You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Lady In Blue

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady In Blue

 

I am currently visiting a friend in Islamorada, FL and we decided to take a trip to Key West for a day. After wandering around for a couple of hours we decided to grab a drink at a bar called Captain Tony's Saloon.

This bar has quite the history. There is a tree growing right through the roof that used to be the towns hanging tree. Many pirates were hung in the tree, as well as one townswoman who was crazy and killed her husband and two young sons before putting pieces of them outside for the animals to dispose of. One of her neighbors saw this and called the police, who dragged her out of bed and hung her. Later on, Tony knocked out a wall to make a pool room and found bones in the dry wall. He laid the bones to rest and built the wall with bottles of holy water stuck in.

My friend and I were naturally curious and after finishing our drinks at the bar, started asking the blue lady to reveal herself to us if she was still around. Getting nothing in response, we decided to leave but I had to use the bathroom first while my friend waited outside. The bathroom had the creepy feeling that someone was watching you but it was empty, the first stall was locked although there was no one in it. We left and later that night, about 2 AM, we decided to head back home when my friend noticed her keys were missing from her backpack. Thinking they must have fallen out at one of the shops, we backtracked everywhere we had been and they were nowhere to be found. Finally our last stop was Tony's. They were getting ready to close up but to our joy, the bartender produced the keys. My friend asked where he found them and he said someone found them in the ladies room.

My friend and I have gone over it several times and there is no way her keys could have fallen out of get backpack and ended up in the ladies room. The only solution we could come up with was we provoked the lady in blue and she was making herself known.

I know it's not the most riveting story but it's mine and I would love the chance to communicate with her again sometime.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emmalove, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-24)
The bar sounds awesome to me!
Is there any way that she could have gone into her backpack and accidentally misplaced her keys? Just a theory 😊

What I do like is the idea that she was telling you that, yes, you were being watched.

That bar sounds like quite the place to hangout for a bit. I'll have to look it up.

Thanks for a cool account and a new thing to research ❤

Best wishes!
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
Captain Tony's is awesome. Hope you get to meet her again, only yeah, be carefull.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
Quite an experience I enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing. (:
-Shady.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-03)
Hey, my parents went to that restaurant and they never told me it was supposed to be haunted! Sounds like I'm going to have to visit my grandparents soon so I can check that place out! Very cool! 😊
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
That is a really interesting experience and that could have definitely been her making herself known as spirits can sometimes move things and place them in other locations where and when we would never expect.

Thank you for sharing that with us and please do tell us if you ever decide to contact her again and what the outcome is.

Peace
CuriousGuy

PS. Just play it careful. She may be playful with this time but who knows how she will react next time.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Emma, I think this is a very cool experience. Thank you for sharing it with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: