You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Messenger For A Friend

Real Ghost Stories

A Messenger For A Friend

 

Two years ago I was living with my friend and his family. I was told by my friend's family that it was haunted. When I was told this I kind of just shrugged it off. Not saying I don't believe in ghosts or any of the paranormal stuff, but I shrugged it off to get my mind cleared that night so I could sleep.

It was just a normal night... Until I was woken up by something I had no idea I was going to see. It was probably about 5:30am when I was at a stare down with this, what seemed to be an old man with a blue aura around him. He was dressed up in a funeral type suit and kneeling beside my friend. At this time I noticed my friend was twitching in his sleep, as if he was having a nightmare. I knew for sure I was not dreaming. I was wide awake.

This old man was staring at me like, "You can see me" type of look. He placed his hand on my friend's shoulder and then looked up at me and gently smiled. I looked at him, then my friend, but when I looked back up he was gone. So immediately I woke my friend up after finally being able to move. I told him about it and what I really believe it could have been was his uncle or grandfather trying to give my friend a message by saying, "Everything's going to be okay."

Today I'm still wondering... Why me? Why did I have to see this old man. I mean there was a whole family living with me who were asleep too but they weren't woken up? What are the odds of this old man I saw coming to me the way he did? It still stays on my mind for long time. I am basically just left shocked and realizing there is more than what we can't see and understand but maybe someday, long away, we will see and know. Just depend on how we open ourselves up to it and believing in it.

Other hauntings by xdreamerx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xdreamerx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xdreamerx (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
Well all I remembered was he had on a funeral type suit on and grey hair. He was kind of chubby too. I told my friend about it and we both really can't tell if it was his uncle or grandpa but I think it either one. I remembered my friend aunt that we lived with for awhile said she felt like she was always being watched and protected so who knows maybe it could have been the old man. I have had many experiences. Even now. And still confused.

right now I live in this one story house that was built in 1971 and I think there is a man and a child here. I posted this story in hopes I can figure out if I'm just imagining things or to get some advice on what to do about it. In my house I have herd a deep mans voice talk to me and say "its me" or "what you going to do " and I have also herd giggling and faint foot steps but no one else does? I have asked many of my friends and shared most of my dreams and experiences with them. They think I could be a really strong medium but just arent aware of it yet? But at this point I don't know and hope someone can help me out? Thanks on your opinions guys about the story.
Esmeralda (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-26)
I had a dream one night of my childhood friend. I was at her house playing. In the dream I was standing at the edge of her drive way. Her brother that had passed away a couple of weeks after he passed was in my dream. I couldn't see him but I could feel him standing behind me. Now my friend was standing a few feet away from me. The message I got from my friends brother was, he still wanted me to be friends with her. Thing is she won't talk to me for some reason. I believe that spirits try to communicate with us in some way.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
xdreamerz, I agree with. Bluemer04. Also though maybe you werent meant to see him, and just so happened to catch him, trying to connect with your friend. He could have been an old relative of your friends.
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
Scary experience, but I believe it has a purpose... Have you tried to describe the man to your friend? Was he able to confirm who was it? Is your friend going through something that's why the man appeared?
BallyMeera (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
sometimes one can be lucky to see spirits you might just have that luck I know the feeling happened to me a few years back... 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: