You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Man, Cat And Noises

Real Ghost Stories

Man, Cat And Noises

 

I don't have a very strong opinion as to whether ghosts are real or not as I haven't experienced much myself, but here's some things I've experienced.

My mum has told me several times of something weird that used to happen in our old house. I was about 2 years old at the time and my dad was working night shifts. This was before my sister was born so it was just me and my mum at home. My mums would walk into the living room on such nights as these and find me standing by the table looking at the chair and talking, listening, nodding, bringing things over and laughing to someone who my mum could not see. Sometimes I would look up suddenly as if I had been called and run over to a spot in the house, usually that chair, and do the same things again.

I was never one to have imaginary friends, however, so this wasn't the explanation. It could happen anywhere in the house. Whenever my mum asked me who I was talking to, I would say that it was a man. I was never frightened of him but seemed to enjoy his comfort, but it unnerved my mum nevertheless! But she never saw him or had any ghost experiences other than this.

I don't remember anything about this, other than being able to describe a man who I can picture in my head that as far as I know I have never met in my life. When I've described him to my mum, she said he sounds like her grandfather, who I never met but was a very kindly man. When I saw a picture of him it was exactly like this man who I can picture in my head. Could this man have been a spirit of my great grandfather? Or perhaps a guardian angel, if there are such things?

We now live in a new house (I'm now 17) and as far as we know no one has passed away here other than our pets. But sometimes when I'm in my room at night I get the feeling that I'm being watched, especially when I have my back to the room and I'm facing the wall. I sometimes see black shapeless something's moving but I always shut my eyes out of fright before I can get a good look at them.

Another thing that sometimes happens in my room is that I hear this crackling noise, especially when I'm thinking about ghosts and the like, and it grows louder. If I cover my ears I can't hear it and it usually goes away after a while. Is there any explanation for this? I think it's just me being scared if the dark, which I am, but I'm curious anyway!

One other thing, my cat recently passed again and every now and then I think I see he walking past the door. It just got me thinking, can animals return as ghosts?

I sometimes get premonitions of when something is going to happen, I don't know if that can explain anything that I have explained above, but if someone can answer any of my questions I would really appreciate it, thank you!

Other hauntings by MissSkeptical

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissSkeptical, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MissSkeptical (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-09)
Thank you all for the comments, I know it was a while ago but I haven't been on here for a couple of months (as you can see). I don't think any of these spirits are evil, if they are spirits, sometimes I feel a bit uncomfortable but that may just be due to my noticing their presence? I do believe I may have seen a spirit of my cat, we now have two kittens and they've picked up a lot of the habits she, and her brother who died 18 years ago had which is pretty weird but amazing at the same time!
demonkitty101 (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-01)
Shortly after my friend's dog died, my friend, her mother and myself were talking about it. My friend had said that whenever she would go around the side of their house near where their water tanks are, she would keep catching glimpses of their deceased dog walking behind them. She wasn't shaken by this, just confused - because it wasn't their other dog, who was a completely different colour and size, and it wasn't any other animal. My friend's mother then said that it's quite common for people who have lost someone close to them - human or animal - to keep catching glimpses of them, particularly in places they often spent time. After a few months, my friend stopped seeing her dog by the water tanks - a place it often used to sit - and she hasn't seen it since.
It's quite possible that you seeing your cat is just you imagining it. In saying that, it's just as likely that it could be a ghost.

Good luck.
glesgaboy (24 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
As much as I respect the freedom to comment on other peoples assessments I think its important to remain very open minded on these subjects.
The Bible actually states, that is, that evil "manifests" itself in many different forms in order to deceive.
This being said, everyone is entitled to believe and say whatever they wish... As long as, in my opinion, it does not offend another.
I personally have lived long enough to believe that anything is possible in the realms of what some people like to call "other dimensions".
The Bible also states that there is a "battle" going on for the "souls of this earth".
Regardless of anyone's convictions, if they have an open mind, which I believe most of the fine folks have on here, otherwise they would not participate, surely they must see those biblical statements as warning not to take things on face value.
Particularly the paranormal.
If anything is truly a mystery, and something to be very wary and skeptical of, the paranormal is it.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-28)
Hi MissSkeptical, there is no need to undertake a blessing if you feel whatever you are seeing is not harmful. I hope others on here agree with me on this. Pets can be spirits as well as loved ones, I do feel you are seeing your pet cat, which must be a comfort to you. As for the dark shadow, don't be too alarmed like someone has already said you sound sensitive to this sort of experience and if it isn't bothering you, just tolerate it, I wouldn't attempt to communicate in anyway though either. There are many people of here that can give you sound advice on what you are experiencing. As for the noises, I haven't got a clue what that is. But I read you live in a "new house" is it very new? Could the noise be the heating system? Just a thought, my radiator makes crackling noises when its heating up. Just another thing I know someone has mentioned a bless is in order, you should only bless your home if you want rid of whatever is there, if you do this the spirit of your pet will also go. Let us know what your thoughts are... From a fellow UKer 😜
lilacmay (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
I guess you are being just sensitive to things around around which normally you or many wouldn't...the sound and all... It's like you are actually paying attention to the sound made by expansion-contraction of things around and other things that make small sounds... Also our eyes or rather vision can be manipulated by our mind and by the shadow/ light/ sound etc...

I have to sometime share my paranormal experience too but all I know is that there are some things in life for which we don't have any answer and paranormal happenings are one of them...
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-23)
MissSkeptical
I agree with swimsinfire, speaking from my own experience, not all spirits are evil. I live in a house surrounded by 3 kind, loving, protective spirits, who have helped save my life a few times. They are in spirit as they were in flesh, good people. I firmly believe that any living thing that has a soul can return as a spirit.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-21)
What is it with the assumtion everyone has about spirits being evil. It aint nessasily so. Sometimes they are vary helpfull, and even caring. Yours does sound like a relative, I think. Just a guess. And lots of times pets are ghost pets, before they move on. Nice story.
MissSkeptical (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-20)
These black shapes do not seem sinister though, and they're so faint it could just be my imagination? Just wondering though if anyone has any idea of what the man could've been, I've always been curious to know! But thanks for your reply 😊
Walks_on_Clouds (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-19)
You don't have to live in an old house for it to be haunted.

Evil spirits go where they may and manifest how they choose.

Sometimes, they enter a person's home through a family member's high stress, abuse, p0rnography, alcoholism, items brought back from vacation, playing with a Ouija board, etc.

Personally, I don't believe animals can haunt (except through residual manifestation), but believe evil spirits will use their likeness because it is familiar to those the spirit's messing with.

As for the black shadows... In my own experience, black entities are NOTHING, BUT EVIL!

A house blessing is in order.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: