You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Basement Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Basement Ghosts

 

My family and I had moved into the house were currently living in a few months back. This house belonged to our old landlady and our friend and we had always liked it. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, I didn't feel any negative energy whatsoever.

It started yesterday, my little sister had to come stay in my room for a bit because it got frigid cold in her room because of the windows, while my mom was at work, my little sister decided to clean up her room. I was in the kitchen cleaning the dishes. It turns out she had to go into the basement in order to get the vacuum.

I had turned around and noticed my cat sniffing the door so I quickly ran to her and picked her up, because she has a habit of snooping around, and she can't go into the basement because cats can easily get outside from down there. But when I picked her up she started going crazy, she grabbed onto the door frame, she doesn't have front nails so she didn't stay very well, and was meowing and hissing.

I didn't want her running down the stairs so I had kept a hold of her until my sister came back up. She kept freaking out. Finally when my sister came back up, I had handed my cat over to her and she noticed that the cats tail was wet. It turns out she had gotten so scared that she peed on herself and on me. Later on we found out that our German Sheppard won't even venture into the basement.

Later that night, my sister had gotten her room cleaned and went back to her room because it was warm again. I was tired so I wanted to hit the sack early. When I was almost asleep I hear a whisper-yell saying "Sarah!". I rolled my eyes because that's how my sister usually gets me to come talk to her when our parents are sleeping. I had walked into her room fuming because I was so tired, and she had her headphones in listening to music and playing on the computer. After various attempts to gain her attention, I finally threw the bottom of a broken hairbrush at her. Apparently she didn't even call my name. I had rolled my eyes and walked away.

A little bit later my little sister runs into my room. She tells me that her blue hanging light started moving randomly, so she had started recording on her iPod (audio), and was asking it questions, it wouldn't answer any personal questions but, on recording, she had asked "can you move the blue light again" and a little bit later you can hear a voice say what sounds like "uh-huh" and it started moving again. A little bit later she had captured a noise that we tried to debunk but couldn't. It sounds like a woman's voice (the same voice that replied before) moaning, but at the same time not, we're not really sure what it is. We still have those voice clips.

Also later that night I had sleepwalked for the first time ever. I had walked into my sisters room, and stood at the door that led to my parents room for around three minutes, when I finally turned around I had walked the same path and walked up stairs and went back to my bed.

Today we had found out, that this house was originally owned by some old spinster women, who had been obsessed with cleaning and making sure everything was done correctly.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tinpy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AngelaHauser (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Can you post the video please! I would make me happy 😁. I thought your story was very interesting
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-29)
Following Azrael's very good theory, I decided to look up seismic activity. Turns out there was 2.3 magnitude earthquake starting in Lake Aluma, OK that evening. In fact, it looks like there has been quite a bit of seismic activity in the TX/OK/AR/MO regions lately. Http://folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu/recenteqs/Quakes/quakes0.html And yes, earthquakes do tend to make animals seem to go nutty. That would also explain movement of an overhanging light. Over here on the west coast, where earthquakes tend to be more severe and deadly, we're warned to look for a good sturdy doorframe or open field whenever animals go totally bonkers for no given reason.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-27)
Pets - dogs and cats are able to hear sub frequencies way below or way above the range of human hearing. Hearing sound at frequencies way above the range of human hearing is indeed so painful for the poor animals that they are scared or go mad etc. Perhaps your cat heard sounds that were generated at higher frequencies. Natural geological movements like crustal movements and Man-made structures, such as engines, cars, buses, trains, motorcycles, and airplanes also produce these sound s which can't be heard by humans, but by animals.

Natural geological movements which can't be immediately experiences by humans can also cause motion. The basement being under the normal ground level might be more susceptible to these forces and such a force could have generated an initial movement of the hanging pendant lamp. Every motion of ever y object creates air currents. In a closed room such as a basement, these are possible to interact with the other air currents in the room and could create a gentle rocking motion on the hanging pendant lamp.

Sound which your sister or you could be from creaking of the floor boards or sub structures of the house, which is also a natural phenomenon. Unless, you hear real loud voices which you know is loud and audible. When you heard the sound SARA! It could have been your thought that you heard your name being called. It has happened to me many times.

Just my opinion.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-27)
How do you know you slept walked and stayed in your sisters room for three minutes?
MissSkeptical (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-26)
Do you think you could post the recordings on here? It could be great if we could hear them! This spirit sounds friendly, but you must remain cautious around it:)
Tinpy (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
Update: We had found out what the second voice said. My sister had thanked the ghost, and you hear in a distant like sound "You're Welcome!"

I also have not sleep walked since that night.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: