You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Yogurt Trip Gone Bad

Real Ghost Stories

Yogurt Trip Gone Bad

 

Our house growing up was not necessarily haunted but my family members were always having strange experiences from time to time that lead us to wonder if we were a little more perceptive than the average joe as far as the supernatural. We were the only family who lived in the house we grew up in so there were no residual entities that I knew about. Leading me to believe that we are just prone to experience things outside of the normal.

When my youngest brother was about 7 years old he had walked into the kitchen to get a yogurt snack. I remember the yogurt snacks because they were those pricey yogurts in a plastic package that you could squeeze out and eat without a spoon. My younger brother was gone a few minutes and we thought nothing of this because he probably got side tracked. Suddenly he was running back in utter terror into the back bedroom where my other brother and myself were sitting and screamed that the cabinet doors had been slamming open and shut while he was in the kitchen.

My brother and myself had heard something slam repeatedly while my younger brother was out of the room but being that he was about 7 years old we just assumed he dropped something or couldn't find was he was looking for.

My brother and me were not afraid of much except our parents arguing (they divorced shortly thereafter) and decided to check out the kitchen. Of course we took our baseball bats and guard dog Bogie because you have to go armed into dangerous situation. Looking back on this I guess the extra emotional atmosphere probably added strength to whatever it was that wanted our attention. This was in the middle of the day and it was bright outside (not scary) so we went back into the kitchen and could find nothing out of place.

My little brother swears he saw those cabinets open and close but with no evidence we couldn't prove anything other than of course that he was a dork.

Other hauntings by bogienova

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bogienova, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Gogurt! That's what they were called!? I could not for the life of me remember that.
Tabby_Cat (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
Wow! Your stories are so funny no matter how much torture the other person seems to be going through! All he wanted was a Gogurt! (I believe that's what they're called)
sweet_girl (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
Oh your poor brother. 😢

But a nicely written story.

Take care. 😊

****Be Happy! Spread Smiles!****
frypan100 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
Great story. I can't believe your brother is STILL a dork! Thats awesome! After the things I've seen I believe him 100%

Thanks
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-05)
haha love your stories, Very well written...you're poor brother, the little dork! 😜
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-15)
Hey Bogie, I'm sorry your brother is a dork! Anyway, if he remains adamant about what happened I am inclined to believe what he told you, especially since you and your brother heard the slamming as well.
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
Thank you so much KimSouth0! What a compliment! 😆 ❤ And for Meg, He might have been playing a prank but he has kept it up for twenty years now so... He is still a dork though... 😜
meg (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
Yeah,that was pretty funny! Your brother may have been playing a trick on you, knowing full well you thought he was a dork! Ha ha
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
another wonderfuly colorful story.

you should really think about writing professionaly. You have a talent.

thanks for sharing.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: