You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hitchhiker

Real Ghost Stories

The Hitchhiker

 

My cousin, his wife, and 3 kids were on their way from Wisconsin to Arkansas. He was moving there to start a chicken farm with our uncle. That evening before they left, our families got together and had dinner at the local Chinese restaurant. My cousin got a fortune cookie that interpreted something involving having a long journey but will end up at the same place... On the back of the slip it teaches one how to say the word "chicken" in Chinese... My cousin interpreted that to be a good omen for their trip because he was going to be starting a chicken farm.

The drive was going to be about 10-12 hours and having 3 kids, they left at 11 pm so the kids will be asleep the entire way and not be so antsy. Several hours later, my cousin stopped at a gas station to use the restroom. He left his three kids in the back seat; his wife was dozing off in the passenger seat. This was out in the boonies, the time was about 5-6am and the sun was just rising. My cousin got back in the car and drove for about 5 minutes. He suddenly felt the hair in back of his neck standing.

He looked at the rearview mirror to check on his kids when he saw a figure of a person with perm hair sitting in the backseat with his kids. He then turned around to see who it was and the figure disappeared. Within seconds his wife woke up. She told him that she had the strangest dream. The dream: They stopped at the gas station; there was a woman who wanted to go with them to Arkansas because her husband accidentally left her... she's alone and doesn't speak English. My sister in law told her (in the dream) that they were in a hurry to get to their uncle's place and they had three kids in the backseat, there wouldn't be any room. The woman got in the car - in the backseat with the kids but my sister in law dragged her out of the car and they left... Then she woke up. That was precisely the time my cousin had seen the figure.

So the figure of the woman in the backseat that my cousin saw, was it the spirit of the woman that her husband left her at the gas station in the dream my sister in law had? Or was it just a coincidence?

Other hauntings by KkodakK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KkodakK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hada (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-16)
This is good. The incident and reason for riding was narrated to the sister-in-law. The actual sighting was done by the driver. The jinn are able to communicate to two or three people in different ways, some hear and see, some only see, some dream it etc... This a jinn with time on her hands and you happened to stop by.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
it cpuld be a residual type spirit effecting travelers coming through that area. Perhaps something happened to the woman in that area, she thinks she was accidently left by her husband but can't cross over.

poor thing. Hopefuly she will be able to cross over at one point.

God Bless!
KkodakK (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
Thanks ChrisB.

This situation is so unexplainable because it’s not like the woman knew my cousin… I guess it’s because she was so desperate to leave that place. I wonder what would happen if my sister in law let the woman ride with them…
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
I don't think this was a coincidence. I believe that ghost can have contact with different people in different ways. I know that that kind of a expierence Would freak me out. I believe that the ghost wanted to let your cousin's wife know who she was and and gave a little proof showing herself to your cousin. I hope to here from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: