)
Sounds very disturbing! I thought maybe it was a residual haunting at first... But if it waved back at you then it seems like the actual spirit of a person who could see you.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-21)
Ghost? Entity of some sort, more like. Very creepy, especially that it waved back at you!?! Very brave of you to return to look for it all. Thanks for sharing.
ConnorG (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
No there is no hospitals or hospice care centers near the park
Arwen1957 (7 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
Connor, is there a hospital, hospice or nursing home near the park? Sometimes passing spirits lose their way and appear in places near where they passed. This would explain why you never heard anything about the park. People pass all the time in the places I mentioned, and unless you or your family knew they person who passed you would not hear about it
ConnorG (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
I have never done any research on the park but like I said, I had lived near it my whole life and never seen or heard of anything like that before. But I will try and find out more history of the park when I go home again.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
ConnorG, From the way you described the movement and actions of this spirit/person, its seems to me it was a spirit. The history of the park, would be a great place to start. Maybe before it became a park, it could have been property owned by this spirit. And he may have just been trying to figure out why you were there. It seemed curious, enough to watch you and when it realized you saw it, it disappeared and then reappeared.
Afraidnolonger (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-20)
This story really creeped me out! Maybe it was a person murdered in the woods or a homeless person who passed there? Have you ever done research on the park?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: