You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Midnight Visit From A Worried Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Midnight Visit From A Worried Spirit

 

Thank you for reading this and I look foreword to any comment, or help that can be given. I decided to post this after taking a break from the site, and after reading a post from the member fourthgeneration.

Two years after the initial shock of my stepmother dying when I was about 15, I was used to my dad coming home from work late or sleeping early. This night I was talking with a friend of mine on the phone for about 14 minutes, then I heard what seemed to be a child crying for his mother. I asked my friend if she heard the noise and she said that she hadn't and I dismissed it as my mind playing tricks on me. About 5 minutes later I heard the same crying again, so I sat up and looked around and there was nothing but silence. Once again I asked my friend if she had heard the noise and she told me that she didn't and asked if I was ok. Some important information... The house on our right was vacant at this time, and the neighbor to our right only had a daughter a few years younger than me. The neighborhood I lived in at the time had a curfew of 10 pm so I knew that the noise wasn't from outside.

I returned to the phone call with my friend and acted as if nothing happened. Then 5 minutes before 12 am I heard the cry one last time. At this point I was truly scared. At 12 am I decide to get up and go to get a drink, but I suddenly stop and decide to turn around. I felt no sudden drop in temperature and I didn't hear a single noise coming from behind me, so I have no idea what compelled me to turn. When I turned around, standing on my bed was what appeared to be around boy possibly 8 years old. We just stood there staring at each other And his clothes looked like they were from the 1920's. He had a plaid vest and a white shirt as well as what seemed to be a newsboy cap, or a right paneled cap. After only a minute or so he suddenly disappeared without a trace and the spot on my bed he was standing in was seemingly untouched.

To this day I've had several other experiences in that house and a couple other places I've lived, but I haven't seen that young boy. I forgot to mention he had dirty blond hair and a sort of worried expression and his face was slightly dirty but not enough to be easily noticed.

If anyone has any idea as to why the boy visited me or anything related I'd appreciate any help. Thank you for letting me share.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, strayx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
strayx - I second what BJJ said. I would have suggested you try to help him cross over, but like BJJ said, if he didn't return then possibly just passing by. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
Sometimes, an entity is just passing through and we encounter them. It could be that this child was lost, looking for his mother, and after getting a good look at you realized he wouldn't find her there and left. Sad scenario, if that's what happened. But as you didn't encounter him again I can't help but think something like that was the case.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: