You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Smokey Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Smokey Room

 

I guess my first post on here will be a relatively long one as there is so much to say but I will try and keep it as short and interesting as possible.

To begin with I think its best to say that I and my mum are both mediums who live in the same household. My mother is more active than me in her practices and gives regular tarot readings to people who have been coming back to her for years. So it's safe to say our home is kind of a hot bed of paranormal activity.

Over the years there have been many "bumps in the night" so to speak of, and strange happenings.

It was at a young age my mum realised I was also gifted like her - it happened when I was only 5 years old. I had an obsession with the film 101 Dalmatians and, as a surprise, my father was planning on stopping by a friend's house whose dog had recently had a litter of Dalmatian puppies. My mother turned to me and asked, "Do you know where were going?" and without hesitation I replied, "Yes, we're going to see the puppies". My parents' jaws dropped and could not figure out how I instinctively knew where we were going. It was from then on that they knew there'd be interesting encounters to prepare for.

The encounter that this story is related to happened to me in the late summer this year.

I was sitting on the sofa one afternoon after a rather active night of doors being slammed, light bulbs bursting and hearing footsteps coming from the landing upstairs when I kept sensing there was a presence in the house. I smelt this strange burning aroma. A few minutes after this smell had subsided, this trail of blue smoke entered the living, and it went up the stairs and congregated on the landing at the top of the stairs.

I ran up there assuming I had left my straighteners on or something, but when I got to the top of the stairs the smoke seemed to evaporate into thin air although no window or door was open for it to move to?

In a panic I called mum and told her what had happened and how I could not figure out what happened but felt very on-edge. We called in an electrician to check all the appliances and plugs to eliminate the worry that it may have been electronic related problem for our own peace of mind and safety. The electrician could not find anything wrong.

To this day I have no idea what happened that afternoon and have been unable to find an answer. If anyone has an idea of what this could be I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, UndisclosedWiccan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

UndisclosedWiccan (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-08)
Miracles - Yeh definitely, I know what you mean. Its so nice to see and read other peoples beliefs and ideas. I think that's the whole basis of spirituality though, the freedom to understand the universe in your own way.

The visitor hasn't been back since, my assumption is that it was just an unhappy entity passing through. We have had a relatively quiet household since Christmas tbh! Its nice to enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
UndisclosedWiccan - this is why I like this site. There are so many people with a wide variety of opinions and theories, as well as personal experiences. As for your experience, I believe you would know whether or not it was your mom's energy so... Not your mom ๐Ÿ˜Š

And since you felt negativity from whomever it was, I hope they don't pay you another visit. Still, I do hope you eventually are able to figure out who it was. Although there are some mysteries that are destined to remain just that.
UndisclosedWiccan (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
Miracles - Personally, I do not believe this was my mums energy. It had a very negative aura about it - and tbh my feeling and intuition I had at the time wasn't pleasant. It was an unwelcome house guest! One that has never returned thankfully. And my mums energy is definitely not negative.
However it is an interesting theory though and I'm glad you mentioned it:)

Although personally I do not subscribe to the residual energy theory - but again this is just my personal belief. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-01-05)
UndisclosedWiccan - you know, I have this habit (sometimes a bad one ๐Ÿ˜‰) of thinking and speaking without putting a whole lot of thought into it and this is going to be one of those cases, so feel free to ignore this if you want ๐Ÿ˜†

We all have energy, right? So I wonder if it's possible that you could have seen your mom's energy? This could be a rhetorical question because I really don't know. I know that living people leave a residual energy because there are many cases of people being seen someplace where they weren't and it wasn't a case of mistaken identity. So why not? Why couldn't you have seen your mom's energy?
UndisclosedWiccan (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-05)
Miracles51031 - It's actually rather funny that you say that because my Mother often has the tendency to make herself the centre of attention in the majority of social situations. And can be very dramatic, and always playing the victim! However, the amount of "visitors" we have - it would be near impossible to narrow it down to a selected few. ๐Ÿ˜œ
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-01-05)
UndisclosedWiccan - you mentioned to RedWolf that you think this one was a bit dramatic and wanted to make an entrance. Does this remind you or your mom of anyone in life? Maybe it'll come to you and you'll finally figure out who it was. Could be someone you knew in life, or just someone who just came for readings ๐Ÿ˜Š
UndisclosedWiccan (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-05)
Miracles51031 - Thanks for your input on this experience:) I think it was a visitor too.

SupWolfPup96 - In answer to your question, no we had not changed anything in the house. No walls, no lighting, literally nothing. It was very strange.

RedWolf - Thanks also! We definitely know how to cope with spirits coming and going. But I think this particular one was probable a bit dramatic, and wanted to maybe make an entrance. Just a theory anyway:)
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
UndisclosedWiccan
I agree with Miracles51031 & SupWolfPup96 it was probably just a spirit passing through. Possibly the spirit wanted to give your mother a message but as she wasn't home it left. You are going to have to learn how to cope with spirits coming and going as your gift grows. With 2 mediums in the same house there probably be more activity then before. ๐Ÿ˜†
Regards
Red
SupWolfPup96 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
I would probably go along with Miracles51031 on a visitor because of the residual energy you probably give off. Although I would like to ask if you had changed anything in the house like new lighting or taking down a wall of some sort, you know some sort of construction. I speak from experience when I say that those kind of things can stir up some real activity.

Thank you for sharing you awesome experience! ๐Ÿ˜
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
UndisclosedWiccan - my first thought was, and still is, the blue smoke was a visitor. Maybe someone who was just passing through or it could have just as easily been someone who was drawn in by the energy you and your mom put out.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us ๐Ÿ˜Š

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: