You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unknown Presence Haunting Woods

Real Ghost Stories

Unknown Presence Haunting Woods

 

This happened on the 30/12/2013 during the hours of 2:30am - 4:00am. I would like to stress that what I express in this story is not of imagination or of games, but of something evil and mysterious myself and two friends had encountered. I would like to note that we were under the influence of weed, however nowhere near the point in which it would affect our ability to tell reality from fiction, not to mention I have been smoking for years.

Anyway, it was a fairly quiet and dark night and myself and two friends (we'll call them M and C) had been planning on going out to let off some fireworks near a park near C's house. I would like to stress that C lives right in front of a very mysterious open and endless forest just behind a residential area. We had entered the forest numerous times before. Out of the all the mysterious and unquestionable evil experiences we had shared there, this was the one that had made us want to seek out what we have been seeing, hearing and feeling.

Following this experience, we have encountered many weird and unknown things from this forest. From two mysterious brightening little red dots metres in front of us disappearing and appearing constantly, to the sound of footsteps being distorted all around us, and also unknown carving-like images in trees. Although none quite as blatant and direct as what we saw that morning.

We had all decided to head down to the park as we were eager to finally let off the fireworks. As we initially started walking down, being say 100 metres from the entrance, I could see a sudden change in facial expression in C. When confronted he would deny feeling worried or anything and would keep stressing that he was keen to see the fireworks. We approached the entrance when I had noticed that both C and M had mysteriously went quiet. Nothing was said and we entered the forest. As we were walking we noticed that bats had constantly been trying to swoop us and it was as if there was a never-ending amount of them. We decided to have a quick stop for a cigarette and me and C had sat down on a log.

The one thing that still brings goosebumps down my spine is the fact that someone as loud and cheerful as M had not spoken a word, and instead of sitting down with us he turned his back to us and just kept looking out into the bushes/trees as if he was observing something. When I asked what was wrong with him he simply said he needed to take a piss and I dismissed it as anything out of the norm. This is when things turned very eerie...

We all decided to hurry up and get out of the woods and to the park as soon as possible, as we all started to get a very weird feeling... A feeling as if we were being watched by something/someone that really did not appreciate our presence. The next part of the path we took is somewhat of sharp and blind bend in which you are not able to see anything past it until you are actually on it. Myself and C had been in front at the time and M a few metres behind us, still very quiet. It was when we had just stepped foot on the blind path that we saw it. It began at the very corner of my eye, a blinding bright light appeared which lasted a split second and as it was diminishing, the face and outline of something or someone appeared merely a metre in front of us. At this moment, not one word was said, instead all three of us were frozen in shock. I suddenly had the urge to run as far away from this thing and not look back. The second I started running C and M followed.

Now... I would just like to note that I am religious person and that throughout this experience the Lord's Prayer was constantly playing back in my mind. Although... This was not intentional, it was as if my own mind was doing it without me even noticing.

We had finally gotten to the entrance. Throughout what seemed to be merely a 5 minute sprint, the whole way back endless and endless amounts of bats were constantly following us and swooping right behind us. It was when we exited and all tried to regain our thoughts and breath that I saw the absolute look of fear on both C and M's face. I'm not denying that I hadn't just gone through one of the most terrifying experiences of my life, but the look I had seen on specifically C's face was something I cannot explain with words.

We all finally decided to walk away from the forest along an outskirts path and find a suitable quick area we could let off the fireworks and go back home. These next experiences is what solidified to us that what we saw was not a mere illusion... Something was following us and wanted us far away from there. After ten or so minutes following the path we found a spot.

As I was walking down towards the it, I felt a sudden pull as if something was making/wanting me to follow the direction into the woods. This was quickly dismissed and ignored. This is our last mysterious experience of the night before we decided to leave.

As me and M were sitting down ready to light the fireworks, we noticed C was standing a metre or so behind us. When we asked what was wrong with him he said in these very words, "I can sense the fear" in a voice which I had never heard C use before. After a minute of questioning C what the hell he was on about, we heard one of the scariest sounds/screech I have ever heard in my life. The sound is embedded... This was no normal creature sound. In fact, there was absolutely nothing behind us as we were in an illuminated area and had clear vision. The sound of a grunt, an angry growl, and loud and irregular breathing patterns... Quite frankly I'll cut the bullshiat, it sounded like a demon.

It was from then we all had enough and rushed back home. None of us have not been able to get our heads around this experience. Back home, M expressed that the second we entered the woods he felt as if something was watching us constantly. He said that he felt a genuine presence of evil and that when we was standing up when we had been sitting down, he had seen a large black figure in the distance. We stayed up the whole reminder of the morning trying to figure out what it was, when ultimately it was denounced as an evil mystery.

Please... I have been trying to research about this and have found a few credible and useful information, although I would like someone to know the full story and be able to tell me their point of view.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cetnik, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-22)
Not condoning drug use. Just condoning honesty ay. Cool story.c
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-22)
Well, I think its cool Cetnik was honest about the dope. If anything, I think the only metaphysical thing to consider is that any state of altered consciousness makes it more difficult to protect yourself psychically. It weakens your field. However, whether or not it makes a person more paranoid or uncredible would depend entiely uppn that persons body chemistry and their level of use. Many variables, I think.
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-22)
Cool story mate. Loved every second of it. I don't care if you were smoking weed it can't make you hullucinate like that. You guys definitely encountered something unexplainable that night and boy I would of crapped my pants. If I was there.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-01-21)
Just a thought, are you guys comfortable with the woods at night? Only ask because I've seen this panic before from grown men, while the woods was just being the woods. You are always watched at night by every critter there, it's their job. Nocturnal animals eyes glow, some red, some blue, some white. And bats do tend to swoop around people moving in the woods because they stir up insects that bats eat. That said, there is also a lot of spiritual activity around. It sometimes is frightening because you don't understand it, but isn't always evil. Maybe a good way to look at it is, if you are going to walk through someone elses living room, you would want to be mindfull about it and think about the ones who live there. A lot of people think of "a mysterious woods" like a thing to get through. But you could also think of it as it really is, someones home who has rules and etticate, and life and love. Why spend money on the fireworks, when you have a face in front of you for free? If it's any help, when Jesus had a ghost in front of Him, He spoke with him because it was Elijah, so it might be cool to hold your ground and say hellow.
kariorit (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-21)
Okay. First off, weed CAN (can, not always does) cause you to be a bit on the paranoid side and easily creeped out. Being in the woods in the middle of the night would more than likely make that worse.

Not sure what the guidelines are for fireworks over there, but I'm sure having to do it stealthily in the middle of the night would add to being on edge.

I've no doubt that there are bad things that bump in the night, but if you are not having any further problems, I think I'd just stay out of the woods at night...
glesgaboy (24 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-21)
Cetnik, it's true that weed heightens awareness and changes the "feelings" of your surroundings so certainly it may have played a part that evening.
Hallucinations on the other hand would require much stronger drugs like mushrooms or acid (LSD).
This combined with the fact that the evening included fireworks not only planned by you and your friends but others also, most likely makes it more difficult to separate what actually happened, from what may have been the result of your combined and heightened imaginations and/or someone else in the area playing games with you.
As was mentioned the bats could have simply acted that way due to the fireworks frightening them.
Also with fireworks going off all around the light from them casting against tree branches can cause weird shapes easily mistaken for whatever your mind thinks it is seeing.
On a lighter note though regarding the "weed".
I read a comic book once called "The Freak Brothers" about stoners.
One of them once made a statement that went:" Dope will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you though times of no dope!"
I always thought that line was quite amusing!
Best wishes, GB.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-01-21)
Hi Cetnik. So you and your friends were in the woods to play at night with fireworks. Regardless of total fireban season and you have admitted you were high "weed."but you were ok because you have used it for years. Paranoia and schizophrenia are side effects. Anxiety fear and humidity. A few beers perhaps and a need for a slash. Hearing the sound of some poor animal being shafted in the Australian bush. No doubt you were being watched by someone or something perhaps on the same mission and circumstance as yourselves. Bit of thrill bit of fun. Think about it seriously in the cold light of day. You don't know who is out there. The evening could have easily ended with you not going home but in a zip up bag. Do yourself a favor-when you are stoned don't play with fire and stay in a safe enviorment. You and your mate's want to live to play another day. Perhaps return to retrace your steps in daylight minus the drugs onboard.cheers
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-21)
Honestly bro? Most of the hostile spooky stuff around here is usually Indigenous, if you want my opinion. Two hundred years since the colonisation of the white man doesn't leave a whole lot of time for the spirits of the slaughtered Indigenous Australians to forgive and rise above, ay. Walk lightly, I say. And yeah, its usually forests. Sometimes rivers and mountains.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-21)
Hahaha loves your directness about being stoned. And I don't think that being stoned makes a person less credible. Mushrooms maybe. Ha. Just my personal opinion.
Walks_on_Clouds (2 stories) (18 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-20)
I've visited your country and have been in the rain forests in the north east at night. Being watched...yeah. There is SO much activity at night it's nearly impossible to sleep. I got that feeling we were being watched, but then again that wouldn't be a huge stretch as once you're out there, you become part of the food chain! 😨
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-19)
You can't trust much of what you see or hear when you're high.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
Cetnik, a thought on the weed - are you SURE it was from a reliable source and not cut with something? This would account for M's uncharacteristic stillness.
But, no matter how I twist it, it would not account for you all feeling/sensing the same things.
It's quite easy to feel watched and unwanted in a forest. There's many nocturnal animals that just mistrust and resent people, and there are some, that I swear will observe us.
From the information you gave us, it really is a tough call on exactly what you experienced. I believe that you experienced something, but whether it was paranormal or not, I'm not sure. Sound carries, and you may have heard some animal in the underbrush. Or it could have been some guardian of the forest ticked off at you for disturbing the calm. 😕
What type of research are you doing on this?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
OK, so you may have been sober enough to walk a straight line, but is it possible you were under the influence enough to have your perceptions heightened/altered? Being able to tell reality from fiction is all well and good, but if you were just buzzed enough to have altered perception this may not be that big a deal.
Bright flashes of light, scared wildlife, guys in a park intending to let off fireworks. This having happened right at New Years, could there have been other people out with fireworks? That could account for the bright light and scared bats. The demonic growling, that sounds real creepy, but considering y'all were already scared when you heard the growl it really could have been anything. Everything sounds demonic when you're scared, it could have been a dog and in that emotional state it would have seemed like a hellhound.
You say you've been researching and want to know the "full story." What have you been researching? If your just trying to find ghost stories about that park, you probably won't turn up credible information. Research the general history of the park and surrounding area. Something relevant may come to light. That's the only advice I can give, other than try to keep a lid on your fear in the future. Tough to think clearly if you're afraid. Particularly if afraid and buzzed. 😆
You've asked for the point of view of others, and my point of view is that its tough to say yeah this was paranormal, or no it isn't. Too many variables, too much chance with this being a public place you just encountered other people enjoying the park. Even so late at night, there is a chance it was other people. If it seemed like a good idea to you and your friends, it could have seemed like a good idea to another bunch of friends. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: