You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: In The Corner Of My Eye, And Misbehaving Doors

Real Ghost Stories

In The Corner Of My Eye, And Misbehaving Doors

 

I am still confused, and unsure of whether or not to believe in the existence of ghosts. My religion teaches that once you are out of your body, you are either in Heaven or Hell; there is no in between limbo state. Perhaps all that people are seeing are angels and demons messing around with their minds, but I am not certain. Perhaps God sometimes allows people to leave Heaven for a time, like when Elijah's spirit was called by that one king and the medium. I don't know. Whatever the case, I have seen some strange things lately, and would like some input on what they could mean.

The first one really spooks me. I was sitting on my bed, texting people through Instagram on my iPod. I have a large, leather journal with brown cord that secures it and keeps the pages safer. Well, when I was texting, out of the corner of my eye I saw the cords moving. They were untied and laying on my bed, but they were just moving, on their own! Of course, when I looked straight at them, the movement disappeared and nothing was there that could have caused it. My heart skipped a beat, but I didn't tell anyone. I have told my family about the ghost cat that I mentioned in a previous story, and they don't believe me. Things like this happen all the tome. I'll see something like a blur of movement, look in the direction it went, and see NOTHING! It really scares the heebeejeebies out of me, and I do not like it.

The second story nearly scared the pants off of me. I had just taken a shower, and was beginning to dress, when I turned around and saw that the door was open! I had closed it, I'm sure of it. I always make sure it's closed, because my cats like to come in and knock over my stuff. But there is nothing creepier than turning around and seeing an open door behind your back when you thought it was closed. It's happened twice this week, and I am really beginning to think that my room is haunted.

Other hauntings by Piedpiper

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Piedpiper, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-14)
Well, also being freaked out makes you more suspicious of your surroundings. Heck, when I first started reading YGS, at some point I started believing that something was also dwelling in My house. I started focusing more on random noises and opened doors, mirrors at night and especially out of the corner of the eye movement. I investigated every single case (I am paranoid like that) and always found an explanation;). Some of the haunts are in the head only. Best of luck.
HelvaTPB (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-14)
try propping/wedging the door shut too, just to rule out vibrations and things. Or possibly prevent embarrassment if the door opens at the wrong time
Aomni (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-12)
I had a similar problem with the door to my bedroom being frequently opened. I decided to lock it even when I wasn't inside and that stopped it. I'm sure you probably locked the door when you were showering but if not that is the only other thing I would suggest doing besides what lady-glow and shell1982 have already stated.
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
I would respectfully suggest that if you think something is moving on the edge of your vision but when you look right at it you don't see anything, it probably wasn't moving in the first place. Our eyes don't give us a faithful representation of the world, they rely a heck of a lot on computations done in our brains, and as a result they can very easily get things wrong. It was probably your eyes playing tricks on you.
The door could be opening for lots of reasons (a person or animal opening it on purpose, a faulty mechanism for clicking it shut, draughts, vibrations) so I wouldn't worry about that. Try shutting it and then pushing on it to see if it easily opens without turning the handle. My front door doesn't click shut properly and the wind has blown it open violently a few times, resulting in soiled underwear all round haha.
Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
lady-glow: That's probably what was going on with the cords, lol. I never thought of that. As for the door, I checked the hinges and nothing's rusty; I'm even more freaked now. Do you suppose if I oil them anyway it would quit opening randomly?

Scary567: I would ignore it, but it happens only when I least expect it.
scary567 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
I had the same thing with moving stuff last year but I just ignored it and now it dosen't happen, try it!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
Check the door hinges and latch bolt for dryness or rust; be sure nothing heavy is hanging on the door, like a bathrobe, purse, or anything that could compromise the alignment of the door to its frame.

As for the cords moving "on their own", who knows? -perhaps it was the ghost kitty playing with them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: