You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Missing Money

Real Ghost Stories

Missing Money

 

We've lived in the same house for about twelve years now. We're a family of five. It's my father, mother, my two sisters and I.

My dad's a big time money saver, he loves saving his money. He puts his money in envelopes and organizes it by 100s, 50s, and 20s. And he counts the amount of money in each envelope and writes it on the envelope. He counts it, my mom counts it, and I count it just to be sure of the amount. He seals them shut, and he used to just keep the envelopes of money in his dresser. BUT then when he needed money, he opened his envelope of 100s and there was $200 missing! Now let me be clear, the envelope was still sealed shut, never open, but the money was missing. So my dad just thought one of us kids was stealing his money. Even though the envelope wasn't open!

Now maybe another six months passed, and he opened a envelope and more money was missing. Envelope was NEVER opened, we counted the money, and only the 100s go missing.

It's been five years and money still goes missing. My dad eventually started putting the envelopes of money in a box with a lock on it inside of his closet, and the only key for the lock is on his car keys. So when my dad needed money again he got the envelope, opened it up, counted it, and more money was missing! And again it's only 100s that go missing.

We don't know the cause. We've seen stuff in our house, heard stuff, had our own experiences, and there's this story of our houses being built over an Indian cemetery, but we just don't know for certain what it is. The money just disappears, it's gone, and we never see it again. We've lost more than a couple thousand by this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoniahCano, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mitch2021 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-03-09)
This thing is what exactly happened to me. It started way back 2018. And first it started missing from my wallet. I like to carry cash just in case and the 100$ bills are the ones that disappeared. My husband and I bought owned a safe. I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS THE COMBINATION, and MY HUSBAND AND I AGREED TO THIS. MY HUSBAND WHO WORKS AND THE MAJOR EARNER GIVES ME THE MONEY FOR SAFE KEEPING. I work as a writer and what I get paid stays in our bank account. WE ARE THE ONLY 2 LIVING TOGETHER AT HOME. Don't get me wrong, we have money in the bank in both checking and savings account. We have debit cards as well. But I don't like to put everything in the bank and I feel safe having a pile of cash at home.

Same as your Dad. I am a big saver. I put different denominations in an envelope in amounts of thousands. Then put them in the safe. I put the date when I last counted them. ONLY THE 100$ BILLS ARE MISSING! I lost thousands but everything in the safe is still there. ONE INCIDENT IN 2018, ANOTHER IN 2019 AND THEN, NOW. My husband and I are so Discouraged and there's no logical way this can be explained. This must be the work of an entity.

And from what I've researched so far, there are witch doctors who employ entities to steal money from others. This is quite rampant in other cultures. Now I'm contemplating if I need a Shaman's services for clearing and for protection. I am not keeping anymore 100$ bills and exchanged what's left into 20$ bills before all of our hard earned cash disappears!

Would love some comment or feedback or suggestions. I literally just signed up to comment on this thread because it is similar to what I'm experiencing. And putting this out there helps me to move on...
Toranlakshmee (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-26)
Now, you may call me crazy but I have the solution for all of your problems!
Good old fashioned garlic, before you get all skeptical TRY IT.
Just place a few cloves of garlic into your wallet, it's that simple. Try to keep it as 'natural' as possible, meaning, don't peel it or cut off any growing bits you may see just leave it the way it is and watch the magic of money staying where you leave it.
Old South Indian trick.;) we go through missing money ALL THE TIME... BUT NOT ANYMORE!;)
P.s. You're welcome:) xoxxo
hoodooit (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
This has been happening to me for over six months. People think you're crazy, you're being stolen from, you're mistaken somehow, but I swear, I have had cash bills vanishing from my wallet for months. I've tried tying it closed and clipping the bills with paper clips. I've tried changing the wallet. I write notes with how much there is. I fold the bills is different ways... All to make it difficult for something paranormal to remove any, but somehow, 1, 2 or even 3 bills will disappear. 1s, 5s, 10s, 20s. I've not felt anything abnormal in the house and I'm quite sure it's happened to me outside of the home too. It doesn't happen to my husband's money, just mine. It happens mostly during night but also during daytime. I have to find a way to stop it. I thought it had stopped for a few weeks recently, but the other day and last night, it happened again. I am positive that my husband isn't taking it. There have been times he wasn't even here. If anyone can help me, PLEASE let me know!
Aomni (1 stories) (19 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
I have to say that if it was my money after the second or third time this happened I wouldn't keep putting money in envelopes anymore. Now he has lost more than a couple thousand dollars and i'm guessing he still puts money in envelopes. This may sound harsh but at this point he almost deserves to have the money go missing.
glesgaboy (24 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-03)
How many people know about the money?
Where it is kept. How much is being sealed in the envelopes etc...
Are the envelopes the same type used each time and are there more easily accessible in a drawer or cupboard someplace?
I would suggest that you and you alone confide with your father to somehow secretly mark the envelopes (invisible ink comes to mind).
Then the next time money is sealed in an envelope, and, if some of it goes missing, you can check the secret markings.
It is difficult to unseal and re-seal an envelope without detection although not impossible with extreme care.
If the markings are gone then you can narrow it down to "human" tampering.
GB.
tinohoang (13 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-03)
set up camera. If money is still there and nothing is on camera. One of the family members is taking the money, resealing the left over money in a new envelope with the previous amount written on it to make it look like nothing happened. Thieves always find a way to make it look like nothing happened.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
SoniahCano,
I don't know if this will help but if it's just a mischievous spirit tell it to give the money back. Don't expect it to miraculously to be put back in the envelops, though it just might. After a day or so look for the money in weird places such as the lint trap of your dryer, inside books etc. You may not get it all back but what you do get back put it in the bank.
I have one question and it's a serious one. You say that your father lost thousands of dollars, now the only reason I can think that he would hide the money in envelopes is he was hiding it from someone else. Who would that be?
prateek-soni (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-31)
i also agree with bizzjoe and bad juujuu depositing the money in bank account will me more safe and after depositing the money in bank write "yolo nigga" in a paper and keep it inside that box hope that will help you and your dad.
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
Spirits stealing money is actually quite prevalent in certain parts of the world, and reading your story I can't dismiss outright as just conincidence.

As for the question as to what a spirit would do with money? Well it's not the spirit but rather a human being who practices black magic or has a 'familiar' that does the stealing for him/her. There have been cases where such persons have been known to conjure money from apparently nowhere. So where did it come from?

Some cultures actually take certain precautions (such as uttering an invocation or prayer for protection) before putting money away at home. Because of the fact that a mischievous or malevolent spirit might steal it. I've seen this from experience.

Just thought I'd share it!
ngute801 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
Val- I have never thought of that before and it makea a lot of sense. Thank you I learned something new 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
val - it's funny you should have posed that question because I was planning on titling my experience "What Do Ghosts Need Money For Anyway?" That's what my daughter has asked me each time money has disappeared from our home 😆
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
Hmmm...Soniah, just for the sake of simplicity, let's say that it was some paranormal entity taking your Dad's money, that leaves us with one question: what would the paranormal need with money? They certainly have no bills to pay or do shopping. However, still going with paranormal here, there is an 'ulterior' motive that comes from an old legend I heard as a child. According to this legend some spirits act like Robin Hood, if you will. Taking from those who had to give to those with a desperate need. Now, since Dad is in a habit of putting money in envelopes and not touching them for months on end, it's readily seeable that he has no urgent need of it. So maybe, the 'spirit' or whatever, feels it's quite alright to do so.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
I'll chime in with Miricles on the believing end here; this actually isn't the first time I've read a story similar to this. I don't personally have any advice or thoughts worth entertaining on the matter, but I imagine if you search the sight a bit you'll find other stories that match this. And from what I recall, there were some interesting points made on the comment sections of those stories.
I also would agree with convincing your dad to try a bank, at least you can get the money reimbursed if they misplace it;)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
myworstnightmare - I'm not answering for the o/p, but I do have an answer. If this is something paranormal, then there might not be a logical explanation for it. You can live in the same house for 20 years and have no "ghostly" experiences and then all of a sudden activity occurs. I don't think rules or logic apply to ghosts 😊
my_worst_nightmare (4 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
If you lived in that house for12 years then how come it didn't happen then but happened now? 😐 😕
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
Gotta agree with bizzjoe. A bank is a much more secure way to save money, and savings accounts accrue interest. Envelopes don't. 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
SoniahCano - guess I'm going to have to be on the opposite side of ngute here since I've also found myself on the receiving end of the "missing money", albeit on a much smaller scale. One day I plan on submitting those experiences LOL

I can't speak for your family members, just my own. But since I know my family didn't take the money missing from my home, and I expect people to believe me when I say that, I'm going to take you at your word that you know your family didn't take the money.
kariorit (1 stories) (23 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
Or maybe just quit putting one hundred dollar bills in the envelopes?
ngute801 (6 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
Maybe...someone in your family is stealing the money and replacing the envelopes every time they open them to take the money. About your dad putting them in a locked box... Maybe someone is simply getting ahold of the key on your dads keychain when he is sleeping or unaware. If someone is intent on stealing they will find a way... Trust me. Even if you think or "swear" nodody in your family would do that, it doesn't mean you should rule them out and think its something paranormal. And about your house being built on top of an Indian cemetary... Everyone and their mamma thinks or suspects their house is built over and Indian burial ground if anything slightly paranormal goes on in their house. I wish you the best and hope everything works out.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+6
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
Go to the bank, open an account, lodge the money... And stop all this nonsense about putting money in envelopes...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: