You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Central Tree

Real Ghost Stories

Central Tree

 

As I said on my page, the things I publish won't be mine alone. But I feel it will be fitting to start off with my first encounter with the paranormal.

It happened when I was seven years old. Actually, on my birthday. I was very excited and was jumping around eager for my party, even though I had been having a rough week with very little sleep due to very odd nightmares.

My room was on the main house of a little field and from the window I could see a little garden behind the house. And most nights I would stay awake for long periods of time unable to drift to sleep and hearing the wind blowing outside.

I put on my best shirt, shoes and shorts for that day. Don't get me wrong, my friends were never in my birthdays until a couple years ago, but I liked having my family and my cousin, who was a year younger than me. I sat by the window waiting for them, eating a hotdog my grandma made when they arrived. My uncles, aunts, parents and cousins. Then, all I cared to do was unwrap my gifts and play around.

I got a pair of Hello Kitty roller skates so, as any seven year old, I put them on and tried them out with my cousin who had brought his red pedal car. For the next five hours we just proceeded to play, we played drive trough, race, gas station, all that stuff kids do. And then we decided to just go on circles around the house talking, mostly about Harry Potter, games and Pokemon, but then we came close to the garden behind the house. It was filled with wild flowers, two of the trees there were blooming and it was overall beautiful.

But then my cousin tugged on my shirt, I noticed his hands were shaking and he stared at the central tree. When I looked there, there was a humanoid figure. The only thing I could distinguish was its sickly yellow eyes and it looked at my bedroom window, only to then look at us, almost startled.

We did what any kid would do. We ran away screaming our lungs out.

I like to think that that was when it all started to me. From then on I can feel presences and hear things, pleas from nowhere. My grandmother says it's normal, that happened to her too.

I never saw that specific thing again. But I still feel off whenever I'm under the central tree in that place.

Other hauntings by HelpingBeacon

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HelpingBeacon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HelpingBeacon (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-20)
My grandmother kind of waved it off, she said it ran in the family, told me not to worry too much. "The dead are dead and they can only harm you if you let them" is what she said and what I live by. I actually asked what was her experience like, and that's the next thing I'm going to post. My house was built over indian ground, next to a forestal reservation. But recently on the grounds there is no activity watsoever that could bring any kind of human apparition.
The voices and the presences happen basically whenever I'm alone. They tend to calm down once I ask, and withdraw when requested. Some times I'm just walking along my street, that is usually very quiet mainly at night, and I kind of hear pleas spoken in wispers. The last thing I heard was "Me escuta" what translates to "listen to me"
Apparently, all the women in my family kind of have these stuff, I don't have direct aunts, but I do have two great aunts, one of them went crazy, the other became very religious, and there is my grand mother, who lives by her rule.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
Hi HelpingBeacon, welcome to YGS. With only one experience of yours and your cousin, it is difficult to comment. But what did your grandmother say and did you ask her what her experience was. Did you try to find out the history of the house? You said that you feel presences and hear voices. What kind and when it happens or happened and did it stop or does it still continue?

Please respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
Its horrible if I would have seen it at the age of 7, I must have died on the spot.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: