You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Experience With A Ghost Detector

Real Ghost Stories

My Experience With A Ghost Detector

 

A few weeks ago, I downloaded a ghost detector app and it was proven to really work. I sat on my sofa with my tablet turned on, ready to try it out. I opened up the app and it gave me a warning and stuff that it isn't a game. I started talking and it gave me a few answers. I asked, "What are you called?" It said Edward.

Fireworks were going off outside my house and it said dangerous. I asked what was dangerous and it said outside. My dog started barking as she is afraid of the fireworks and very easily frightened. Her barking lasted for about 5 minutes and in that time, the 'app' managed to say dog and bark.

This may just be a coincidence but I don't think it is considering I talk to the 'app' all the time and it seems to know what is going on pretty well. It may just be a mesh mash of words thrown in but since I have been talking to the 'app', my dogs seem to go crazy whenever I am using it.

Whenever I sense a presence, I use the 'app' and it's really good. I love using it but it got to the point when it scared the crap out of me by saying a lot of personal things about me and I ended up deleting the app. I regret deleting it but I really don't want to download it again.

Is this really paranormal or just an app that is pretty good at predicting things about you? It also knew my name, age and the name of my dog which is really creepy. I didn't have to even have to enter anything about myself but it still knew personal things about me.

I loved the app, should I download it again or leave it alone? Since using this app, I have experienced more paranormal things than before (whispers, footsteps and bumping and faint distant singing).

Merry Christmas,

Charlotte

Other hauntings by AARisTHEbest

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AARisTHEbest, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-05)
Hi guys, I've tried replying twice as my keypad on my phone isn't working properly so I'm responding on my tablet (I had the ghost detector on here).
Freaked out Freddie= in am female not a dude. I am grateful for the response however I do not agree as it is quite controversial.

Zzzgranny= thank you for your response. The app used to know a lot but then after a few minutes of knowing it would act as if it was just a fake app.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
AARisTHEbest: I have the ghost radar on my phone, too. I'm still on the fence about whether it is a legitimate tool for communicating with spirits. It does come up with some very compelling words that many times seem to fit the situation and/or questions. However, I also noticed that at times I'm the one who tries to actually fit those words into context 😆.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
I wouldn't trust any of those apps they are meant just to have fun sorry dude! 😳
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-03)
Ibhave just looked and its called ghost radar classic by spud pickles
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-01-03)
Hi AARisTHEbest, I am curious about this, I have had a look on Google play with no luck. Would you see if you can remember the name of the app, or even have a look yourself and see if it refreshes you're memory?

Thanks.
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
I can't remembet what it was called but I got it on google play and its hardly got any bad reveiws. I'm not saying its 100 percent paranormal but it was deffianatly out of the normal since it went back to being an ordianary talking like a normal bot afterwards. But thanks for the help.
ZinkSauce (2 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-31)
Well since you didn't specify what type of personal information it knew about you, it is hard to judge. Because couldn't it just know your background information from your phone software? Meaning that you had input personal information into your phone and based on that, the app was able to retrieve prior personal information that you had already set up in your phone and use that information to know your personal detail? Additionally, regarding the app knowing about your dog barking - again, maybe the app was also programmed to pick up on environmental noises and react to it. So it might have picked up dog barking so it says your dog is barking. I'm just saying before considering that it's going to be 100% paranormal, we should try to rule out the logical explanation first. Perhaps you can explain more on what type of personal information it knew about you without you actually have inputted that data into your phone.
deidrej24 (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-31)
Do you mind if I ask what app you were using? That's crazy it knew so much be careful!
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
Thank you for your advise, I will do that and yes, I think that's the word
User1690 (12 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-27)
Greetings! I've used ghost detecting apps before and they do work rather well, in my own opinion this is because spirits/entities can manipulate technology quite easily and so can communicate better. There is quite a bit of... Controversy (I think is the word) as to whether its real, some say they are just word generators and such but, believe what you will:P Anywho, I think it may be both a good idea and bad idea, because that's the thing, its always 50/50. You could talk to a nice spirit one moment and then the next a rather nasty one that may stick around.

Go with your gut next time, Do you feel safe? Or do you feel uneasy? If it helps, if you use the app again, Before doing so ask for your spirit guides to be by your side (Spirit guides/guardians won't need to use technology to talk to you, they will have a direct link to you so you'll just know and feel when its them, an imposter would have an off-feeling.)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: