You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who's In My Room?

Real Ghost Stories

Who's In My Room?

 

Something very disturbing happened to me recently. I was doing my homework in my room when all of a sudden my ceiling fan started to spin all by itself. It wasn't on a setting. It was just as if someone had spun it with their hand. I asked kindly that whoever is spinning the fan to please stop and that it's scaring me! Instantly, the fan stopped. I was relieved and said, "Thank you" and proceeded to do my homework.

A few minutes later the fan goes crazy! It's on full speed! Papers are flying around my room and I yell, "I get it! You want my attention! Please stop!" The fan stopped, immediately. Usually, if someone turns off the fan, it slowly stops. Not this time. It stopped dead in its tracks. It was a very creepy thing to witness.

I also sometimes have my curtain start to swing back and forth as if someone is playing with it. I was scared and confused, so I asked my father for help and told him all of the strange things that have been happening in my room lately. He brought a Bible in my room and asked God to banish all evil from our house. I haven't had anymore paranormal activity in my house since.

I'm not quite sure what this was, but thankfully, it's all over. My only regret is that I didn't whip out my phone and record it! Moral of the story is, if you respect spiritual beings, they'll respect you. I didn't demand them to turn off the fan, I pretty much begged in tears.

My only question is, were these spirits, demons, or something else? I'll never know what their goal was or what they were trying to do. A friend of mine said they might have been dark or evil entities purposely scaring me to feed off of my fear. If that's the case, then why did they turn off the fan when I asked them to? This experience has not left me scared. It's only left me confused.

Although there technically hasn't been any "paranormal activity" in my house anymore, some unusual things have still been going on. I was home alone one afternoon and I was in the kitchen. I heard the front door open and I saw my cat look at the front door. I thought to myself, "Oh my gosh! Someone just broke into my house!" I ran over to see who broke in and found myself confused, as there was no one there. The door was closed and locked. I thought I was just hearing things and that I was going crazy. But then I remembered, my cat heard it, as well.

A couple days later, I heard a male voice whisper my name. Now, I don't want to say that these things are "paranormal activity" because it could just be me losing my sanity. However, the episode with the fan has absolutely 100% proven to me that there are spiritual beings in this world and they're VERY real. As always, be safe and protect yourself.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lady_Kasey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cece1232 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
some unusual things have been happening to me too, things related to yours.
You shouldn't regret not taking out your phone because it may make it more uncomfortable and might want to harm you. If it happens again call a Parapsychologist or something and do not show your fear. 😁

❤ good luck ❤ cece1232
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
Lady- your story is interesting and it resembles my experience. I cannot comment on fan start stop as I haven't experienced or heared about it. I personally experienced like a male voice talking close to my ears. The interesting thing is that the voice I heared was exactly my voice. Also my wife heared my voice like calling her name. I can confidentky say that this is just a spirit with some higher power who can communicate clearly

Just pretend that you didn't hear anything and don't react to it. It will just pass on
Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
Hi Lady Kasey,

I'm with Val on this. This doesn't sound demonic. As Val said, a demonic entity would not have stopped and I think with your dad bringing in the Bible it would have gotten worse before getting better if it was demonic.
I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head when you said it was trying to get your attention as it stopped when it realized it had it.
As to what it may have been trying to tell you, only you would be able to figure that out. Have there been any deaths of friends or family recently?

Regards,
Neph
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
Well, I really do not think it was 'demonic' or malevolent. If it wanted to feed off your fear I don't believe it would have stopped no matter how nicely you asked (or begged). When your father asked God to 'banish all evil rom the house', it might have just realized how uncomfortable it made you and left - even if it wasn't evil.
The other things you've heard could be just a passing spirit, or someone popping in to say hi. Not too unusual. There could even be very mundane causes. You might want to keep a journal of these happenings and see if a pattern emerges.
User1690 (12 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
Greetings! To aid in your curiosity as to what this may have been, it could have indeed been demonic, as your friend suggested, so that it could feed on your fear or it could have been a wandering spirit just wanting some attention. (Some spirits are from quite far back so our technology can be quite intriguing for them and they try to interact). If it happens again, I have a suggestion;

Immediately get out some recording equipment (audio or video or both!) and try to interact with whoever/whatever is there. Even if its demonic, you have higher chances of getting solid evidence that you can investigate with (This also helps with your sanity because if its recorded and heard by others then your clearly not loosing it:P).

Take photos, lots of them. If the entity/spirit/force is willing, you may even be able to ask them to stand in a certain spot while you take a picture.

And as you say, always be safe and protect yourself!
2bornt2b (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
That's scary. In my 1st story (Mormor: My Great Grandma) She would just do things and it was scary at first then I was like, eh.
alb15 (12 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
wow...So did you hear like any rustling when it happened?
😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: