You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Face In The Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Face In The Door

 

I was about 6 when I saw this face in the glass door on Christmas morning. My old house was always spooky and I would also hear and see the odd thing but I never thought I would see this face in the door.

At first I thought it was the reflection of lights hitting the door at the time until it started to move and form different faces in the door. It changed into different faces but the one it stuck to made me scared to move. It was an old man's face, with a big bushy mustache and piercing eyes that just stared at me for a couple of minutes. It looked like it was staring into my soul and I was too scared to move at this point.

After a couple of minutes the face turned away from staring at me and bolted up the stairs as soon as the front door opened. I felt like I was let free of its grasp and ran to tell me mum and dad what I saw. After searching the house, my parents found nothing that could have made me see that face. It just appeared out of nowhere and then vanished.

After this happened, my sister started drawing random faces and she just happened to draw the face I saw though the glass door and my parents where amazed.

Many things happened after this around the house and I felt like I was being watched all the time. That was until we moved and I felt happier and free to move around on my own.

I had many experiences in that house and around the outside of that house and I am now seeing and hearing things in the house I am living in now. The experiences are not as creepy as where I was living before but they are getting more scarier day by day and I know something is trying to get through to me.

I'm starting to see faces in doorways again and through the windows, I'm just praying I don't see the face I saw when I was younger.

Other hauntings by AlliciaJayne

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AlliciaJayne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AlliciaJayne (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
amberv, The faces changing thing has happened to me but not often, I just normally see faces lurking around
amberv (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
I have had that type of experience before but the only difference is that I can look at people and see their faces change to something/someone unrecognizable but I don't see it with everyone only some people or certain people (I'm still trying ti figure why I see these faces on actual living people and why they change) if I were I would not try to communicate with this being for the simple fact you never know what else lurking and wanting to get you it could be using this "bein" to gain your trust so that you can open that door, just be very careful I have learned the hard way in my past I will be praying for
AlliciaJayne (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-30)
When I lived in that house I always woke up with bruises and cuts going down my legs but I always put that down to restless sleeping. I was never physically harmed in the manner of broken bones though ❤
JaJaBinks (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-10)
I had a very similar experience on my 17th birthday. Two days later I was in hospital with a broken back, four broken ribs, fractured collarbone and a broken jaw after I was thrown down six flights of stairs by the poltergeist that had been stalking me. My first advice to you is DO NOT CONTACT IT without someone who can slam the door in its face if needed. Secondly watch your back, poltergeists are nasty, nasty spirits and if it is one it will not hesitate to rip you to shreds especially if you have done something to piss it off (even if you don't know what you've done to it). Thirdly, get a professional (and I stress the word PROFESSIONAL) to perform an exorcism. If the exorcism is not done correctly it will only piss the thing off more. Good luck, I'll be praying for you.
infiltrating_sun (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
First off, do not attempt to communicate with that spirit until you find someone who knows how to close the door that you opened by talking to it. The spirit might not be bad at all, but something you could let into your life by doing so could be. Now I ask the question how many people do you know that change the way their faces look like that?

This tells me this spirit is either extremely powerful- an indicator that it is bad but not always the case- or demonic in nature which I don't believe is the case here. As I posted to another person withan even scarier experience demons are savage, ruthless, and have a commitment to cause that defy description. You would have had more issues with it than you did and those issues would have most likely escalated to physical attacks.
Tresna (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
I can see most people here are saying not to communicate with this spirit and that this is probably a bad one, but I'm going to go ahead and disagree and say it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to them. I mean, at least tell them that you do not appreciate their antics and that you want them to stop it.
From what you've said, there isn't anything to suggest that this is someone bad. A couple of years ago I experienced some creepy happenings that scared me out of my wits at the time. I immediately told the spirit to get lost (and not in a very polite way, either) and they backed off. Later, I ended up talking to him and he turned out to be one of the most wonderful people I've ever met. I still talk to him, we're really good friends now.:)
But you don't have to be that man's friend if you don't want to, the most important thing is that you know you don't have to be afraid. You are not a victim, and don't let anyone fool you into thinking you are.
Aomni (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
I agree with Femaelstrom, trust your feelings because they are most often right. I would discourage attempting to communicate with them as well because that usually invites more and more to happen. However it appears to me that you may be more "in tune" with this and it could end up being inevitable that they begin communication with you. Good luck to you, keep us posted if anything happens that is worth mentioning.
MysteriousGuy (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
phew! I think you were born to see faces in the walls. Don't always forget to pray. God bless you and your family. 😉
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-05)
User1690, trying to communicate with unknown entities is a dangerous suggestion. AlliciaJane said it was 'terrifying', so MY thought is that the entity is NOT a nice, or even benign one.

Most folks don't grasp the inherent dangers of spirit communication. You can bring on long-term issues by attempting communication with the unknown. Equate it to being blind, and talking to strangers. Would you encourage that? Our senses can be fooled and dulled by our ignorance. Use extraordinary precautions with dealing with entities that we know nothing about, and use "gut" instincts. If you 'feel' terror/fear, etc, TRUST those feelings!
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
I'm guessing it was the face of Goofy who played Bob Marley's ghost--and the doorknocker-- in Disney's "A Christmas Carol"...?

On a more-serious note, ever wonder where Charles Dickens' got his ideas? I'd be willing to think he had some interesting experiences of his own which were the basis for that novel. As soon as you said it occurred on Christmas, I thought, 'wow, just like the story!' Perhaps you lived in a house that Mr Dickens, himself, had occupied. Food for thought. Do some research to see what you can discover.
User1690 (12 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
Greetings!

It could be something is trying to get your attention, see if you can communicate with the entity/spirit/force perhaps? You'll notice if its a negative entity/shadow/demonic force it may like to 'brag' about its intentions in order to try and scare you all the more. Setup some recording equipment around the house if you can, camcorders, audio recorders/etc and then check them later/the next day and see what you get by just having the equipment there. If you get activity then try communicating the next time you record, it could simply be that you need to be made aware of something and this is the best way, for you, to have it done. (You'd be surprised what some spirit guides will do to grab your attention)
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
Yikes that's creepy! I hope you see only the faces of handsome guys 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: