You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle Rocky part 4

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle Rocky part 4

 

Hi again! I've been lucky enough to have some really friendly experiences with spirits, one in particular, Uncle Rocky. I'd like to share some more with you. There are some incidents that may be explained away, except I was there and things just didn't seem to jibe.

In early July, 2006, we had a lovely, breezy day. I noticed my large wind-chime wasn't playing its usual windsong for me. I noticed but thought it must have been tangled. A short time later, I realized that it was chiming away like crazy. I'm not single minded, I'm aware that it really might have been tangled, maybe there was nothing supernatural about it. It seemed worth mentioning because there are so many odd things happening on a regular basis. Almost too coincidental.

Another such event happened not too long after. I have 2 crystal sun-catchers stuck on the small windows of my front door. The door is never used and so always closed. It is off in the very corner of the living room with no source of air flow around it. As I was watching T.V., the rainbow of the sun through the crystals was lazily rolling back and forth on the wall. It caught my eye and I watched for a few minutes until some silly thing on T.V. got my attention and I looked away. When I did look back at them they were perfectly still, then I realized that they should have been still all along since there was no source of air flow at all. I kept one eye on them the rest of that day and on and off since and have never seen the swaying rainbows on the wall since that time. This could be explained, I suppose, but I can't see how because the air doesn't circulate in that corner.

In late August or early September, 2006, (school was still out for summer vacation), my oldest son saw a reflection in the patio door of (what he thought was) his Dad sitting in the rocking chair on the back deck. He went over to the door to speak to him but when he looked out there was no one there. My son hadn't realized that his Dad wasn't even home at the time.

Things seemed to quiet down for a while, or at least we didn't notice anything unusual happening. Then on June 5, 2007, it was floor washing day. It was really windy that day and I figured that with the patio door open, the floors would dry in no time. Once they were dry, I wanted to close the door part way because the wind was so strong coming through that it was causing the plants to bend and whip around. I was afraid they would break off. I put a shoe behind the door to hold it closed part way but the wind was so strong that before I even got out of the room, the door had blown all the way open again. I had a few choice words and thought I'd have to go and shut the door all the way because the wind was just too strong. Just as I started walking back to shut it, the door slammed shut really hard. This I can't explain at all because the wind was blowing directly in the door. I guess Rocky was trying to save me the trip across the room.

My experiences aren't frightening, dramatic or prophetic in any way, I think Rocky just wants us to know he's still around. We think of him and speak of him often, he's in our minds a lot. We're not mourning his loss any more, we just remember him fondly and are happy for the time we had with him. I feel that as long as this is the case, he'll be around us until he decides he's had enough. I find it a comfort that he's keeping us company.

There are more stories to tell and when time permits and the mood strikes, I'll send some more for you to read and hopefully enjoy.

Thanks to all for taking the time to read about my experiences.

Other hauntings by Bellissima

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bellissima, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GibsonFlyingV (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-07)
The ones that you have lost always want to be remembered by you and never forgotten. And I also think that Uncle Rocky was trying to joke around with the door, sometimes spirits try to be funny 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-23)
Thanks Zagrebacki_Lovac for reading my stories, I'm glad you like them. Rocky was a really great guy and my family and I are pleased he's around to tease (and annoy!)us. Thanks for the kind comments. 😊
Zagrebacki_Lovac (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-23)
Im happy that your brother in law is still keeping you company even when his dead. I wish that dead members of my family are keeping me company 😢
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
Wow Abby, thank you for the warm and wonderful comments. I am very pleased to hear this from you because you are one of my most respected 'critics' so to speak. Your opinions are very valuable to me. You and Shane are the epitome of this site for me and I respect you and all you have to say regarding the tales told here, mine or otherwise. You always give sound advice and I bow to you and your knowledge. When you comment on my stories, I feel honored. Thanks once again. (mushy-mushy but you're a doll! 😊)
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-18)
Dear Bellissima,

Thank you once again. :) My dear, you are such a brilliant human being! Your brilliance shines not only in your well written stories on this site, but in every aspect of your life, the loves of your life and in your life itself. Your family and friends are very lucky and blessed to have your brilliance in their lives, as well as all of us here at this site. Your children are lucky to have the stereo, but more lucky to have your brilliance shine within them and within their own children. As your brilliance will shine with every generation to come.

With Appreciation & Many Blessings, Abby ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-18)
Thanks Shane for the congrats! This is a great site for info and support (and sometimes a good chuckle 😉) There is a lot of good info and really great stories here on YGS and I feel like part of an oddball family (I mean that in a good way!) It's nice to have our little community where we can share our strange and scary experiences with like-minded people and not feel embarrassed when things sound too weird for everyday conversation. I always look forward to more tales and the comments that accompany them!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-18)
Oh Bell, I apologize I hadn't realized you had made senior. Congrats! You are now one of the select few who have toughed it out. You deceided to hang with the rest of us nuts from the fruit farm. 😜 Just kidding, for the most part we are gaining a great bunch of people to our family who are out to seek answers to their experiences or to share with others the knowledge they themselves have learned over time. Once again CONGRATS!

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-18)
Hi Abby! Thanks for reading my stories and I'm glad you enjoy them. Thanks for the congrats on becoming a senior poster, honestly I hadn't realized I had graduated to a senior!
Now as for that stereo, it's still going strong after many years. It's been hanging on for about 12 years now. We handed it down to our kids so they could get realistic sounds during their video games and they still use it with no problems.
Rocky is in spirit as he was in life, good natured and happy-go-lucky. I'm glad to have him around us.
As always, I respect and appreciate your comments and kind words. It means a lot to me that you've taken the time to read and respond. Thank you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-17)
Dear Bellissima,

How is that stereo working these days? ;)

Congratulations on becoming a fellow senior ghoster poster! Sorry, I missed it when you hit 100 posts. :(

Thank you for another one of your enjoyable Rocky stories. I do not think there is anything wrong with having help from the other side, even if it is from a lovable teaser like Rocky. :) I also do not think it is crazy to talk to a ghost or spirit, hey I talk to them out loud all the time, and agreed, many think I am certifiable.

Thanks for your entertaining ghost stories, your presence here and for your supportive comments.

Blessings, Abby ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-17)
Hi Annie, thanks for reading and enjoying! I'm glad you did. I do still have more to tell and will get to it eventually. As I said, a lot of it isn't even close to hair raising, spellbinding terror, I guess I should say none of it is. I sort of feel like I want to get across that not all encounters are terrifying and life altering. I am always happy to hear any comments, especially the ones that say I'm pretty decent at getting my stories across. Thank you kindly. 😊
Annie (202 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-16)
Bell, I've just read all of your "Uncle Rocky" installments. They are wonderful! Very well written. Thanks for sharing, and please write more!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
Hi Shane! Once again, my tried and true reader. Thanks for your comments, They are truly appreciated and respected. I realise this 'batch' seems a little more explainable, I wanted to share it all, whether perfectly believable or possibly my wishful thinking. Like I said, I don't believe coincidence happens as often as some believe. I've just sort of put all of the weird things together and they just = too many weird things for me. Six years is a long stretch of weirdness, especially after such a tragic twist at the onset. I just hope I don't come across as some kind of crackpot. You always seem supportive with your comments and I'm more than happy to concede that some of the things that have happened may be just regular run of the mill, everyday happenings. I have to say, I'm so thrilled that we share our home with such a playful, familiar entity and not something horrifying, as you have encountered and many others here have as well. I think Rocky just teases us with his silliness as often as he can. Anyway, thanks for reading and for the open mind! 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
Thank you Bell for another wonderful story. You are right, most of what you experienced could possibly be explained away, but you are the one who has had the experiences so no one but yourself knows if they are paranormal or not.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: