You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghostly Living Room Guest And Disturbed Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Living Room Guest And Disturbed Spirits

 

My name is Paul. I come on here a lot and I love reading all of your stories. I have my own story to share.

Every time I visit my sister in Staten Island I always have an encounter with something paranormal. From the moment I enter her house I get a strange feeling, almost like I am being watched. Then at night, as I am sitting on the couch watching TV or talking to my sister, I will see something like a shadow out the corner of my eye shoot past me with an incredible speed. I mean this shadow or ghost is very well known amongst my sister and her husband. When I see it dart across the dark living room I will look very suddenly and my sister says, "Yes, I saw it too. We see it all the time." I turned to her and say, "Are you kidding me? You see this thing all the time." She says it like its nothing. This happens all the time I visit her and it freaks me out to no end.

Then when it's time to go to bed I usually sleep in her furnished basement. Ok, now let me try to explain this so most of you understand what's going on. The bed I sleep in faces the stairs 10 feet away, 5 feet to the left. Right across the stairs is the laundry room. So try to picture all this in your head.

At night when I am ready to go to bed and I rest my head on the pillow, I mean just getting ready to fall out, I am so tired. The room is dark of course with a little bit of this ambient light present, meaning I can still make out objects in the room. Now, as I am getting ready to drift off to sleep I swear I could see that laundry room door slowly open and close without making a sound. It doesn't open or close all the way though, just slightly like something is peeking or watching me. One night it opened and I heard a screech almost like a cry come out. It really scares me and I am 36 years old and I got to say nothing scares me that easily.

Then one night as I was getting ready to fall asleep I saw a pitch black figure standing at the foot of the stairs staring at me. It had no eyes but I could feel it staring at me. I was stiff as a board and completely terrified. Then it slowly started walking toward me I said, "Lord, please help me. There is an unwanted soul in this house." As he was getting closer, he vanished. I jumped up turned all the lights on in the basement and went to bed like that.

The next morning I told my sister and she said it was probably a spirit from the old cemetery down the road. It had been abandoned for about 50 years or so. It's all overgrown with weeds, nobody takes care of it. So maybe my hauntings at my sister's house have something to do with it. I passed through the cemetery with my sister's dog one day, maybe I bothered a spirit, who knows. But all I can tell you people is that for two nights in a row I was completely frightened.

Even every now and then something unexplained happens at my sister's house, like footsteps in the living room, strange and weird smells, things appearing in mirrors then the next second there gone.

Does anyone one have answers? Please, I need an explanation to what's going on. Please.

Other hauntings by pjs1977

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pjs1977, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

wolfhunterxx (3 stories) (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
I just want to let you know that in my old house growing up, I also used to see a "shadow" or black silhouette shoot past my peripheral vision at a high rate of speed. I saw it all the time. To me, this just further validates all of our paranormal experiences are real:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
I'm not a Mr. If she's fatigued she should visit a doctor and rule out any underlying illness. You still have not answered any questions. Take care.
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
Well what does shadow people and my sister be fatigued mean. Because she is always fatigued I mean a lot can anyone debunk this theory how about mr badjuju.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Was your sister worried about the presence you say is in the basement, and has she encountered it herself?
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
Well a cleansing would help but I think they would come back eventually no?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
Do you feel any more secure in the living room than you do in the basement? If so I would suggest sleeping on the couch when you visit. I know that's less than helpful, but I don't really know what to tell you. Under other circumstances I would recommend a home cleansing, but in this situation I wouldn't recommend it. If this were your home, it would absolutely be appropriate for you to take steps to cleanse and claim the space. But, as a visitor, I'm not sure you'd hold enough authority to pull it off. On top of that, I don't think a person who is frightened should attempt a cleansing. It takes confidence to do one correctly, and fear undermines confidence. I tried it scared, epic waste of time and effort. 😢
When you talked to your sister about the presence in the basement, was she worried? Also, has she encountered it?
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
No I understand badjuju you're right but I swear to you there's something in that basement like unrestef spirit
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-22)
It doesn't sound like the activity bothers your sister and her husband. As nutty as this is going to sound, after awhile you get used to sharing a house with ghosts. Unless it's worrying the people who live with the activity on a day to day basis, it probably isn't worth being frightened over.
Now, I mean no disrespect by this, but I kind of wonder if the things you're seeing in the basement are just the result of expecting to see something. What I mean is, you know there's something in the living room, its confirmed by the homeowners, so by the time you get to the basement you're scared and expecting more activity, so your subconscious happily obliges. Power of suggestion and all that.
I don't think you're going to bother a spirit by walking through a cemetery, unless you let the dog pee on a grave. Or peed on one yourself, which seems unlikely. 😆
Bottom line, I don't think you're in any danger at your sister's house. I highly recommend getting a handle on your fear though. As cliche as it sounds, there is nothing to fear except fear itself. Yeah, the paranormal is freaky, but approaching things calmly is always wise. Try to be rational, analytical, and attempt to debunk things. Trying to debunk takes your focus off of fear and redirects your focus to logic. It helps.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-22)
Dear pjs1977, I wonder if your sister is fatigued a lot. Do you have nightmares, while your there visiting? It could very well be a shadow being, but somehow it crosses me as an intellegent haunting. How old is this home your sister resides in? It may just be an owner from previous years, checking you out since your not there, on a regular basis as she is. The spirit could just be making its daily rounds in the home. I wouldn't be scared, just interested in the spirit spying on you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: