You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Night Encounter With An Entity Who Spoke To Me

Real Ghost Stories

Night Encounter With An Entity Who Spoke To Me

 

This experience just happened tonight. Well, to be more accurate, this morning at around 3AM. I had fallen asleep at 8PM but later woke up at midnight. I didn't feel like going back to sleep, so I browsed the internet, listened to music, and watched YouTube videos on my phone. Within three hours, I decided to try and get to sleep again. I locked my phone and placed it beside my pillow.

Usually when I sleep, it's in very awkward yet comfortable positions (at least for me); I hug my long pillow at odd angles, kick up my left leg and lean it against the wall, curl up in a fetal position, etc... As a result, my back or chest never lies flat on my mattress. This night, however, after tossing and turning I found myself sleeping on my chest with my two arms tucked underneath my pillow. Finding the position quite comfortable, I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to take hold. That didn't happen, however, because something else did.

Within seconds, I felt a pressure on my back. I opened my eyes, slightly confused with the sensation. It felt like something or someone was lying on top of me, although I only felt the area that would be considered the torso. It was heavy, warm, and caused my skin to tingle.

I didn't feel fearful or uncomfortable. I simply lay there with my eyes open, blinking against the dark. And then I heard a whisper beside my ear. It felt as if the voice wasn't speaking to me but into me. As if it somehow spoke from within my mind. The voice was light and airy. It sounded a feminine to me too, but it could've been because the voice was soft. Anyways, it whispered this sentence: "The one I want is you."

My heart was racing at this point, but I didn't dare make any sudden movements. I had sleep paralysis before, where I felt like I couldn't move. During those episodes, I would be half-conscious, and the darkness in my room would envelope me, but I wouldn't be able to move a single muscle to shake myself awake. (I learned to simply let it wash over me, then I'd eventually fall asleep and wake up later feeling fine.)

However, this occasion was different, because I still had control of my body. I wiggled my toes and shifted the position of my arms; the weight was still on me at that time. I slowly lifted my body up and carefully turned so that I was lying on my back. As I moved, the weight slowly lifted and disappeared from me. After it was gone, there were still remnants of its presence. My back tingled with these strange vibrations. It felt like electricity, and it coursed down the length of my spine.

I lay there in the darkness of my room with my heart pounding and entire body sweaty. I wasn't scared per se, but shocked. Extremely shocked and unnerved that I had just experienced what I did. I ended up going back on my phone and staying up the rest of the night until morning. (Cause there was no way I wanted another visit.)

Can someone please tell me what they make of this? I'm wondering what this entity meant when it said it wanted me. I'd rather not have my energy, soul, or life stolen from me please. I know this sound completely outlandish and bizarre, but it really did happen. I'm not trying to make fiction or get attention. I really need some insight.

(I don't know if this has a connection, but a few days before I had watched the Last Exorcism with my relatives and looked up some the satanic symbols and rituals present in the movie in order to discern what the heck happened in the confusing and unsatisfying ending. I ended up reading through a bunch of information about demons, succubi and incubi, possessions, and the like. Did this research endeavor affect my mind in this way, causing me to think negatively?)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mangoushi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CrystalLeo (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-13)
Hey Mangoushi

I also agree with Val and RedWolf.
If this keeps on happening, the best option for you will be to rebuke it, try to shut it out before it becomes way too attatched. Things like this can never really end up in a happily ever after. Even if all seems fine for a year, or two years or even five years, it could even maybe go on for 10 years before the entity really pulls it's weight around without you minding so much anymore.
Sneaky things most of them.
Take good care of yourself.

All the best wishes.
strider009 (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-11)
your right its usually encountered during sleep paralysis but there are some cultures that say night hags appear in place of incubus/succubus it honestly depends on what your source is I believe the latter is true
ghstwrld (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
Strider009,

Night hags are usually connected to sleep paralysis rather than an incubus/succubus.
Kyri (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Hi
Usually demonic/evil spirits feel like you're getting pulled inside of them with cold shivers running down your body as they drain you. You also feel like your heart is stopping/turning to stone, aka: not a fun experience in any way. Plus everything seems way darker, like when you had your sleep paralysis experiences. From your description though, this seems like a more positive entity, giving you nice warm electric feelings and stuff. Although I'm not 100% sure since I wasn't with you when it happened (wouldn't want to encourage you to talk to a demon), it seems reasonably safe to try to try to talk to her. If she's able to connect to your mind and send thoughts to of you, she should be able to hear what you have to say telepathically. Honestly, I think it's cute, and you could have some awesome spiritual experiences with someone who loves you. All that being said, I recommend you pray to God about it.
Stay safe <3
strider009 (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
i have heard this before from other people or though internet sources this being is often refereed to as the night hag cause of the description people use to describe it (a sitting creature in rags and has long oily hair covering its face has a slight feminine form)
Its common belief that its a gender less incubus/succubus. They are thought to be peaceful creatures that can't have sexual interactions but invade peoples personal space anyway, by sitting on ones back or chest at night, this would explain the odd words or sentences such as "love" or "The one I want is you." if they are indeed from that realm of midnight lovers.

Of course I may be wrong I am known to make mistakes, but I feel the creature you encountered was a night hag
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
Redwolf-i saw your missing word "reason" when reading your message but automatically filled it in, I then had to do a double take and realised it wasn't there haha funny how you replace the missing word ๐Ÿ˜
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
I agree with Redwolf, this kind of behaviour from a spirit should not be welcome and should not be encouraged. There is no telling what it is, what it will do, I would communicate with it, only to ask it to leave. I too am also pleased to hear from Rich73 your story fascinated me.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-27)
mangoushi,
You ask if a satanic "research endeavor affect my mind in this way, causing me to think negatively?" Quite simply the answer is yes. Minds are very intricate things and the subconscious even more so. I do not think that this is limited by age or maturity, but the way the individual's mind processes the information it has been fed. The fact that you had watched a movie on exorcism, coupled with reading about possession, et al, could very well implanted the idea within your subconscious, hence 'hearing' "I want you," while in your relaxed state.
The weight and tingling sensation may also have a rather mundane explanation. In the unfamiliar position (for you) pressure was applied to (possibly) a nerve (your spine responding to the position). Now, I can not say for certain that this was the case. Only that it is a possibility. I do know that the impulses from our nerves feels much like electricity when they become agitated, and the muscles can begin to contract resulting in pain or a feeling of weight (pressure). I get this feeling a lot, and once in awhile the 'pressure' is caused by my cat curling up on me ๐Ÿ˜† but most times, it appears to have no logical explanation, dissipating after I switch positions. If this persists you might want to be checked by a medical doctor, as it can be an early warning sign that you've done yourself a mischief or have a virus of some sort.
Now for the flip side of things. If things persist (especially the voice part) then you really should heed Redwolf's advice: "if this entity returns tell it to leave you alone and it isn't welcome and it has to leave your house so it doesn't bother someone else in the family and pray to your God for help and protection."
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-27)
I need to correct a sentence. I don't think teenagers should reasearch the occult there is no reason for it.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-27)
mangoushi,
I was writing a response to your story when all of a sudden my tablet went off line. This happened when I was telling you to tell the entity to leave you alone and it was not welcome and for you to pray to your God for help and protection. This is NOT a good thing as it tells me to mind my own business. If this entity was harmless this would not have happened.
I have a question. You say that a few days BEFORE you watched the movie with your family you researched some satanic symbols and rituals and so forth. Had you seen the movie prior to watching it with your family? I don't know how old you are but as I read your story the number 13 kept popping into my head. I don't think teenagers should research the occult there is no for it. Also doing this leads some teenagers to imagine things happening or in your case something did happen. So as I said before my tablet mysteriously went off line, if this entity returns tell it to leave you alone and it isn't welcome and it has to leave your house so it doesn't bother someone else in the family and pray to your God for help and protection.
I am very serious about this. Also STOP researching the occult!
Regards
RedWolf
Libbylou40 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-26)
Thank you for your response Rich73. I'm glad all is well with you!
Rich73 (1 stories) (67 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-25)
Hi Libbylou, yes, every day. It's become sort of routine. I've become somewhat fascinated with ghosts now. Sleeping with one will do that to you, I guess ๐Ÿ˜Š Lately I've been doing a lot of reading and watching documentaries. Anyhow, I'm still hoping the author will respond.
Libbylou40 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
Is that stuff still going on with you, Rich73? I have often wondered how you were doing with all that. I am sorry mangoushi, but I have no advice for your encounter as I have never experienced anything similar. My first thought was incubus/succubus as well. Like CrystalLeo.

Sincerely,
Libby
CrystalLeo (27 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
Hmmmmmm it is an interesting story. I believe that you are not crazy or making anything up. Many stange and unexplained things happen every day.
What went through my mind first when I read your story was 'รฏncubis'. Some of them seem to first come on slowly to the person in their sights, then it escilates if you give them permission to do what they ask to do or intend to do, through your emotions and feelings.
I'll advise you to read some of the other incibus stories that are shared on this site.
Although I'm not quite sure what it could be. But yes what you watch and what you read can influence the entity to show himself more. It is kind of like opening a crack to them by opening yourself to those possibilities. They take it in a way that let's them think that you want to know more and you give permission for them to show more. I have the suspicion that this entity could have influenced your sleep paralysis episodes sometimes, maybe not all the times.
Find ways to cleanse your room and house. I find that lavender and frankensence insence works very well. And rebuking the entity in the name of Jesus Christ works even better.
I hope this helped.
All the best wishes and luck for you.
Rich73 (1 stories) (67 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-23)
Out of all the stories I've read here, yours is the most similar to mine. I've experienced the same crushing weight, the tingling of the spine, and the first time it got in me, it said the word "love" through my mind. This thing has been with me almost a year now, and I'm still looking for answers. It doesn't drain my energy, in fact, it adds to it. It has not communicated with me since which is the most frustrating thing. It sounds like you and I have the same type of critter attached to us. Have you had any more experiences since you wrote this?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: