You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It's Not Just A Game, It's A Twisted Reality

Real Ghost Stories

It's Not Just A Game, It's A Twisted Reality

 

It all starts with me as a young boy. I would often times awake at night in need of a refreshment (I still do to this day). To inform you, this was every night. I would open my door and start walking down the hallway. This creature appearing to be a demonic version of "Crash Bandicoot" himself.

The appearance of it: A fox creature with dark brown hair covering its body with tattered pants that didn't descend below its knees. Eyes were normal but had an emptiness to them. Nose came out about 4 inches. Mouth had razor teeth, drool dripping from them with movement from his body. He had claws and stood slouched, like a lingering hunch where he just stared.

The creature would run around my house and stop at the hall and stare at me. He was lightning fast. You would see him leave the hall and come again almost instantly after. It spoke to me once with the words "I will get you"

One specific night my father asked me, "What you doing up?" I replied to him, "I want a glass of water."

I spent night after night standing at the end of the hall. For years. I will still stand at the end of the hall and convince myself I'm not crazy.

About 3 years ago I was visited again. Same house. Same thing happened. It proved to me that it was real. I woke up and walked in the hall. And it was there. This time I walked down the hall at it. And it ran. I grabbed a glass to get water and it stood to my left watching me. In its same pose, same everything. I looked at it. Terrified, I still faced the fear I was going through. I didn't sleep the rest of the night. And nights after.

My parents don't believe me. And my dad doesn't remember back then. But I know. Does this sound similar to anyone else's experiences?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kenneth-chipman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
kenneth-chipman, I agree with CuriousGuy. Spirits have a way of presenting themselves as different shapes,figures,people etc. The spirit may just focus on you, because you acknowledged it. And for facimg it I commend you, because not a lot of others would. Your truly a brave person.
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
Kenneth-Chipman,
I want you to know that you are not alone. I was planning to publish this in a part of my story but that part of this site is down. I'll publish the whole story when the site comes back up. For people who haven't seen something like this, if I were you I wouldn't believe it either. Ir'a hard to believe. People who have never seen it can't understand the thoughts that go through your mind or the fear of just seeing it. I hope you never do see this thing. Your mind is trying to make sense of something that just makes no sense in this world. I thought I might have been the only one to have seen this thing or I was crazy. It's nice to know I'm not alone. It's something I will never forget nor the fear I had.

I went to sleep early one night and I was having a terrible dream about being chased by an unseen entity on a path through a dim lit park. This is a reoccurring dream that I've had for years now. I won't describe the whole dream to save time and space. I could feel the evilness of the being behind me as it got closer and closer. When it gets almost to me, I always wake up, usually in a cold sweat. This night I rolled over and turned on the light. When I did, I was not alone in my room. There was an entity about 3 feet from the side of the bed. It was opaque black and it was the most evil thing I have ever seen in my life. It had a look on it's ugly face like it wanted to tear me apart. It's eyes were as black as it was with a glowing red color around the edges of its eyes. They were so piercing. It had its lips snarled and showing its long teeth that had a clear substance dripping from them. It's fingers were long and bony and at the tips were long black nails that were curved. It was as tall as my doll shelf it was standing next to which is over six feet tall but the entity was probably taller than that because it was crouched over like it was going to pounce on me. I screamed at the top of my lungs and my husband busted through the door coming to my rescue but it was gone. I didn't sleep the rest of the night. I know it was the thing from my dream that was chasing me. Somehow I had brought it with me or it has been causing this reoccurring dream. I don't know which. I've had the dream but I haven't seen "it" since.
AshCat (24 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
I find it interesting that you said your father has PTSD. I wonder if someone his mental issues have either manifested this or made the household vulnerable.
kenneth-chipman (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
It went on for probably a year. Before it just went away. Idr if I did something to make it go away. Often times.I'm still afraid to get up at night. Fearing it might come.back. I swear. This was sooooo real. Dream? I don't think so. Its soo vivid. I can draw a perfect picture on how he looked
kenneth-chipman (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
It only stayed in the hallways. Never touched a thing. Only came within inches of me while I saw it. My father has bad ptsd and doesn't remember much day to day. Often accuses. Me for things I have no idea how they happened. Like something broken. Something I would never need or want to touch. I have more questions about this then all of you probably.
kenneth-chipman (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
I.never played much. Of the game as a kid. Before I really knew. About the game I started. To experience this. I was around 6 years old. I still live in the same house and feel a weir presents sometimes. But beyond that. Out of nowhere I would kind of flash back to those.memories. Like out of nowhere.
MysteriousGuy (10 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
I thinks it is just your imagination. As what had said by CuriousGuy if you let the fear of them consume you, you will see what you are afraid of because of it. I experience the same as yours but lately it was gone because I don't think that there is someone who is always watching me. Fight your fear or tell your fear that "Hey! My God is Greater than YOU!" 🤔
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
valkricry: I love the way you offer a solution within a question! 😊

Kenneth: like a child, were you afraid of this 'Crash Bandicoot' character? Perhaps your subconscious mind only put a face to your fears.
Thanks for sharing.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Question: how old were you when this started?
Apparently, you no longer live in the house, but went back to visit - yet your parents don't believe you - so it's a safe bet that they aren't experiencing anything. As a child, living with them, they might deny everything trying not to frighten you. But as an adult? Hmmmm...
While, I agree with basilisk that what you experienced is a bit hard to believe, it doesn't mean that it did not happen. Bottom line is YOU believe it did, and that makes it your reality. Now, here is something to mull over: since apparently you only ever saw it at the end of the hall, when you got up to retrieve a glass of water - why didn't you simply keep a glass by your bed?
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
I would also be a little interested in knowing a little more about this spirit as well.

However here are a few pointers from experience, and if I am a little off then let me know (as far as you or other commenters).

1) Spirits can affect the way they appear. Say for example someone passes away when their really old. They can reappear as a spirit but it may be of them in their younger days, say in their teens or twenties.
2) Sometimes the hostile spirits can feed off fear, or in a better sense have more control if you let the fear of them consume you, so don't let the fear control you to much.

Has this spirit done anything else other then run the halls?

Has this spirit ever done anything to surrounding areas? (Pushed items off counters/tables, moved items to where you can't find them, touch you, enter other areas of the house, etc)

It was an interesting read however so feel free to keep us posted on what's going on.

Last question before I post, How long has this been going on for?
basilisk193 (35 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Sounds a bit hard to believe, sorry. You was incredibly brave, or naive to face the spirit every night, I'm not really sure which was the case.
This spirit doesn't seem to be the kind that actually haunt people to the end of the world but an opportunistic predator and it was simply interested in you. A hostile spirit, but not a very evil one.
It just walks around? Can it move things? Has it ever touched you? Can it come into your bedroom or it only stays at the hallway?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: