You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Whispers

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Whispers

 

As a young child, I have always been somewhat sensitive to "otherworldly beings". I had seen several ghosts in my old house when I was a child that I still remember to this day.

There were times that I would walk into an old house and immediately got a bad feeling inside. I was told later that the house was haunted. I came to terms with the fact I could see or feel things that other people can't, but I never really talked about it to anyone. Bear in mind, I am healthy, emotionally sound person.

As I grew older, I never saw or heard any ghosts and I figured I wouldn't ever again. I always thought children had some ability to see or hear spirits due to their open-mindedness and innocent nature.

Now flash forward about 20 years later. I was hanging out with some old friends that rented an apartment in the city. They seemed as though they are happy with the place, and pay a decent price for the apartment. The apartment is old, but in decent overall shape. One night when I was having dinner with them, my friend's husband happened to mention that something in the apartment kept waking him up during the night. He did not seem happy, nor did he want to talk about the reason why. I didn't push him to talk about it and didn't think much of it.

A few weeks later, I went to spend New Year's Eve with them and stayed until 2am. After dinner and DVDs, my back was starting to bother me. My friends went into their "game room" to set up a new game, and I asked if I could lie on their living room couch and relax for a moment. They said that was fine, went to the game room and closed the door. As I laid there for a few moments, I was thinking about school and I thought I heard whispering. My friends were in the next room with the door closed and I figured it was them. Then a few minutes later, I heard the whispering again. It was much louder and clearer, as if someone was whispering right in my ear. The voice sounded like a man's, but speaking in a fast and hurried manner. I sat up and looked around, but no one was there. My friends were talking loudly in the other room, so clearly the whispering did not come from them. I found myself saying, "I know someone is in here, and I am not afraid of you." I left the living room, and joined my friends in the game room.

I have not told my friends about this, and I do not want to worry them. I heard someone next to me, but I could not make out what the person said.

Any thoughts?

Other hauntings by shakeandbake6

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shakeandbake6, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AnneChloeV (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-23)
When I was younger I can see ghosts, and I'm not sure if I can 'til now. I often here whispers like you do in this story. The title was ''Strange Whispers'' So I read this, because I thought I could relate. Which I do. Nice story though. 😁
Walks_on_Clouds (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
Did you just 'jolt' up and start telling the spirit you weren't afraid of it or was there a loud noise that got your heart thumping real hard before speaking to whatever was whispering?
broiquapride (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
well the whispering... That makes me wonder did what ever was in the house have anything to do with the husband because as you said he does not want to talk about it to nobody so it makes me wonder if he is hiding something from his wife and you because he should have just told you what he was hearing so that maybe his wife and him even you could help them get help for their new house/apartment don't you think that more logical? I think it is but if he is hiding something I can see why he would not want to tell you both what he is hearing or what is waking him up in the early morning or late night... Just what I am thinking... 😐
shakeandbake6 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
Thank you for all your helpful answers! After that experience, I did not know what to think. It is a relief in a way to know that I am not the only one who experienced that.

Shh-im-sleeping thanks for your story. I think what you're going through is bit darker, but I do hope you can figure what is going on in your house, because that presence does not seem good.

SCAPE Paranormal-thanks for your tips. I have not done an EVP session before, so I am wondering if doing an EVP with little experience could be potentially dangerous?
twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
Hello shake and bake6,
It sounds possibly to be residual noises of some scenario that may have happened in that apartment. Not to say for sure though! It is also a great possibility This could be an isolated incident exclusively to you and your friends husband (sensitives). I also have some psychic/mediumistic experiences and I can tell you that for myself, when I get messages from the other side it usually comes in fast audible waves. It's almost like you are in a movie while in fast forward! The way it was explained to me by one of my mentors, was that we are all on a slower paced plane than the spirit realm and when communication happens, they have to slow down their pace a bit, and we have to speed ours up! That would explain the "fast and hurried manner" of the voices you may have heard. This can also be the case for when visions are seen through the minds eye of a psychic/medium as well. At least that's how it is for me. Just an opinion, but You may want to consider talking this over with your friends husband if you two are on close enough terms like that, and compare your occurrences with each other to see if they are all connected. SCAPE paranormal in addition has a good idea to do an EVP session to find out why those things are being heard. A spirit box session would be great too, if you were able to get your hands on using one! A little digging up on the building/properties and or neighborhoods history could certainly enhance your puzzle as well. Thanks for the story and good luck on your quest! 😊
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-16)
Oh wow! I had almost the same thing happen 2 mornings ago. I was awake but laying in bed with my eyes closed thinking about how uncomfortable I was. While thinking about buying another pillow I heard a faint whisper saying "I got it! I got it!" and then in a loud whisper I heard in my right ear what sounded like a young boy say "I got it!" I realized that what I heard was real! Of course there was nothing there but I noticed it was a little chillier than normal and I had red splotches on the right side of my neck. Sorry to share my story but I just wanted you to know that I understand completely what you went through. I almost used my voice recorder last night while I slept but I chickened out. I was afraid of what I might hear on it. It's an interesting ability to have but it's scary too.
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-16)
Okey, we'll if you think they can handle it, I would tell them so that they know they aren't crazy.

Next, if you want to figure out what it's saying, you can do a short EVP session (or just sitting there seems to work)
Record what he says
Playback slower than it was recorded. The only reason you may not want to do this is that he may say something creepy. Your choice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: