You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: House On Patton Dr.

Real Ghost Stories

House On Patton Dr.

 

I am not the best at describing things or narrating but I'll give this a go. About 13 years ago, when I was about 8 years old, my family bought, or more like rented because my dad was scammed, our first family home.

While living here, my family started to experience what might have been paranormal activity. I say it like this because there might be possible explanations for some of these events. I will be telling you about their experiences, as I never experienced anything myself. I don't quite remember the order that these experiences took place, so forgive me for that. These experiences will also be kind of brief since they just happened without warning.

Okay, so I'll start off with my dad's experiences. So one day when my dad and mom were arguing, I don't remember about what, my dad went down to the basement to clear his head. He sat down on a couch we had down there and he was just staring at the wall. He then said that he started to see faces all over the walls of the basement spinning around him. He said he just sat there, trying not to panic or freak out. He also said that there was one face that did not "spin" with the others. It was still staring at my dad with a creepy smile on its face. As you can imagine, hearing this as an 8 yo freaked me out. It made me want to avoid the basement even more, as it just felt like a creepy place already. My dad did not go into much detail as to what the faces looked like and I haven't asked.

The next event also took place in the basement. My aunt and her family stayed with us for a brief moment until they found a place to live, as they had moved from a different city. So I'll briefly describe the basement. When you reach the bottom of the stairs to the basement, to your left is the bar area and to the right far wall is small room with a closet, not sure if you could call it a pantry. On the wall where you stand, I guess, is the laundry room.

One day my cousin Cindy was washing clothes in the laundry room and she felt someone watching her. So when she put the clothing in the washer she turned around and saw a woman staring at her. She said the woman had long dark hair and appeared to be in her mid-20's. She was wearing a white gown or dress and was translucent, or see through as most people describe ghosts. She then ran out of the room and up the stairs and told everyone. My family members are believers of the paranormal so everyone believed her, and things had already happened. I remember she was crying and was scared to go back down into the basement so that freaked me out a little.

The next event took place in the kitchen and it happened to my sister. She said she was walking into the kitchen and dropped something she was holding, I don't remember what, and she bent over to pick it up. As she was picking up the item, right next to it she saw the feet of a child, wearing shoes. She shot back up and said she saw a little boy about 3 years old staring back at her. She said he was wearing overalls and was also see through. She also said that he was not fully formed. From the waist up he was fully formed, but from the waist down he had no legs but you could see his feet. In the blink of an eye he disappeared.

So now onto what my oldest brother experienced, which I think is the most horrifying. He was about 17 at the time, and not the best-behaved and also was experimenting with marijuana, which is why I said earlier there could be an explanation to some of these occurrences. Now I'm not too sure about what the effects of weed can be, but I'll go ahead and describe his experiences, which he swears that he was NOT using any drugs while these happened.

The first is not actually terrifying. He said he was in the kitchen getting a snack out of the fridge and when he turned around he saw a young Caucasian male (we are Mexican-American), standing near the dinner table staring at him. He said he had blonde hair and was wearing a black leather jacket and blue jeans. I don't remember how my brother said the guy went away.

Next, my brother and a friend were watching TV in his room. The TV was on a stand that had the bottom cabinets with doors made out of glass so you could see the reflection under his bed. He said that they were just watching TV when his friend noticed two red dots on the reflection of the glass and he told my brother. My brother also saw it and he said that he had nothing underneath his bed that lit up red. So he and his friend panicked and ran out of his room and down the hall to the living room. My brother said that they looked like two red eyes staring at them. So they decided to hang in the living until my parents got home (I was also with my parents).

While they were waiting, his friend needed to use the bathroom, which was directly across my brother's room. While he was walking towards the bathroom halfway down the hall, he began to hear a growling noise so he ran back to the living room and decided he didn't need to use the bathroom after all. I remember getting home with my mom and dad and they didn't even wait for us to get inside. They met us outside and frantically started telling our parents what had happened. So that was scary, but still not the worst.

This last event also happened to my brother. He had gotten home from somewhere, I don't remember where he said he was, and there was no one at the house. He walked into the kitchen. I will try to set this scene up as best I can. The kitchen was in the shape of a rectangle and the doorway to enter from the living room to the kitchen was at one of the corners of the kitchen. At the opposite and diagonal corner of the kitchen was a tiny hallway where the back door of the house was and also the door to the basement. So you had to have one closed to have the other opened. So anyway my brother walked into the kitchen and in the opposite corner I just described, he said he saw a "thing". He described it as a brown humanoid with its mouth slightly open so you could see its small sharp teeth. The brown skin was muddy-like, or kind of melting as he puts it, and the thing was solid not see through. But what scared him the most were the thing's eyes. He said the eyes were like flames. The eyes were made of fire. It did not move, it just stood between the back door and basement door staring at him.

My brother said he bolted right out the kitchen, through the living room and out of the house until someone else came home. When I ask him about this now, 13 years later, you can tell he is still scared by it. His demeanor changes and he doesn't say much about it. You can tell he believes he saw this thing. I joke around that he might have been high but he says he wasn't. The way he says it make me believe him too. Like I said, his whole demeanor changes and I can just tell he is not lying.

So those are the experiences my family had. Looking back, what kind of sticks out to me is how no one saw the same thing and the entities, or beings, only appeared once each. These experiences would also happen over the course of months and years, not daily. When we lived there my family went through a lot of problems, but ironically my other brother and I had a great childhood for the 3 years we lived there. If you have any questions, please ask!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, indyguy123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dwelly (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-31)
The one that happened to your dad might have been made-up. My parents tried to scare me all the time with ghost stories when I was young, and I never realized they were fabricated until years later. I'd say maybe try asking him about it again. He could have just been trying to scare you.

The other stories all sound pretty real. It's really uncommon to see so many full-figured ghosts, though. Especially if they're all different like that. Maybe your family is more sensitive to the spirit world? It could also be that that house acted as a cross-ways for spirits. Depending on what you believe, some people theorize that certain locations can act as "resting stops" for ghosts, which would explain why your family saw so many different spirits and so rarely.

If marijuana was the only drug your brother was doing, then I don't think his experiences were because of that. Marijuana definitely isn't good for you, but it doesn't cause hallucinations. If he tried anything more severe, or used drugs and alcohol together, that might have made him imagine something. The fact that he was older and freaked out so much tells me he probably didn't make it up.

I think you should definitely try to research something about the house if you have the time and interest. It's something to look into for sure.

Thanks for sharing:) I'm glad you're all alright.
indyguy123 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
[at] Bluemer04 Thanks! All is well!

[at] JordanHart I know it sounds cliche, I agree, but that it what she described it as.
JordanHart (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-27)
I have a hard time believing the 2nd one, just because of how you described the ghost. I mean, long black hair and a white dress... Really? I've seen that in a movie. I don't think you made any of that up, but it kind of sounds made up.
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-27)
Glad that it is not happening after you all moved out... IF you have time you might want to do research. Hope all is well now.:)
indyguy123 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-27)
I haven't done much research, I might if I have enough time. And no, when we lived in that house is the only time my family experienced this activity. My dad has past experiences though.
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-26)
Glad you are all okay. Have you tried to to research on what happened to the house? How about now do you or your family experience those things?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: