You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Very Strange Occurrences In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Very Strange Occurrences In My House

 

After experiencing strange occurrences on and off for over 10 years, I have decided to tell others' about it. My Uncle died when I was 5 years old (I'm 15 now) of a brain aneurism. I was there when it happened as well. He died in my house before the medics could arrive. I was heartbroken and shocked.

A couple weeks before he passed away, he began giving me some of his possessions; especially the ones he loved the most. The closer it got to his passing, the more stuff he would pass on to me. The day he passed was the day he brought the most stuff over; his "Star Wars" memorabilia, special coins, and other belongings. I couldn't believe he was giving me some of the things he cherished the most.

There was something more to it than just a coincidence. A good week or so after this was all over, I strictly remember strange, but at the same time comforting, occurrences. I would (and still do) see what I believe are shadows that quickly disappear, like air passing by. I will also hear eerie creaking sounds, like there is someone there.

I would have a couple friends of mine come over a few years ago, that were not sure if they wanted to come back to our house again. About 75% of my family that I tell this to believes what I am saying is true, but the other 25% have yet to step into my shoes and relate to what I'm saying. They don't believe in ghosts. The proof is out there, in fact, it's everywhere!

My mom has also told me about strange things that she used to see around the house: lights burning out constantly, strange voices she things she heard, and a few other things. We feel this as more of a comforting feeling than a frightening one.

I hope you don't have to go what my Uncle had to go through, and that your house stays clear of spirits.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GarrettB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-23)
Dear GarrettB,

Welcome to YGS. I go with BJJ and Val. It is your first gut feeling that matters. If you feel threatened, then you should go with it. But in this case, you get a comforting feeling and so it should be benign. Like Val said, your uncle wanted to make you known his presence even after he passed on.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-01-20)
Well, I'm of the mind that sometimes a person just knows when their time is near. It sounds to me as if your Uncle loved you very much and wanted to be sure that YOU received these items.
I stand with BJJ that your first instinct is usually correct on if something is evil. Nothing you've told us sounds threatening or like it was trying to hurt or even scare you, add to that you find it comforting. It could well be your Uncle checking in on you.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-19)
My Mother passed away in her home and for 2 weeks after her passing I could hear someone walking through the rooms upstairs. My 3 year old daughter heard it too and it scared her. I think maybe it was my Mom. She died so suddenly that maybe she wasn't certain that she had passed. Maybe she was stuck between here and the after life. Just a theory. I've seen a handful of black shadow people. None of them have tried to hurt me. I too think that some of them do not have the energy to manifest clearly. Sounds like your Uncle had a "feeling" that maybe his life was coming to a near end for him to give away his possessions. I'm sure giving you those possessions brought him great joy. That in itself is a reason to smile. Good luck and think POSITIVE:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-19)
Sometimes an entity will appear as a dark or black shadow because it doesn't have the energy required to manifest more clearly. It isn't necessarily "evil," it just isn't particularly adept at manifesting. There are no cookie cutter paranormal experiences, so you really have to examine each incident and decide for yourself what your emotional response was, did you feel threatened, did you feel calm, did you respond with curiosity, etc. Your first instinct is usually correct, and if your first instinct doesn't indicate threat or fear, it's probably not an evil presence.
If you feel the activity is comforting, your instinct is the one that counts. It may be your uncle letting you know he's watching over your family still.
Walks_on_Clouds (2 stories) (18 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-01-19)
Evil can attach itself to objects. Being that you were receiving all these objects from your uncle, something may have been hitch hiking on one or more of those gifts.

Black 'shadows,' in my own experience, have always been evil.

Ask a pastor to pray over them, tell him of why it concerns you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: