You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Sister's Friend's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister's Friend's Ghost

 

I wasn't one to believe in the paranormal at all. Since this weird encountering it hasn't left my mind since.

Years ago when I was about eight to ten (I cannot remember), a close friend of my sister's thought her life was that bad (personal reasons) and hanged herself. It took me weeks or month to get over it as she lived in our house (she moved out of her old house). It was a devastating moment for the whole family. I was crying every single night not knowing what do with myself. I cried in school every day, holding back tears and I had to go to some counseling for a short period of time. It was that bad at the young age I was. I'm not a Christian, and I don't have any sort of religion besides an atheist but I do believe in after-life and ghosts.

Anyways, I was in my bedroom with my door open and my sister was in her bedroom. I was sat on the sofa facing the open door when the attic door suddenly flew right open. It was weird as the attic door was wired up and locked until you either wanted to get into the attic or cut the wires free. It was one hundred percent locked. It was so freaky, I couldn't even describe how still I was. This was a couple days after her passing, and days of bawling. I think she was sending a message saying, "It's okay."

This wasn't the only thing that happened. My sister was at work until midnight, me and my brothers were at school, and my dad was at work (not coming home until 9PM and there would be no way of him getting home as he works a long distance away and my mum had the car), my mum needed to go shopping for some supplies for the week. He locked all of the windows and closed them, followed by the doors and left the house. When she got back, however, all the windows and doors inside the house were open. When my mum told me I got really freaked.

That's only SOME of my many experiences with ghosts, but I know I shouldn't be scared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thelittlee103, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gamerx (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-09)
As a part of this website I respect your story but to me it just looked like you are telling me the story of a ghost movie 😕
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-01-08)
Hahiha, what the OP meant is the suicide occurred while she was living with them.
Hahiha (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-08)
thelittlee103,

One thing I do not understand is that you say, "a close friend of my sister's thought her life was that bad (personal reasons) and hanged herself. It took me weeks or month to get over it as she lived in our house" so how I understand it is that she hung herself and then moved in with you. Can someone please explain? 😕
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
thelittlee103,
Suicide is difficult to accept at any age and often quite traumatic. You were very fortunate to receive grief counseling in order to aid you in coming to terms with it. Was it the spirit of your sister's friend opening the attic door? No one can say 100% for sure, but in my opinion if you believe it was then odds are it was. Did she have a 'thing' for the attic? Or do you associate her with the attic door for some reason?
I feel impelled to let you know, just because you are not a Christian, does not mean you are necessarily an atheist either. Most atheists believe you live and then die - period. There is no 'higher being' then ourselves, no after life, nothing. By the same token not all who believe in God, or another supreme being are Christians. For some reason I felt I needed to share that with you. *shrug* Maybe the attic door was a sign meant for you - there's more to this life than we know.
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
To OP: I have an issue with the wording - " I do not have any sort of religion other than atheist". Atheist is NOT a religion, it is a complete lack thereof. Please, for the sake of reason, do not mix terms agnostic with atheist, they are not the same. If you were an atheist, you probably would have refused to accept ghosts as an option. You are not Christian, you do not actively hold up any belief yet you believe in ghosts - I would settle for term agnostic for you.;) Just a heads-up.
spiritwolfdancer (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
Brilliant story, thanks for sharing it, really scary when it happens to you and so hard to explain just how scary it was at the time. You can also do without the rude comment from cooldude. Please post more of your amazing experences. 😁
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
Thanks, Dwelly, for standing up for thelittlee103. Anyone who posts a story that he or she sincerely believes is real should at least be afforded the basic respect we all want for ourselves.

I realize that when a reader holds firm religious beliefs, it's difficult not to express them; but this is not a forum for religious discussions. Let's make everyone, of every faith background or no faith background, feel safe to post here. And Cooldude6919, no one can be "cool" and rude at the same time.
dwelly (7 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
thelittlee103, I'd ask your mom if the whole doors/windows thing was truthful or if she was just messing with you. When I was 8-10, my parents messed with me all the time trying to scare me. If it's that close to when something traumatic happened, though, I doubt it was made up. But, you never know, and it's always good to debunk things first.

As for the situation with the attic, it could have been an issue with the locking mechanism. Obviously I'm not sure how the lock of your attic works, but it's always a possibility. There could have been vibrations going through the house from a passing truck that may have caused the lock to open. It's easy to forget small details like that over a period of time.

Of course, there's also the chance that the situation was paranormal. If it truly was, then I'd say there's nothing to worry about. It can take a while for spirits to pass on, so it very well may have been your friend's ghost. Either way, I wish you the best of luck in figuring it out <3

As for the previous two people who left comments, I don't mean to reprimand anyone, but I feel the need to say this. First of all, not everyone believes in god, so I'd suggest that you keep that in mind before pushing beliefs onto others. The world is a diverse place, and people from all over the world post their stories here. Additionally, there's absolutely no reason to comment if all you're going to say is "blah, blah, this story isn't real." If it isn't real, who is it hurting? But if it is real, you're being rude to someone who genuinely needs help. Again, I'm really not trying to tell either of you how to explore this site, but remember that you are talking to real people here. They have feelings, and they deserve respect.
Cooldude6919 (3 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
Blah blah blah I do not think that this is a real story
Bye
Bye!
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
Pardon me, but saying you believe in afterlife and ghosts, but are an atheist is akin to saying you believe in water, but not oxygen. One simply cannot exist without the other.
God is far more real than ghosts. Seek and ye shall find.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: