You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: A Weird Ouija Board Experience

Real Ghost Stories

A Weird Ouija Board Experience

 

So, even though I've tried many times, I've never been able to actually make a connection with a Ouija board. The strangest thing happened about 10-15 minutes ago, though. I was sitting in my dining room and decided to get my old board out. Now, normally I wouldn't do this in the middle of the day, but... I figured that since I've been reading a lot of Ouija board stories on this site, I was interested and may as well give it yet another try. What could it hurt, right?

Well, I went to my room and got my Ouija board from my closet. I had forgotten that the planchette was missing, but I figured that the top from one of my mother's old, empty pill bottles would work just fine, since it was just about the right size. So, I sat down at my dining room table and I put the board on the table. I lit a candle and started doing figure-8's with the cap, since I've been told that doing so is supposed to be a good way to start the board going. I'll put the questions and answers I got below, as though it were a script.

Me: Are there any spirits here that wish to speak? (asked several times, finally got a response after the 4th time)

Board: YES

Me: Are you from the sun or the moon? (supposedly, spirits can't lie about this)

Board: (cap starts going between sun and moon and back to the sun)

Me: Okay, okay. How many spirits are here with me right now?

Board: 5 (cap is starting to speed up, but just barely)

Me: Okay. Let's have just one of you speaking for a little while here so that we can actually talk. Why are you here?

Board: SUICIDE

Me: You committed suicide?

Board: YES

Me: Why did you kill yourself?

Board: FILES

Me: Why did you kill yourself over files?

Board: (cap starts making circles between the bottom arch of letters and the row of numbers)

Me: Okay, let's try this again... Why kill yourself over files?

Board: WAIT FRONT DOOR

Then the front door to the building I live in opened (it's a slightly heavy door and I was sitting near the front of my apartment, which is on the first floor, so I could hear it easily) and there was a knock on the front door to my apartment.

I ran to put my Ouija board back in my room and covered it with a sweater. When I got back to the front door, it was a guy delivering Chinese food and was trying to find apartment A, which is actually directly below me. I'm a little scared to go back to finish the session, but I also didn't say good-bye, so I don't know what to do.

I'd appreciate any feedback with your thoughts about what the heck happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Vermont

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elizabeth_L, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

i_believe996 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
Firstly, Ouija boards are highly dangerous, and you shouldn't have got it out in the first place.
Ouija boards open up a portal to the spirit world, so any spirit can come through at any time, good or bad.
Spirits can continue to come through until you close the portal- which you didn't do.
To close the portal properly, you must get a special spirit expert (medium) to come to your house and close the portal and keep you safe from bad spirits.
You are not supposed to use the Ouija board unless you are an expert in the spiritual world, if your not it is highly dangerous and there is lots of consequences.
Also you should have went back to the board and said goodbye, because now you don't know what will happen.
I would just like to add on that spirits aren't exactly what they say they are. The spirit you communicated with apparently committed suicide but that is not necessarily true. Evil spirits often pretend to be good spirits too.
Hope this helped
😁 😁 😁
ghostlysmile (guest)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
Firstly, you should not have use it.
Did you used it alone?
The most important thing is to close the board properly, but you did'nt.
The board was just telling about that guy, well it was a SCARY story
Light_is_Sanctuary (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-08)
[at]Elizabeth_L
Okay first and far most I know how you feel reading about others experiences can make you want to try it again but what everyone says is true Ouija board is a dangerous instrument although I don't agree that there is a right way to use it. When you use a Ouija board you open a doorway and bad things can get through even if you are talking to a normal spirit at the time. I have never used a real Ouija Board in my entire life because I witnessed the damage they can do to others but I have tried other ways of communication. I think the mistake you made was not finishing properly but even if you are to finish it properly there is still a slight chance this doorway does not close. In cases like that it takes a bit more to get rid of it.
I am not disagreeing with the rest of your suggestions on ways to fix it but if a spirit is reluctant to leave it can mean its dangerous. Overall our opinions are our own. I hope Elizabeth_L you stay safe and be careful.
ZowieIsntScared (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-07)
The one thing that confuses me about this is why would you even think about using a Ouija bored? Those things are nothing but bad luck. Now my Mums family are christians and I asked them if I could use one and they scolded me. I asked my dad his words were 'Thats not a good idea Hun' they're very dangerous things and a lot could happen by playing and messing around with one.
UnicornAnonymous (10 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-06)
I Believe You Should Only Use A Ouija Board If You Are Experienced In Using It. Ouija Boards Are Not A Toy. You Need To Close The Session Like Everyone Said, Because You Don't Know What Could Come Out Of It.

Thanks UnicornAnonymous (Ashley)
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
Funny, different peoples views of associating with the paranormal. Maybe the thing is thinking of it as paranormal, and therefore exciting, like para sailing, or a game of some kind. If we looked at it as just normal, we would think of what we were doing. We wouldn't sit down for the game of it and demand the average person to speak to us, so why would we consider speaking to someone who's on another plain that way? Only a thought. 😳
ghostseeker9 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
Don't you know that using a Ouija board is dangerous if you don't know how to use it?
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
Hey there! I see you say what harm could an Ouija board do right? Believe me, curiosity always kills the cat. Its not advisable to use the Ouija board but now that you have walked into it and ended it without saying goodbyes, I suggest you wait to see if there's something more to the experience. Fortunately, no bad spirits showed up. Try praying though, might help a bit. Keep us updated. Thanks.
-Shady.
ghstwrld (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
Seriously stupid thing to be messing with, I'd get rid of that thing right now if I was you.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-03)
Hi, just a quick question / comment. I have never used a Ouija board, and don't intend to in all honesty, and I am aware this information may be readily available on the web, but by what I read here, using a Ouija board opens a portal or link to the other side. Can any spirit communicate? How are they made aware a portal / link has been opened, and I assume if it is not closed properly as in this case, then it is basically an open door for anyone or anything to come through? I apologise if this is off topic or an annoyance, I would just like a better understanding, and a few seem to be experienced. Thanks.
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Well people, I know I'm not an expert but from the story she was tellin, she said there was an answer of 5 when she asked how many spirits were there so we know there is atleast five she would have to take care of.

Peace
CuriousGuy
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
val - thank you 😊 I'm trying to restrain myself to offering my advice when I actually know what I'm talking about or when based on something I've experienced. Which could explain why my comments have become few and far between lately 😆 😉
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Red- you certainly have that right. Any spirit might have used the chance, not just the one she was speaking with. I've heard of using the Holy water, or rubbing the board and planchette down (gently) with salt water.
Miracles: In all honesty (as with most things paranormal) there is no such thing as an 'expert' on such matters, just varying degrees of experience/knowledge. I know, you know that 😉, but the next part of my comment sort of needed it said to make the impact I want. You have no idea how much I respect you for saying that since you've only used one once, you cannot/ will not offer advise. In my experience not many will willingly draw that line, I really admire that. 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Elizabeth_L
So you've read some stories about the Ouija Board on this site and decide to take your old board out for a whirl? Have you NOT read the warnings against playing or ''using'' it to make contact with spirits? I don't know were you got the idea that spirits can't lie about whether they come from day or night. Demons don't come out only at night. You MUST close your Ouija Board. I can't believe that you left it open, once opened and not properly closed who knows what came through the portal? Close the session properly, if you still have that spirit that you made contact with take Valricky's advice to heart but I have something to add tell ALL spirits that may have come through that they have to leave. If you can get some Holy Water sprinkle it on BOTH sides of the board and say nothin more can come out of that portal anymore.
I suggest that if you want to find out anything about your long lost relatives or what not go to a psychic.
AngelaHauser (5 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-02-01)
I think this sport was a kid playing around with you knew that there was a man down stairs and decided that it would be funny to play a trick on you.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-01)
Elizabeth: I'm curious, it has been a long time from the day you submitted your story and its publication. Have you experienced anything unexplained or paranormal ever since? Do you think the entity that came through is lingering in your apartment?

I hope you didn't open your house to something negative. 😢

Keep us posted!
strider009 (13 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-01)
cant anyone say good bye when using these boards? You should know better you read posts on the site...
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2014-02-01)
Elizabeth, since the board told you about the door, it's evident you were speaking with an intelligent spirit. Obviously, you have decided to ignore any advise given against using one. (I assume since you said you read many OB stories on this site, you also read the comments.) What could it hurt? Hmmmm... Have you ever encountered an evil spirit? Would you know what to do? I doubt so, as you are in a quandary about what to do with the rather simplistic problem of having not closed the board, and also a wee bit scared because you received a verified message. Simply, go close the board as you normally would. Start by thanking the spirits for coming forward and talking with you. Wish them peace and say Goodbye. The spirit should move the planchette to GOODBYE and you may pack up the board.
If the spirit does not move the planchette to GOODBYE, then tell the spirit that you are saying goodbye and that you ask they do the same. If the spirit STILL refuses to leave, then you must move the planchette to GOODBYE and in a stern strong voice say GOODBYE and LEAVE out loud. Remove your fingers from the planchette. If you feel that is not enough you can also slam the planchette down on a hard surface (obviously take care not to break it!) or pass it through a candle flame if it is not made of flammable material.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-01)
Elizabeth_L - first, I have only used a Ouija board once, so I am not an expert and cannot/will not offer advice. I have just a suggestion to make about the Board's comment "WAIT FRONT DOOR". Perhaps the Board was just letting you know someone was going to be knocking at your door and that your session was going to be interrupted.

As for the rest, closing the session...I'm sure there will be others who can guide you on what to do.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: