You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Silhouette Of An Unknown

Real Ghost Stories

A Silhouette Of An Unknown

 

The reason I registered in this website was a long conversation between me and a friend about Malaysian ghosts that I'll not talk about now at this moment, but Google send me here due to lots of Malaysian horror stories. I still didn't read them, though I'm searching on it. But the weird part is I saw a user (not going to mention name in here) wrote one story that has two incidents has happened to her that are similar to what had happened to me long time ago.

When I came across this user's post I started to rethink about it again as if it might not be a coincidence after two people having the (80% almost) similar incidents and each happened far away! I'll share just one of those two for now due to my lack of time, but might share the other one later as of a mini story.

Ten years ago my family and I moved to a new bigger house with bigger rooms for all of us, a family of five, just before my brother and sister come back from outside the country after finishing college, for them to get a place to put all their new stuff.

It has been a week now of settling in this house, and before we fill the rooms and corridors with our personified decorations of passions and hobbies, just installed the beds in the room and I had my bed at the side which the room door in front of it.

I was asleep in the room and suddenly I woke up (but it wasn't my decision) to find a tall silhouette of a person just standing in front of the room door that it was directly facing me. My body was paralyzed, I couldn't even blink my eyes nor speak! I was just trying to scream at this thing and trying to move my hands to throw something at it, but couldn't for a while, until I think maybe it was my adrenaline rush or whatever that made me just suddenly start to be able to scream again. And from how hard I was pushing, but couldn't move, I suddenly started to move so I kind of jumped on the bed while I was lying down still! Nobody was at home this time, so I drank some water and calmed myself to sleep.

After two days from the same week it happened to me again and this time for a longer period of time. But this time I was less shocked than before but more angry at this thing, and I was concentrating at trying to make myself move a little so I could throw anything at it but with no success. The weird thing is that it wasn't doing no harm to me at all! Like just staring at me, not even moving himself and that what's making me take it easy a little. It was just a silhouette with nothing to describe it, a black space taking the dark-grey darkness of the room, on a shape of somewhat human body but with a head taller than us (it's like a person wearing a hoodie) and with a thing body.

After two weeks from this, my brother came from outside after finishing the college. So we talked about that and he said that this thing was something called "Al Raaboos" (it's an Arabic name) and that it's a creature that just lay down on your chest and paralyze you, while it takes a little bit of your soul (or whatever else it takes. I don't remember, and I don't care). So after I gave him a pack of Panadol and convinced him to take it on a daily basis MY TREAT! I went to speak with my parents about this. My mom told me that her mom told her about something called (Ahl Al Bayt) translated from Arabic, the closest to that in English is (the residents of the house) which they start to do that sometimes when new human residents live in the house, it's like they are the residents of the same house but in another dimension! And they still didn't felt comfortable about us residing the house yet, thus they try to come to see us so that they either don't like us or get used to us and everything gets back to normal.

After another week or so it happened to me again, but it was very, very fast, and my brother woke up at my sound as he said that I was cursing someone with anger. At this time, in order to fight my fear, and also see what's the worst that could happen, I started to sleep placing my head at the direction of where the creature came (slept upside down the bed, replaced myself by putting my head on the place that my feet used to be and my feet at the place of my head used to be) and I kept sleeping that way until we moved on for normal reasons (found a better house after 5 years or so) and nothing happened after my last decision.

While I shrugged off both stories and thought to believe that I either ate a lot those nights before I sleep, or I was not yet adapting to the new house or whatever, until I read the user's story about the similar thing that happened to her (in this website by the way).

Again paranormal Experts/Practitioners/ Experienced people what is your say on this? Other commenters are welcome as well, of course!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BasSilLeosS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BasSilLeosS (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
Melodies of Roses: that was an awful experience you had, are you still having it currently?
While both your story and mine have the same character, yet my dark man was a little bit shy!

Thanks for the email offer, the thing is; I don't chat a lot online, but i'm already waiting for you to share the stories, you're going to my favorite writers list right now rose!
Melodies_Of_Roses (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-05)
well the same sorta thing happened to me 3 times. 1) I was pinned and couldn't scream or move but saw the dark figure on me. My dog didn't even respond and she was next to me. 2) I gave in an saw visions. 3) A man in a hoodie was behind me holding my shoulders and talking to me I was answering without my permission. I can't recall what we said only his warning. But I still see him in my dreams but he warns me or protects me but I know the rules. I was going to post my stories but can't cause to many people posted lately but feel free to email me if you wish
BasSilLeosS (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
it's a very interesting opinion Cancan!, i'm sure going to have my search on Astral projection.

But even so; all people goes to the other world, just to find the same person again and again!, and sitting there starring at us not even speaking anything!?, I know some kind of people does that in "our" world, go to a bar and just watch this weirdo who goes in the shadow watching cute girls from a far and having his pervert laugh on his face!

I think it has to be something else
Cancan (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
Sounds a little to me like astral projection. Its where your soul leaves your body and your able to see things you can not in our world. Lot of people do it on their own decision, but looks like its being forced on you
BasSilLeosS (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
scientifically speaking it is true, and I shrugged it all off, but what about the dark figure? - especially when a lot of people saw it in some of their sleep paralysis experiences other than me, is the question

Thanks for both comments above
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
BasSilLeosS - I definitely agree with BadJuuJuu. It sounds like sleep paralysis to me as well.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
BasSilLeosS (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
minor fixes and edits:
- some people call it (Al Raboos) but its famous with the name (Al Jathoom)
- instead of "Thing body" it meant to be "a thin body"

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: