You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunting at Reed Candle Factory

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting at Reed Candle Factory

 

My aunt works at Reed Candle factory and has many stories to tell about her experiences there. She told us that one time, she was in a room of the factory working the machines, when she heard the sound of a man whispering, even though at the time, she was alone in the room. Another time, my aunt told me that when she went to work (it was an early shift so it was only her and another woman there), she was working the machines when she looked up and saw the figure of a man in the factory, but it was only the shadow, not the details and everything so she could not really distinguish him very well. She didn't describe him but she did say the they are pretty sure that the founder, Peter Reed, still visits the factory, and my aunt is also pretty sure that the man she saw was the founder. Another time, she was in the factory when she could sense someone watching her from somewhere, although my aunt looked around, the other workers were working and didn't seem to notice the very heavy but pleasant presence (the way she described it) somewhere there.

Also my aunt told me that, one time, she was working when she felt a cold chill pass through her, although the central heating was on at the time and there were no windows open in the factory. I think that along like everybody else, it is indeed the founder, Peter Reed, still visiting his beloved factory, and that he is harmless, which is why my aunt told us that she was used to all those happenings and that they no longer bother her but give her pleasure. Well, that's all she said. If you could give me some feedback of what YOU think it is, please feel free to leave me a comment.

with all due respect and your friend,

Janice D.

Other hauntings by Janice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

mariaelena1947 (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-06)
Janice, I chose to believe your story. I myself work for Reed Candle and surprisingly enough I think there is a presence there. I think it is Papa Reed and he enjoys coming back to see his place and employees which I'm sure he misses.
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear janice,

It is always good to do a check ones life's work. It is said that some people prefer to work for their entire lives and at times have even done so even after death. It seems that these things happen due to one's devotion to their work and workplace. I liked the story very much.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
ozonalions (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
that is sooooooooo creapy! But he won't hurt anyone! But that adds a touch to the candles! Lol

Lauren ❤ ❤
chema7 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
what year did this ghost appear? Are you sure it is the senior Peter Reed and not one of his workers that used to work for him. There are spirits who while on earth had the best times at a certain place and maybe this spirit enjoyed working there and longs to be there. Just because one owns a place does not make it a sure thing that one will haunt it too.
jamiekcheer (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-19)
That's awesome that he is still visiting his beloved factory and NO he is not dangerous. You would be able to feel an oppressive weight.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: