You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Is The Kiss From?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Is The Kiss From?

 

This is going to be a really short story, but I'm very curious, so here it goes.

One early morning, I was sleeping. I woke up to the sound of my door opening, I didn't open my eyes because I thought it was mom who was checking up on me. I felt the presence coming closer and closer, but the whole time I didn't hear any footsteps. I continued to close my eyes, thinking that it was my mom. It touched my cheeks and patted my head with its cold hands and kissed me on the cheek before walking away. When I try to reach out to what I thought was my mother's hand, I didn't reach out to anything, but air. I opened my eyes and looked around my room. No one was there, I checked the time and it was 5 am. Somehow I managed to fall back to sleep until my mom woke me up.

Immediately, I asked her if she went into my room and gave me a kiss. She said no. I questioned her about dad, if my dad entered my room to give me a kiss on the cheek. But my mother said my dad was afraid of waking me up so he didn't enter my room at all. I looked into my mom and said, "You're not joking right? You seriously didn't enter my room and gave me a kiss?" She replied, "I'm not joking. I didn't give you a kiss on the cheek." I froze in confusion because there's only 3 family members in the house.

Now, I'm wondering who's the kiss from? And why am I not scared by it? I mean I should be because it's a random kiss from nowhere. I wasn't scared at all when it happened. I was positively sure it wasn't my mom or my dad because it happened again at night when I just fell asleep. At that time, the last person that went to bed was me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smile_is_beauty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ceciline (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-14)
Well that's definitely creepy, id say, but the fact that this presence simply kisses you on the cheek is also sweet in a way. In my opinion anyways. Maybe it's just a ghost that has taken a liking to you.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-13)
Hi smile_is_beauty, welcome to YGS. I feel like aussiedaz and shakeandbake6 and others that it might be one your departed family members or friends, who passed on and just wanted to express their affection to you. If you could remember any of your grandparents, if they have passed on and who were quite affectionate towards you, perhaps one of them might have visited you.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-01-10)
Not to stir up the drama pot, but plenty of studies have supported the fact that people experiencing puberty, sleep deprivation, trauma, pregnancy, and the in-between sleep-waking state have a higher likelihood of seeing "paranormal" things. So do people of particular mindsets and personality types and religions, of course. Now, whether people see these things due to a biological state making them susceptible to seeing the spirit world or merely hallucinating, or even both, no one can say with 100% certainty. Personally, I enrolled in a test program regarding hypnosis and hallucination. Given my spiritual and personal standings, I was rated to be ~99% susceptible to suggestion and hypnosis. But the actual tests showed that I wasn't susceptible to hypnosis in the slightest and approached every experience with a logical outlook. Boy, were the researchers baffled.

In any case, in response to this short post, I am in agreement with those who b elieve it may have been a recently deceased loved one. Or who knows, it may have been an angel. In any case, it sounds like a nice presence. 😊
Caralotte (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-09)
Have you thought of your Grand Mother? They are good for that. I have a female spirit that caresses my arms and plays with my hair on rare occassions. I have even seen my hair move a few times. I feel that she is just a sweet lady. Maybe I remind her of a Family member. Don't know but I don't feel that she is one of my Family members but she is loving, I can feel that much.
Narella (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-08)
Where is the research that says people are not more receptive to the paranormal when in that state?
infiltrating_sun (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
First off, there is no research that I can find of people being more receptive to the paranormal while sleeping.

Secondly, I think you weren't scared because there is nothing to be scared of here. Not every encounter with a ghost has to be a horrifying experience.

Thirdly, I believe that a family member who had recently passed or was just now going to cross over came to you to say one final goodbye. Anywho, I wouldn't worry about it.
Narella (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
I enjoyed reading your story. You may never know who did it. I do think Shakeandbake6 is right about being more receptive to the paranormal in that twilight state.
shakeandbake6 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
I agree with aussiedaz, it was most likely a departed family member or friend. A few years ago I went out with a guy on one date, and he was killed 3 months later in a horrific car accident. I awoke one night to him standing in my room and he kissed me before he left. Most likely you experienced it because you were in between the state of being asleep and awake.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
It may well be a departed family member who kissed you on the cheek, I lost my niece some years ago and she did the same thing to me... I think who ever this was, saw an opportunity to make this connection with you whilst you probably was in a temporary receptive state of mind putting it shortly...I'm thinking the pat on the head may well represent an elder perhaps a grandparent? If you have lost one, it's a very good chance it was one of them and I'd say it's their way of letting you know there watching over you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: