You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted In Vermont

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted In Vermont

 

Recently I have moved 1000 miles away from where this is happening, but my coworker and close friend is still having experiences with this.

Not too long ago I lived in Vermont and worked for a property management company. I worked in an area with a lot of tourists and obviously ski mountains. So, I worked as a housekeeper and property manager at the same time. There were about 100 houses that we checked and kept accounts on and several we cleaned.

Several of them may have been haunted, but one in particular is the oddest of them all. In this house, my coworker and I were working downstairs and we thought someone had come in. It sounded like someone in heavy boots was knocking them off so we ran upstairs to see who it was. No one was there, but it sounded like there were boots being kicked off upstairs. We checked the garage and driveway, no one had pulled up, so no one could be upstairs. As this was a new account, we shrugged it off to the house settling and went back downstairs to clean.

A few minutes later we heard what sounded like something heavy being thrown against a wall and boots being knocked off. We ran upstairs to see if anything had happened, and nothing was there. So we set up a recorder (on my phone) and went back downstairs.

We stayed down there while the recorder was on upstairs and it sounded like boots at first, then something being thrown against the wall a few times, then boots. It went quiet so my coworker and I started to go back upstairs. As we reached the steps, the crashing started again, then stopped. I continued upstairs with my coworker following reluctantly behind. Nothing was moved upstairs. I checked the recording and it had picked up the noise on my phone.

The next time my coworker was cleaning there with the new girl and she filmed where she thought the noise was coming from, and the other corner as well. In the corner and the fireplace in the video is a pulsing shadow that stops when the noises start then starts pulsing again when the noises stop. It covers about 10-12 feet from the ceiling to the floor in that corner while the other corner is empty.

I was wondering if anyone has any similar experiences, or might know what is going on with this as my coworker is still working there and is being frightened by it.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Vermont

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lostmaplegirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HelvaTPB (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-13)
Used to work in real estate and e had a couple of properties where odd things happened on the books. Is it possible that the listing is a deceased estate? Also, I'd be checking the history of the place, because repeated identical incidents sound like an echo of a past event.
my_worst_nightmare (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-08)
i used to live in vermont but I lived in winnooski what part of vermont was it? 😕 #vermont ❤
twelveam (74 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-03)
WOW LOSTMAPLEGIRL, THAT IS A TRULY INTERESTING STORY! I must say, I have never heard of a shadow pulsating like that, especially attached to the timing of the sounds you heard. My first guess would be that it's residual in nature but having a shadow appearing at the same time makes me think differently. I would start by trying to research the history of the house and location to see if there may be a connection. I would also attempt to debunk the scenario by possibly "ruling out" anything by looking at other factors that may be contributing or causing this for example; any sort of inside or outside noise and visual causes making this happen. Good luck with finding the truth!
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
What a great idea! To record all of this. Do you have the film available for viewing?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: