You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Pretending To Be Girlfriend

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Pretending To Be Girlfriend

 

I was staying over at my girlfriend's house and woke up at about 4 a.m. I looked up and saw a face staring at me. It looked like my girlfriend with her glasses on, but the face was a bit different and kind of creepy. I just stared at it for a few seconds but it disappeared. It seemed like she was standing through my girlfriend, my girlfriend was laying in bed and whatever was staring at me was standing through her and the bed. I checked to make sure my girlfriend was still sleeping next to me and she was dead asleep.

I kept it to myself for a few days and then finally asked her if she was staring at me sleeping that night, and she said that she wasn't. Also earlier that same night me and her performed a small seance, but nothing really happened during it. What is this pretending to be my girlfriend? And why would it do this?

And also, about a week before this I had an experience at her sister's house. Me and my girlfriend were staying over at her house and we were sleeping on the couch. The couch is facing her sister's bedroom door. I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a girl standing in front of her sister's bedroom door. It looked like a teenage girl, but I couldn't see her face. Her face was either dark or she was facing the door, I couldn't tell though. Could this have anything to do with my other experience? Or could something be following me or my girlfriend?

I know my girlfriend and her sister have always been sensitive to the paranormal and weird things happen to them quite often. But my girlfriend said she has never experienced something paranormal trying to look like her so were both confused about the situation, so please give us some advice.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, superblok, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-14)
It could be a way to contact you without making you afraid of it.

But I am also curious about the seance you mentioned, can you elaborate?
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
I'm with Triskaideka, Missy-Ryton and Strider009, don't trust the girl ghost. She may be pretenting to be something non threatning and she may end up being the nightmare of your life. I've heard of demons and evil spirits doing this to let your guard down and then they reek havok on your life. I know I'm repeating some of what they have said but please take heed, be careful.
strider009 (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
be wary anything that can take the form of someone else is dangerous in its own right. I believe this ghost is only following you though. Don't involve your girlfriend it could be hard on her if she really is sensitive to the paranormal
missy-ryton (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
Hi there, I read your story and immediately alarm bells rang. I have read before that sometimes a spirit will disguise itself as someone you trust so you begin to trust it as you would the person it disguised itself as then play havoc with your life. I asked a medium at my local spiritualist church and he confirmed what I had read.

I in no way mean to scare you with my comment I just think you should be wary of it. I also agree that it's probably the same ghost you saw before. I would suggest speaking to a medium about it see if they can tell you what it was. Take care 😊
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
This sounds like the other side of an experience of mine, wherein I saw a "jealous ghost" in my dreams mimic MY appearance so she could claim my boyfriend at the time as her own.

I don't trust any ghost or spirit who mimics anyone else.
SRwilliams1992 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Awww its a little girl-ghost crush lol sounds a lot like she likes you and it would make a lot of sense for her to look like your girlfriend to not scare you too much. Do you think maybe the ghost is checking on your girlfriend and making sure you are a good guy? Maybe your girlfriend lost a friend or a cousin or someone close to her in the past?
MysteriousGuy (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
I agree with AngelaHauser. I think she was jealous of both of you. Just don't forget to pray. 😊
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
You should read the comments on the following story, the reason for which will be explained if you click the link below:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=19185#comment

PS Before a mod deletes my comment for spam, please click on the link above -- the story isn't mine. Thanks!
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
She could have also taken the appearance of your girlfriend so you wouldn't freak out. Spirits are sometimes known for altering how they appear as to not upset or freak us out

Peace
CuriousGuy
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Some people say we all have spirits who accompany us through life. This girl could be someone who was related to your girlfriend or somehow knew her in this or another life. It seems she had been around before and probably took your séance as an invitation to get a little more in your face, quite literally. There's no evidence she means any harm. I would refrain from doing any séances in the future. This time you just invited a harmless spirit in. You don't know who or what you may invite in next time. As to why she looked like your girlfriend, I think it likely you simply thought she did because that's who your sleepy brain assumed it was.
AngelaHauser (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
I think the ghost that looked like your girlfriend was the same ghost as the ghost in the sister's doorway. Maybe she ws jealous of you and your girlfriend somehow.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: