You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Shadow In The Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow In The Bathroom

 

This event occurred in my husband's grandmother's home. We were living with her at the beginning of our marriage, trying to get our priorities together.

This is the home the Ouija board had been played in (Tragic End by the Ouija). His grandfather had also passed in only 6 months prior.

Earlier that evening my husband, his uncle, and myself all sat around the dining room table telling stories of our deceased loved ones and the funny stories about them. We had all decided we were a bit tired, so his uncle had decided to head on home, and we readily took off to bed.

We were in bed for just about an hour and myself, being pregnant with our second child, had to use the bathroom quite often. I had a sudden urge to go, I told my husband watch our son, I was going to the restroom, because our son was laying in his crib next to the bed and, like most first-time mothers, I was terrified of SIDS.

As I scooted towards the end of the bed, I saw a tall dark shadow cross the hallway, open the bathroom door, turn the light on, close the door, and literally heard this person using it. From the bedroom door, I can see the entire hallway, bathroom, and other room at the other end.

I thought to myself, "Hmm, I thought his uncle had left. Well, maybe he came back and decided to stay." So I waited, and waited. Around 15 minutes later, I'm starting to become impatient, because my bladder is going to burst! So I get up, head towards the bathroom, and stand in front of the door. I don't hear anything, so I knock. Nothing. No one answers back. I look at the bottom of the door and the light's off, but I hear the toilet flush.

So I knock again and ask, "Is everything ok?" No answer. I feel a sudden rush of cold air run right through me, and I open the bathroom door.

No one is in the bathroom! I hurry, use the restroom, and run back into the bedroom. I wake my husband up, and tell him what just happened. He replied, "Yeah, that's just my PaPa."

The next morning I tell his grandmother about it, and she told me it's a regular occurrence in the home.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
notjustme, Yeah it could very well have been. Laughing yes I know very well how men love to take there time in the bathroom. 😆 I'm a victim of not getting in there first!
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
spiritwaiting - thanks for sharing! A little creepy but cute encounter, in my opinion. Lol. Maybe it's a replay of him when he was alive. Maybe washroom time was a treasured time for him. You know how some men could spend hoursssss in there doing god-knows-what! Lol ok ok some women too 😜
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-24)
[at] shhh_im_sleeping, Sorry the last couple of months have been so hectic. Being poked in the back, yeah I've had that to, along with the playing with my hair while laying on the couch. Its freaky but, hey as long as they don't terrify me. I like your stories, they remind me a lot of my experiences.

Hope to read more of yours soon,
Sincerely Spiritwaiting 😊
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-27)
I liked your story very much. My Mom hung around her home after she passed for about a month. I no longer sense her but now two other spirits have moved in. Looks to be an adult male and child. I know there is a family buried in the woods behind the home from the early 1900's. I don't bother them and they don't bother me too much (except for the little finger poking me in my back as I was trying to sleep on the couch). That was freaky.
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
Nice story. Please help that spirit to pass through to next level. You might perform some rituals from church
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
BadJuuJuu,yes that's what I believe it could have been.
[at] griff84, at the time I really thought it was his uncle, but when I came to my senses, yeah I thought I would pop my second son out. 😆
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
Unfortunately, I would have spend the next half an hour cleaning the contents of my bladder off the landing floor if that happened to me! 😉

Good story though, thanks.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
I hope this doesn't sound too irreverent, but, a residual of someone going to the bathroom? Is that what's happening?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
I initialy thought it was my husbands uncle, and not his deceased grandfather. It was really creepy!
misshaze (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
WOW you are very brave! I wouldn't even been able to get up after seeing that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: