You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Running Shadow Dog

Real Ghost Stories

Running Shadow Dog

 

This happened to me, personally, when I was about 10 years old and it's something that I put in the back of my mind until recently because of a similar situation with my little sister. I woke up around 1:00am in my grandparent's home, where I lived at the time. There were no lights on in the room I was in, no night-light, no closet lights, etc. But there appeared to be some kind of shadow of a dog that was running in place on the wall in front of me. The figure of the dog reminded me of a German Shepherd or Wolf kind of dog.

As soon as I saw it, I was instantly terrified. I jumped out of the bed to go get my grandmother to see if she could somehow explain the shadow. But as I got out of bed, the fear intensified greatly which made me break out in a full run and as I got further from my room I felt like there was something chasing me. Once I hit my grandmother's room, the fear and the feeling of being chased disappeared.

When I tell people this story I always get the chills and goosebumps, even as I type this right now. I am Native American, and in my culture we strongly believe in spirit animals and guardian animals and to this day, this is the only time that I have ever been scared of a Wolf-like creature. They are usually very calming to me.

This experience only ever happened once and it has always been very confusing for me to understand. Does anyone have any idea what this could have been and why it could have happened? Even after tons of research, I can't find anything that could explain it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, madesinative, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CrystalLeo (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
Wow, this story is even giving me the goosebumps.
Some symbolysim of wolves are different than others. While most see the wolf symbol as being "loyal, caring, strong and powerful". There are also many symbols of the Wolf being a trickster, hunter, pest and even a demon animal.
There are instances where immages, forms or shadows of wolves or dogs usually mean that something bad is going to happen.
But other people also talk about shadows and forms of some dog or wolf is showing them the way, or rather guiding them.
Yet what you are describing doesn't sound anything like a guiding spirit.
It could have been a dark spirit or lower class demon taking the shape of a wolf or dog to scare you.

This is what I think, I hope it helps.
Let us know if anything like this popps up again.
All the best wishes to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: